Does the Weidman hate mostly come from his dad?

No, his dad is great. Chris himself seems like a dickhead who tries to hide it but it still comes out no matter the effort he puts into his goodguy role.

A lot of Silva fans just can't accept Chris whooped him twice. I accepted it pretty soon after, it sucked but Weidman was legit and was a nightmare for Anderson on both the feet and on the ground. I actually became a fan of Weidman after the Machida fight. Glad to see him getting back on track

Sherdog is loaded with life losers who are quick to anger at other people's success.

I wouldn't worry much about it. Weidman is well within the range of likeable. If you are completely determined to project hatred onto someone because of your small penis, you can *always* find a reason to hate.

I only liked him cos he finally tagged Silva...about time someone finished his showboating... other than that I just dont find him exciting..
As for his old man... well hes certainly an exuberant old bugger... can hate him though... just a supremely proud Dad.. cant hate him for that

Sure everyone gets hate. But I didn't realize it until last night that holy shit people have a serious problem with Weidman, of all people. Sure he got finished in his last 3 fights against the very best yeah what a loser lmao. But last night he won in convincing fashion against a top figher and wow, just wow.

The hate has to come from his dad doing what he did after the Rockhold loss. He was emotional, he was out of line, and it's fun to make fun of it but that has nothing to do with the skill of Weidman. Get over it. I'm not his dad btw.

tenor.gif

Because he is a hype job who got lucky for a while (making fools believe "the hype was real"), but his true colors have already been shown.

Nope, not a disgruntled Silva fan. Fuck Silva and his "humble" façade too.

Weidman's dad has like 10 fake accounts where he bashes Chris constantly...

In all seriousness, it's mostly saltines who still can't let go of him ending Anderson's reign.

I kind of started hating him when he celebrated after snapping Anderson's leg.

But we're cool now.

2 inches from what I saw, but then again it was probably May/Conor I saw that from, damn sry that shit can get to anyone when it's posted that many times. But fuck you on your athleticism comment! This thread has nothing to do with race so gtfo! You fn rapist!

ummm.... Huh?

If you're a Weidman fan boy that's cool, like I said, I have nothing but love for the Chris. But if you think he's BACK, after that performance, I just don't want ppl to get their hopes up too high for him is all. The guy goes out there and competes, but don't set yourself up for a fall... you will become extra salty that way.

Hard to pinpoint 1 specific thing but his dad is a goon.

Weidman is not confident about himself at all. You can see that from his actions in Mousasi fight, and also when he had to exchange punches with Gastelum. Especially when he does interviews in the octagon, he always tries to bring up these "you guys keep doubting me""stop doubting me". Confident fighters like Mousasi and Gastelum won't care about others' doubt, they build their charisma by convincing performance and skills in the octagon. Weidman still lacks this thing in him. Congrats to him for this win, and wish that he can build the real champ confidence in his mindset in the future.

I don't like him because he always sound like an idiot to me in his interviews and he keeps doing that, dude finally win a fight against a WW after being stopped 3 times in his last 3 fights and thinks he is the real champion. How can I not dislike a person like that?

He seems quite a sensitive soul at heart and he can fight ie he is not worthy of the shit slinging he gets from a bunch of twats on here.

The BJ Penn style legal recourse crap post Mousasi was a big mistake but he probably knows that now he has wasted time and energy on it.

Celebrating when Anderson broke his leg
Hes the real champ (after gastelum fight)
Pulling out and causing the bisping situation
Excuses after he got pummelled by Rockhold

Few reasons why people dislike him.

I think more hate comes from longo and serra, I'd say it's Anderson but the only reason he had fans was because of Anderson.
@Fraser B It's clearly because he beat Anderson Silva. He was a hero to fans like this guy, and they picked him to beat Weidman both times. When Weidman beat their hero, and proved them wrong, they had to find ways to hate. For example, "Celebrating when Anderson broke his leg" is deemed a bad thing, and used as a way to vilify Weidman.

All other reasons listed above are relatively recent events, happening from December 2015 to present. Weidman's had a legion of haters since well before then. And it can't all be down to celebrating a title defense on a record-breaking PPV, a very normal thing to do.

It's especially weird, since Weidman is clearly a nice, normal guy. He's a former college wrestler and religious family man who plays games consoles in his free time. He's also an extremely exciting fighter, despite being a wrestler, who pressures his opponents, and goes for the finish, with KO and submission ability. Since beating Munoz, he's only gone to decision once, and that was the Machida FOTY candidate.

And they've held onto this bitter hatred and dishonesty for years, so unfortunately my words of wisdom will be wasted on these people.

2 fluke wins over anderson, then acting like he is king shit of turd island.

gets tooled thrice, then beats bloated reefer smoking ww, and acts like he is phil baroni (for you white belt gnewbs, that means he was acting like he was the best eva).

i like serra. longo gets some hate.

i dig his dad.

Fluke wins over Anderson? Do we really have to go through this again?

@Fraser B It's clearly because he beat Anderson Silva. He was a hero to fans like this guy, and they picked him to beat Weidman both times. When Weidman beat their hero, and proved them wrong, they had to find ways to hate. For example, "Celebrating when Anderson broke his leg" is deemed a bad thing, and used as a way to vilify Weidman.

All other reasons listed above are relatively recent events, happening from December 2015 to present. Weidman's had a legion of haters since well before then. And it can't all be down to celebrating a title defense on a record-breaking PPV, a very normal thing to do.

It's especially weird, since Weidman is clearly a nice, normal guy. He's a former college wrestler and religious family man who plays games consoles in his free time. He's also an extremely exciting fighter, despite being a wrestler, who pressures his opponents, and goes for the finish, with KO and submission ability. Since beating Munoz, he's only gone to decision once, and that was the Machida FOTY candidate.

And they've held onto this bitter hatred and dishonesty for years, so unfortunately my words of wisdom will be wasted on these people.
Haha nice and humble guy

Look at all the stupid shit he has said.

I'm the real champ just shows how arrogant and dumb this guy is.

Dude sits and cries about bisping being champ when he flatlined the bloke that made Weidman look like a fucking child on the ground.

Sure everyone gets hate. But I didn't realize it until last night that holy shit people have a serious problem with Weidman, of all people. Sure he got finished in his last 3 fights against the very best yeah what a loser lmao. But last night he won in convincing fashion against a top figher and wow, just wow.

The hate has to come from his dad doing what he did after the Rockhold loss. He was emotional, he was out of line, and it's fun to make fun of it but that has nothing to do with the skill of Weidman. Get over it. I'm not his dad btw.

I think a lot of it is his dad. Venus and Serena got a lot of that for their dad. Any college sports god whose dad who tries to pretend that he's by extension greater than his long-past glory days annoys. If there is the perception of "Hey, that's MY son! I made that!" instead of just "I'm proud of him" there's going to be backlash.

In Weidman's case all the bitching about "doubters" gets pretty freakin' old very fast. When you go from people talking about you being possibly GOAT to getting taken out three fights in a row, doubts are fully warranted.

Having said that, he sure looked like he had everything sorted out this last fight. Impressive.

I've never understood the hate for Weidman. He's a genuinely great guy who's done a lot for the sport and is always respectful to those respectful to him. You aren't gonna find a whole lot of better people in this sport than him.

Fluke wins over Anderson? Do we really have to go through this again?

you think if they fought two more times, chris would win while anderson was clowning and then break his leg?

you think that?

Back