Michael Bisping: It Wont Be a Fluke if Conor McGregor Knocks Out Floyd Mayweather!

tenor.gif

Of course it won't be a fluke. A fluke is an accident; if Conor throws a punch and it lands where he wants it to, knocking Floyd out, then it's the opposite of a fluke.

It's just highly unlikely to happen.

Taken out of context or what, he was pretty much saying no punch thrown and intended to land can be called a fluke lol

Of course it won't be a fluke. A fluke is an accident; if Conor throws a punch and it lands where he wants it to, knocking Floyd out, then it's the opposite of a fluke.

fluke1
flo͞ok/
noun
  1. unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck.
    "their triumph was no fluke"
    synonyms: chance, coincidence, accident,twist of fate.

The whole if you throw a punch and it lands shtick is getting old. You can land a punch and it can be a complete fluke.

Conor has about as good of a chance as anyone that knows how to throw a punch with power.

fluke1
flo͞ok/
noun
  1. unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck.
    "their triumph was no fluke"
    synonyms: chance, coincidence, accident,twist of fate.
Not sure if you're agreeing with me or not, but this post proves what I said. Unlikely CHANCE occurrence; now look up the definition of chance.

Note the synonyms and how they all explicitly express lack of intention or design.

It'd be a fluke, but it wouldn't be luck.

Bisping is right, there are no elements of luck in a fist fight. There are rare occurrences, but they aren't luck. JDS didn't get lucky against Cain. This is my take on what's "lucky" in a fight just a few quick examples

-Chiek Congo is LUCKY the referee didn't stop the fight when he was fighting pat berry. The fight conceivably could have been stopped, no one would have batted an eye at it, but it didn't.

- Jon Jones was LUCKY the referee didn't see his horribly disjointed toe in the chael fight, had that been noticed the fight may have been stopped. and chael would have won.

Luck in an MMA fight is when an outside acting force (usually officiating) interferes or influences the outcome of a fight. If a fighter trains to land a big left hook on his opponent and it lands and ko's the dude, it's not luck. it went exactly as it was practiced. Regardless of how many times out of 10 it would KO the person.

Explain that to everyone calling Mcgregor's win over Aldo a fluke.

It won't be a fluke because it's impossible

Not sure if you're agreeing with me or not, but this post proves what I said. Unlikely CHANCE occurrence; now look up the definition of chance.

Note the synonyms and how they all explicitly express lack of intention or design.
Well one of the synonyms was "accident". Which you used i believe. But it also states that its an unlikely occurance. Ill explain.

If i buy a lottery ticket, im intending to win. But if i do, its still a fluke, since me doing the exact same thing next week is unlikely to happen.

TRTor killed 40% of Bisping's brain cells

The whole if you throw a punch and it lands shtick is getting old. You can land a punch and it can be a complete fluke.
While mayweather is obviously the better "boxer" mcgregor does possess
Great timing and reflexes and if he manages to land a clean counter and hurt floyd I would have a hard time calling it a fluke he's proven time and time again that he is a high level counter striker

It almost seems like Mike is rooting for Conor here

Not as old as people insisting that well timed and well placed punches are flukes. Too many good, clean KOs are called flukes simply because some fans thought their fighter couldn't lose.

While mayweather is obviously the better "boxer" mcgregor does possess
Great timing and reflexes and if he manages to land a clean counter and hurt floyd I would have a hard time calling it a fluke he's proven time and time again that he is a high level counter striker
A fluke doesn't mean impossible just an extremely low probability of occurring. Floyd beating 49 boxers who have all spent a lifetime perfecting one particular aspect of fighting and then losing to someone who for all intents and purposes is a novice, is the epitome of a fluke.

Back