Amazing MMA Facts

Was really trying to find the fat ronda lookalike who is walking around drinking out of a 2 liter bottle asking someone in a car if they have a cig. When they said no, she says fuck you. lol

Edit: WTF is up with these pics? I upload it and it loads, but when I post the reply, it turns to a wordshit.

not even the interwebs wants to see your shitpost, that's whats happening

3C06DD6B00000578-4106098-image-m-42_1484074583304.jpg

Was really trying to find the fat ronda lookalike who is walking around drinking out of a 2 liter bottle asking someone in a car if they have a cig. When they said no, she says fuck you. lol

Edit: WTF is up with these pics? I upload it and it loads, but when I post the reply, it turns to a wordshit.
A workaround for the pics is to actually download it first, and then use the "attach files" function for the post. (By the way, while replying I can see the Ronda pic, but not otherwise.)

According to Don Frye, Gilber Yvel has the biggest penis of any fighter. (Frye told a story of how there was a busload of fighters on a bus going to an event and they were bored so they started "sizing each other up" and Frye said that Yvel put everyone to shame.)

Well, they only had like 2 tournaments after that one, so there hasn't been many chances to replicate the result...
(that was in 1997, and in 1998 they had a WW tournament won by Pat Miletich, and a MW tournament won by Dan Henderson)

For clarity's sake, the reason Saku and Conan had a rematch had nothing to do with the fact that "the Japanese protested", no one knew who Saluraba was, he wasn't even supposed to be here today, but Kanehara got injured so Sak was a replacement.

But since Tank Abbott had broken his hand beating on Yoji Anjo's thick skull (you might remember him as the Japanese pro-wrestler who challenged Rickson Gracie
Rickson Gracie vs. Yoji Anjo (lost recording of dojo fight; 1994) - The  Lost Media WikiView attachment 1013847
), then was no one to fight Marcus Conan Silveira in the finale, and since Saku was the only participant in shape to fight again, he got another go at him.

Just wrtting those details because to someone not familiar with the story, it could sound like Sakuraba was this big star, calling shots and getting fights overturned.
He managed to do that later in the Sexyama greasing debacle, but at that point he was a big deal, so people actually listened.

... and now that I think about it, PRIDE did change the outcome of the Guy Mezger fight, and instead of calling it a draw like agreed upon if they reached the time limit, PRIDE officials decided to have an extra round, that Ken Shamrock hadn't agreed on.
And since Mezger was gassed, and Saku seemed to have endless stamina, it was a bad situation for the Lion's Den guys

But considering that Saku was also on the receiving end on some terrible referee calls and questionable judging, and was sorta sabotaged by Takada himself
(I'll post a few examples)
it's kinda mitigated...

-Saku got screwed over in the first Nino Elvis Schembri, fight, when "the Godfather of Gogoplata" headbutted him right on the chin (to be fair to Nino, it did look accidental on his part) which rocked Saku long enough for Schembri to clinch and land a few devastating knees right to his face, followed by soccer kicks even while the ref was trying to stop the fight

Saku would get a rematch eventually, that he'd win, but had that happened today in the UFC it would have been an DQ as soon as the Takada Dojo guys called BS and demanded that they review the footage and etc
PRIDE was happy with the result though, it was a huge upset and the rematch would sell well, let's not waste this and miss the opportunity to spam the KO on every DVD

-Saku had a tough time dealing with the Gracie family, and had to accept rulesets that would advantage the Brazilians, like no time limit, and other stuff that was always last minute and "it's either that or no fight"
And in his last MMA fight against a Gracie, the always game Ralek, Saku had him in a pretty deep Kimura when the referee decided to stop the action because they were too close to the... cage wall. DREAM unveils white cage and main event: Alvarez vs. Kikuno - MMA  UndergroundView attachment 1013844
Yeah, it was when DREAM got a badass white cage so they should have let Saku work on that submission he had on, but the ref acted like there were ropes and the combattants were about to slip though them, and dragged them in the middle of the DREAM cage, where Saku didn't get to restart with his armlock.

That one annoyed me so bad ><

-Japanese refs arguably failed him a bunch of time, letting Smirnovas beat on a clearly done Saku for so long that he gassed, and Saku was able to get a win, but the price for victory was waaaaay too high.
Top 10 Best MMA Comeback Wins of All-Time | WeHeartMMAView attachment 1013845
Those were the days were we weren't seriously worried about concussions and the possibility of getting punch drunk from MMA was alien, it was just a boxing thing, "because these idiots punch each other in the head for 50 rounds and get a bunch of opportunities to get rocked, and get back up, but in MMA is you get dropped you get stomped a couple times and the ref steps in"

But even then lots of people were worried about the damage Saku had taken in that fight, added to the damage he took in previous fights like against Arona (in which his own corner called it quits since the ref didn't), Igor, or Wanderlei.
It was a tough time to be a IQ Wrestler superfan

-And that he would keep getting in the sadly controversial Saku vs Zelg "Benkei" Galesic, on which Sak got pounded on for so friggin' long that even if he did end up getting the sub
(and poor Benkei got his knees ligaments completely destroyed, he had to take a long break and wouldn't be able to fight for 2 years)

- One last thing, since that fight didn't really matter the outrage didn't last long, but if you were on Sherdog when the Saku vs Royce rematch happened, you'll remember that the decision was extremely unpopular, and 90% of sherbros had Saku winning that kind boring fight, and Royce would piss hot anyway so it was overturne, but that was another instance of "omg why does Japan hate poor Saku"

Oh well
I'm glad that the UFC put him in the HoF even though he only fought twice for that org, for the UFC 15.5 Japan GP
I love that QUINTET is back on tracks, and that after taking so many beatings at the end of his career, he was really able to do whatever he pleased with his submission wrestling org, got to do way more pro-wrestling
and be the guy able to help his once opponent, the Mad Dog Pro-Wrestler "
Iconic lineage. Shibata, Sakuraba and Funaki. Strong style heroes :  r/SquaredCircleView attachment 1013846

into international super-stardom
Good post but Shibata is an assclown and a fucking bum and I'm convinced none of his mma wins are legitimate. I'm at least positive the Minowa win was a farce

Good post but Shibata is an assclown and a fucking bum and I'm convinced none of his mma wins are legitimate. I'm at least positive the Minowa win was a farce
Thanks for the compliment, not sure why you dislike Shibata so much, but after his failed MMA career I'm real happy that he came such an international phenomenom in pro-wrestling!
Sakuraba really helped him out after beating him in MMA (surprinsigly solid fight from what I remember)

Sadly Shibata got injured pretty bad after a clumsy headbutt, but he's made a comeback I believe
Shibata Headbutt GIF - Shibata Headbutt Groggy GIFs

Just curious, why do you think the Minowaman fight was a farce?

OH SHIT CLAY GUIDA VS JOAQUIM SILVA IS STARTING MMMCMEZ

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment, not sure why you dislike Shibata so much, but after his failed MMA career I'm real happy that he came such an international phenomenom in pro-wrestling!
Sakuraba really helped him out after beating him in MMA (surprinsigly solid fight from what I remember)

Sadly Shibata got injured pretty bad after a clumsy headbutt, but he's made a comeback I believe

Just curious, why do you think the Minowaman fight was a farce?

OH SHIT CLAY GUIDA VS JOAQUIM SILVA IS STARTING MMMCMEZ
Bro I'm still salty over that Minowa fight. I went through a Minowman craze back in the day and was watching all of his fights that I could. Still somewhat of a Minowa mark but it's hard to get newer info on what he's doing these days. Anyway, the one moment of the fight that I remember thinking 'yeah this is a work' is when Shibata hit a German suplex on Minowa. Looked way too clean, looked like Minowa let him do it. And I also had seen some of Shibata's fights before that, he never seemed capable of a move like that in a legit fight, especially not against a vet like Minowa. I also remember Rickson handing him some flowers before one of his fights (guess it was against Ralek?) and he tossed them away as a sign of disrespect. All in all I never had a good opinion of him as far as MMA goes

Bro I'm still salty over that Minowa fight. I went through a Minowman craze back in the day and was watching all of his fights that I could. Still somewhat of a Minowa mark but it's hard to get newer info on what he's doing these days. Anyway, the one moment of the fight that I remember thinking 'yeah this is a work' is when Shibata hit a German suplex on Minowa. Looked way too clean, looked like Minowa let him do it. And I also had seen some of Shibata's fights before that, he never seemed capable of a move like that in a legit fight, especially not against a vet like Minowa. I also remember Rickson handing him some flowers before one of his fights (guess it was against Ralek?) and he tossed them away as a sign of disrespect. All in all I never had a good opinion of him as far as MMA goes

The Rickson flowers were for the Shibata-Sakuraba fight... and yeah, it was kinda weird, I guess it's the kind of stuff that you can't fully understand if you're not Japanese?
Katsuyori The Mad Dog Wrestler Shibata

But yeah The Mad Dog Pro-Wrestler started off as a hell (after the Sexyama fight was official, Shibata joker that the Japanese match-makers must reaaally like seeing him lose <{outtahere}> ), and if Saku beat him, it was small arc in which the IQ WRESTLER would then take on Shibata's sensei, Funaki.

I'm just happy for Shibata, that's it.

oplTeam hammer house never had a real gym, just a front porch/garage.
Dang it, Phil Baroni did so much damage with that old interview <45>
Much like early Team Quest, Hammer House had a legit gym, it was just kinda rough

Baroni never trained with the Hammer House guys in Ohio, apparently NYBA was always by himself at PRIDE/UFC events, and Mark and the others decided to become friends with the poor Phil who was a loner, but they never really trained together.

Since in PRIDE, big fight teams had much more power when it comes to negociations, so NYBA no being by himself meant that he'd get much better offers, money and interesting fights

Buuut Phil was full of shit when he claimed that Hammer House was just a

Dang it, Phil Baroni did so much damage with that old interview <45>
Much like early Team Quest, Hammer House had a legit gym, it was just kinda rough

Baroni never trained with the Hammer House guys in Ohio, apparently NYBA was always by himself at PRIDE/UFC events, and Mark and the others decided to become friends with the poor Phil who was a loner, but they never really trained together.

Since in PRIDE, big fight teams had much more power when it comes to negociations, so NYBA no being by himself meant that he'd get much better offers, money and interesting fights

Buuut Phil was full of shit when he claimed that Hammer House was just a
i heard from marc coleman that they never had a gym

i heard from marc coleman that they never had a gym
I heard directly from Wes Sims that they did have a small gym , after Baroni told everyone that it was just "a heavybag on Coleman's porch"
But I must admit my defeat, since the Godfather of GnP outranks Wes "The Project/A Whole Show" Sims in the sacred Hammer House hierarchy <WhitmanDefeat>

(You know what, lemme look for that specific conversation, I'll copy-paste it here as soon as I find it... gimme till the end of the day! )

What's annoying is that Wes Sims completely erased his instagram account, which was filed with historical Hammer House pictures, and now it's just a blank wall
Time to save everything on his twitter account before he goes full panic mode on it too
HammerHouse.jpg

According to Don Frye, Gilber Yvel has the biggest penis of any fighter. (Frye told a story of how there was a busload of fighters on a bus going to an event and they were bored so they started "sizing each other up" and Frye said that Yvel put everyone to shame.)
You sure it wasn't Gary Goodridge who told that story? IIRC, according to Gary, Gilbert Yvel and Kevin Randleman were tied for the biggest dick, and Bas Boon (the founder of Golden Glory) had by far the biggest balls.

I heard directly from Wes Sims that they did have a small gym , after Baroni told everyone that it was just "a heavybag on Coleman's porch"
But I must admit my defeat, since the Godfather of GnP outranks Wes "The Project/A Whole Show" Sims in the sacred Hammer House hierarchy <WhitmanDefeat>

(You know what, lemme look for that specific conversation, I'll copy-paste it here as soon as I find it... gimme till the end of the day! )

What's annoying is that Wes Sims completely erased his instagram account, which was filed with historical Hammer House pictures, and now it's just a blank wall
Time to save everything on his twitter account before he goes full panic mode on it too
View attachment 1014531
Why would he delete all that? Also, I always forget how tall he is.

You sure it wasn't Gary Goodridge who told that story? IIRC, according to Gary, Gilbert Yvel and Kevin Randleman were tied for the biggest dick, and Bas Boon (the founder of Golden Glory) had by far the biggest balls.
You might be right -- I thought it was Frye. Or maybe it was two separate events.

BTW, I met Gary Goodridge and Tra Telligman together at a bar in Tokyo. Spoke with them for a while and they were really cool. Told Gary that him fighting Rampage would be really cool, and he just said "yeah". They asked where to go to meet girls.

I also met some of the Gracie fight team the night before one of the Gracies was going to fight a Japanese fighter -- I think it was Gomi -- and they asked about Gomi. I just said he was really good, underrated on his feet (everyone thought he was a grappler) and very popular.

A workaround for the pics is to actually download it first, and then use the "attach files" function for the post. (By the way, while replying I can see the Ronda pic, but not otherwise.)
Yeah when I went to edit the post, the picture came up so I just left it. wtf is up with that crap?

Back