you define the fickle nature of fans...1 fight is 1 fight...he was not tested at all,,,he landed a nice few kicks and it was over...

Wiedman is a good wrestler like Phil Davis.

I could see Machida running around avoiding takedowns and end up losing a split decision to Weidman.

Similar to Davis ... so you're saying Weidman via Judges can't judge?

It's the same Machida he didn't get any smaller... he just cut weight to make 185. That only drained him if anything. He's fighting guys closer to his own size, that's it.

Lyoto vs victor,make it happen Dana!

I've been saying it for years now. This was always his home. It's going to be extremely difficult for Chris to stop him. Not saying he can't do it, but it's his most difficult match up in the division. Besides Weidman, I honestly don't than anyone has a chance.

It's the same Machida he didn't get any smaller... he just cut weight to make 185. That only drained him if anything. He's fighting guys closer to his own size, that's it.

He carried fat at 205 making him less agile

Physics 101, if you can use X amount of force to move 50lbs at 100MPH, using the same force (X) 45 lbs will move faster than 100 MPH.

Real world example, you are a fatty, lose some weight and you will walk up the stairs faster

Physics 101, if you can use X amount of force to move 50lbs at 100MPH, using the same force (X) 45 lbs will move faster than 100 MPH.

Real world example, you are a fatty, lose some weight and you will walk up the stairs faster

5124699989_a414738d44.jpg

Expected intelligent response, saw lack of BS or higher - settled for family guy photo.

Genius-new.gif

Dieting to keep his weight on check may end up making him faster (with a small loss of strength). At LHW he couldn't afford any strength loss as he was already very undersized. At MW a small strength loss for a bigger boost in other areas is more than acceptable. Lyoto was literaly fighting at LHW being the same weight in the Octagon as Hendricks is fighting at WW.

He lost a noticeable amount of fat from what I can tell. His abs and face are much leaner.

The 185 division is now officially very different. I personally thought Machida was a top 3 LHW despite some questionable decisions at 205 over the past few years. I think Machida is top 3 or 4 at 185 (depending on where Belfort decides to compete) perhaps even #1 given his ability to create problems for elite wrestlers.

Weidman
Belfort (185 or 205?)
Machida
A Silva

In my mind, Machida has only lost to Jon Jones and Shogun (both times IMO). He beat Phil Davis and Rampage despite what the judge's score cards said.

Back