Is Shane Carwin the best MMA fighter of all time?

KONE

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
With news of Shane Carwin returning to MMA after his destruction of skateboarder Jason Ellis, I figured we'd go back and revisit one of the most impressive UFC runs in recent memory that was cut short due to injuries and other various reasons.

For those of you who don't know, Shane Carwin is 6'8 and has 9XL gloves, and is in the extremely exclusive club of having (T)KO'd Neil Wain, Christian Wellisch, Gabriel Gonzaga, and Frank Mir. I don't know about you guys but a resume like that speaks volumes. Granted Fedor beat Nogueira in his prime and a prime Mirko Crocop, but really it pales in comparison to this. We've never seen Gonzaga lose by (T)KO in such a manner. We've never seen Frank Mir take a barrage of strikes due to his totally not susceptible defenses and historically bad clinch, but Carwin being the MMA Maestro he is proved why he's the absolute best.

His power is the best of any fighter and it's NOT EVEN CLOSE. I mean really, what do you think would happen if guys with weaker power like Hunt, Overeem, Stipe, Rumble, Rampage, JDS etc hit Gonzaga and Christian mother fucking Wellisch with a clean 1-2 punch? Would they go down? I doubt it. Clearly this showcases Carwin's one of a kind power. It probably comes with his 9XL gloves, showcased here:

wMh8fNd.png

Let's get right into it

His victories:

Neil Wain:

First the legend went up against Neil Wain himself. Carwin is very well versed in striking so he opened up with a 1-2. He was coming up a little short with some of his 1-2 combinations, but Carwin is tough. Despite being outstruck by Neil Wain, he continues to throw a few 1-2 combinations. Despite being an elite wrestler (as well as the hardest hitter in MMA history), he shoots for a takedown and is stuffed. He eventually gets the takedown and wins by mounting Neil Wain and finishing him. An iconic victory.

Christian Wellisch:

Carwin opens up a 1-2 punch. Wellisch is winning but Carwin is never deterred from his gameplan, so he continues to throw 1-2 punches. He throws a couple more 1-2 punches. After failing upwards of 5 times and being thoroughly outstruck by a journeyman, he finally gets Wellisch to run head first into his 1-2 punch. Chalk up another one for the best fighter of all time with the most power of all time. How does this guy keep pulling this off?

Gabriel Gonzaga:

Carwin and Gonzaga meet each other near the center. Carwin throws a 1-2 punch. Gonzaga lands two right hands, Carwin is hurt! Carwin (with his elite wrestling) is luckily taken down by Gonzaga. Carwin gets back up and throws a 1-2 punch and wins. I really don't know how he does it. No one has (T)KO'd the likes of Gonzaga before.

Frank Mir:

Carwin throws a 1-2 punch. Mir counters with a left hook. Carwin, once again never deterred, throws a 1-2 punch again. He throws a 3rd 1-2 punch. Carwin being the elite wrestler he is shoots underneath a Mir combination for a takedown, he's sure to get this takedown against someone with statistically some of the worst TDD in HW history. Mir gets lucky and stuffs the takedown. Mir is known for being very good in the clinch, so Mir is doing an ethereal job protecting his face against the cage. Carwin SOMEHOW manages to find a way to hit Frank Mir in the face (reminder: Mir is really good against the cage and was defending him very well) and win. Huge shoutout to Dan Miragliotta for giving Mir every chance to continue, but he just couldn't overcome Shane mother fuckin' Carwin

Brock Lesnar:

Should have been stopped. Carwin displayed surgical precision by punching Lesnar in the face and not punching his forearms for the better part of 4 minutes. I consider this a victory

JDS:

Apparently he fought the only technical and durable striker he's ever faced in his life and got utterly annihilated and embarrassed but I didn't watch. He probably got lucky though.

So what's next for Shane in Rizin guys?

<mma4>

After reading this I'm even more convinced that Fedor is ducking Shane. FOR SURE!

Looks like you spent equal time on the shoop and the text

Carwin was an animal. He accomplished a lot. I don't see the need to poke fun but then again I'm pretty fucking lame in general.

and while he didn't beat Brock, Carwin exposed him and Brock's career was almost straight downhill afterward (except for the record payout at UFC 200 lol).

Who da fook is that guy?

Kidding, I've heard of him before. Never saw him around though.

Before there was KOFinger, before there was those other basic ass posters, there was 99silva. Shittiest thread starter of all time.

This is the most effort I've ever seen being put in to a joke/troll thread

I think Kone borrowed Nate's black shirt, but he's still my boy.

He seemed pretty good, no need to mock him and nobody really exaggerates his abilities to the point of certain other fighters anyway.

Back