A Level Athlete and Natural Aptitude...

Fedor5723

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
In the context of athletic abilities:

- "A Level Athleticism" represents the highest level of physical performance, with individuals showcasing elite strength, top-tier movement speed, and exceptional agility. These athletes excel in power, speed, and agility, making them formidable competitors in various sports and physical activities.

- "Natural Aptitude" denotes a unique set of inherent talents in a different category. Those with natural aptitude possess elite power, lightning-fast hand speed, an exceptional ability to take a punch (elite chin), and lightning-quick reflexes. This combination of attributes makes them well-suited for combat sports or activities requiring quick and precise reactions.

Francis Ngannou might have both.

But not every A Level Athlete has an Aptitude for fighting.

Also Aptitude for fighting is harder to improve than Athleticism imho.

but does he have A Level Aptitude

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.rsquare.w400.jpg

In the context of athletic abilities:

- "A Level Athleticism" represents the highest level of physical performance, with individuals showcasing elite strength, top-tier movement speed, and exceptional agility. These athletes excel in power, speed, and agility, making them formidable competitors in various sports and physical activities.

- "Natural Aptitude" denotes a unique set of inherent talents in a different category. Those with natural aptitude possess elite power, lightning-fast hand speed, an exceptional ability to take a punch (elite chin), and lightning-quick reflexes. This combination of attributes makes them well-suited for combat sports or activities requiring quick and precise reactions.

Francis Ngannou might have both.

But not every A Level Athlete has an Aptitude for fighting.

Also Aptitude for fighting is harder to improve than Athleticism imho.

I've made this differentiation a lot and haven't heard many also make it. Athletic ability being speed, strength, reflexes, power generation, balance, agility, dexterity, the ability to explode and cardio vascular capabilities (many different kinds of athleticism really) is different from the ability to learn quickly and broadly. I've known a lot of not so athletic people that just retain things super quickly and are able to apply them technically very well and I've know D1 wrestlers and football players, NBA basketball players etc who've trained in a combat sport or MMA gym for multiple years and were not the quickest learners. Some guys are both to some extent, for sure.

Look at Yoel, dude did not really improve technically or build his skillset much at all during the entire duration of his combat sports career. Super athletic in many regards (certainly not the cardio though) but he didn't have learning capabilities. To be frank, very few fighters can reinvent themselves, fill exposed holes in their games or add new dimensions, it's why when idiot fans say "he's young he has tons of time"...never mind risk of loss/derailment and injury, the rate at which fighters learn, the period when/if they get exposed and the time and ability they have to do something about it is super fucking limited and takes quite a lot of time in most cases.

Tbh Frank has that look in his eye and thats the single biggest deciding factor

Eh... Both are just forms of athleticism. A-level is just a meme.

I've made this differentiation a lot and haven't heard many also make it. Athletic ability being speed, strength, reflexes, power generation, balance, agility, dexterity, the ability to explode and cardio vascular capabilities (many different kinds of athleticism really) is different from the ability to learn quickly and broadly. I've known a lot of not so athletic people that just retain things super quickly and are able to apply them technically very well and I've know D1 wrestlers and football players, NBA basketball players etc who've trained in a combat sport or MMA gym for multiple years and were not the quickest learners. Some guys are both to some extent, for sure.

Look at Yoel, dude did not really improve technically or build his skillset much at all during the entire duration of his combat sports career. Super athletic in many regards (certainly not the cardio though) but he didn't have learning capabilities. To be frank, very few fighters can reinvent themselves, fill exposed holes in their games or add new dimensions, it's why when idiot fans say "he's young he has tons of time"...never mind risk of loss/derailment and injury, the rate at which fighters learn, the period when/if they get exposed and the time and ability they have to do something about it is super fucking limited and takes quite a lot of time in most cases.

It's the difference between your stereotypical just a jacked *insert color* boy A-level athlete and your athlete that will be champ after 2 weeks of studying old Pride DVDs and playing UFC 5 on the hardest setting.

It's not the aptitude; it's the attitude.

Yes, but where was gumption fall in this #Equation ?

In additional, does our #BigBlackCombatant possess enough of it to surpass the heights of Fedor, Rocky Marciano, and Frank Dux?

I was been feel maybe.

Last edited:
Back