2018 PotWR Round 5: The General Election

Sherdog PotWR Round 5: General Election Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
<36>

Get the fuck out of here, you can't say that with a straight face when Palis and Heretic are your biggest supporters (at the end). You even made a post a couple of days ago about how the election "changed" you.
Yeah he's a bit of a cocksucker like that. But his base of Trumpian idiots really likes that about him.

<36>

Get the fuck out of here, you can't say that with a straight face when Palis and Heretic are your biggest supporters (at the end). You even made a post a couple of days ago about how the election "changed" you.

What does it matter who his supporters are? @Cubo de Sangre from what most can tell, is about as close to a centrist as you'll get around these parts. Are you suggesting that rabid lefties @luckyshot and @Fawlty were the better choice in that regard? Those two are unapologetic in their ultra partisan Liberalism. Were you expecting the righties around here to vote for that, or someone who was less so?

Props to Hunter for trying to change his posting style by copying Clippy's schtick

<36>

Good God. This cut deep for you

What does it matter who his supporters are? @Cubo de Sangre from what most can tell, is about as close to a centrist as you'll get around these parts. Are you suggesting that rabid lefties @luckyshot and @Fawlty were the better choice in that regard? Those two are unapologetic in their ultra partisan Liberalism. Were you expecting the righties around here to vote for that, or someone who was less so?
You calling them rabid lefties is exactly what I mean. It's not that you are his supporters, it's that y'all spoke for him in the final stage.

You calling them rabid lefties is exactly what I mean. It's not that you are his supporters, it's that y'all spoke for him in the final stage.

This whole "his supporters" shit completely backfired earlier in the thread. The fact you are still yelling it just shows you are not mentally stable at the moment

Deep breaths, maybe walk the dog. Maybe watch a lil Netflix. Or go grab a burger or bucket of chicken

They are rabid lefties. We did not speak for Cubo. We endorsed him.

You're just bitter that the good guys won, and our support wasn't seen as poisonous as you arrogantly assumed.

That doesn't make sense. Of course Cubo had to be a great representative, but that doesn't change that he also represented a change from the Homer's Homies shit show, and the fact that he was running in direct conflict to that horrible regime, with Homer's VP being the other candidate.
What doesn't make sense? You said "this has been a referendum on Homers Homies". So you're saying that this election isn't about the candidates running, but about a previously banned poster and those who are seen to be part of his "crew". How else am I supposed to read those words?

I mean, HereticBD's cringes aside, it definitely wasn't. Homer had/has plenty of haters. And @Cubo de Sangre is a try-hard weirdo who had his wife come on to the forum to post gross lies for show because he cared way too much about an internet election. And he's repeatedly refused to own up to it (he will not quote this post, I'm sure). But I don't think there were many votes that were against Homer: they were for Cubo. Cubo's win is completely owed to the fact that he put in the work and got votes locked down miles ahead of the curve - and furthermore because he resisted the (very tempting, I imagine) urge to recoil from particularly pathetic and unpleasant supporters, as we are seeing presently. And, frankly, no matter how low he or lucky stooped, the reach of the day-to-day posts in these threads is probably about 30 voters, 28 of whom are not going to be moved.
I'll agree that most votes in this election were not to be moved in the first place but to the bold and underlined I completely disagree. I mean how many allusions to "your crew", "your tribe" etc. have you seen in this melee? @luckyshot is a level-headed poster and he was unfairly associated with other posters (yourself included) who have pissed people off and lucky lost the popularity contest, this has nothing to do with quality of ideas.

I don't think any poster on this forum would have beaten Cubo. Posters like Gandhi, panamaican, and Lead might have come a hair closer, but none would be favored.
Potential outcomes aside, you seriously think an election between @panamaican (just to pick one for example) and Cubo would have followed the same lines? You can't possibly believe that.

They are rabid lefties. We did not speak for Cubo. We endorsed him.

You're just bitter that the good guys won, and our support wasn't seen as poisonous as you arrogantly assumed.
The "good guys" . Yup, not partisan at all. Cubo sure ended the tug-o-war he told me about alright.

Man, it's colder than a witch's tit and it's only early December, "Low minus 10. Wind chill minus 12 in the evening and minus 18 overnight."
h31518212

We have three dog nights at my house when it hits low 60's.

Nope, still lost.
That gives: I'd just heard it was naughty and it was you. Was not disappointed. :). ?

"I'd just heard it was naughty and it was. Was not disappointed."

Sorry the confusion. Failing to proofread bites me in the ass every time.

Those weren't my biggest supporters. That's just your limited perspective. Additionally, you have no idea the efforts I went to court the folks who ended up working the hardest against me. And in spite of that rejection I've never once shifted my platform or made any promises to reward the support from the right. Sorry you can't see that. You also seem to want to frame my campaign as something it wasn't. Here's my announcement.

DUJkrhF.gif

Fellow denizens,

Instead of something more traditional, such as sermon or prayer, please allow this bit of history to provide the reflection and spiritual guidance guidance our humanity so craves in these hard times of decision-making and change.

Taking inspiration from the pioneers of history, it’s time we turn our attention to the matter currently at stake. A battle looms. A battle over control of a sticky-thread. Some will tell you it’s just another sticky-thread. There to quickly scroll past on the way to our steady diets of scathing opinions and brutal facts. Some will tell you it's a partisan quest for power. For narrative. For superiority of ideology. For bragging rights. Thus far it has been. And it's something I hope to change.

47FmDtN.gif

Please hear me out on the following three topics:
  • Something our community lacks and how to add it.
  • Investment in our community.
  • Motives.

WHAT’S LACKING?

Not community. We love it here. Outsiders call it a bad habit. I call it a higher pursuit. And like any living organism, we’re not perfect. We ebb. We flow. We hurt and feel. We’re men and women of courage though. Made of something a cut above. We challenge each other on topics not easily understood and digested. We do so with fact and fiction. All in an attempt to one-up the other. And in the War Room that’s the name of the game. It’s the allure and will of the Just Bleed God.

While our battles here aren't physical, we batter each other mentally. We use whatever dirty moves we can to rustle our foes, hoping they break. We target opinions to snuff out, akin to territorial pissing. And we love it. But there’s rumblings of wanting more. I’ve shared in those rumblings. The rumblings that criticize the lack of respectful and productive conversation. The lack of simple tact, let alone statesmanship. This campaign is here to propose a place of cleansing. A more formal gathering where We the Pigs People of the War Room have occasion to wash off that sweet, sweet muck and glorious slop in which we root and revel.

CAMPAIGN PLATFORM

• 20 thread topics running 2 weeks each in the sticky section. There's approximately 43 weeks during the term. The extra three weeks will be easy to fill and we use them for a thread that goes long. Consider those weeks open-ended.
  • Civil and respectful discourse only. These 20 threads will be to put our best foot forward.
  • On-topic posts only. If the thread-starter decides something is off-topic, then it is.
  • Threads hosted by community members, as much as possible. As President the intent is to never start a thread myself. Of course, I'll fill in any participation gaps.
  • When the primaries begin, polls will be held via an upcoming Cubo de Sangre Town Hall Meeting thread to determine the most popular ideas for thread types. The specifics of thread content and thread starters will be based on the results.

eauK2Xl.gif

POTENTIAL STICKY-THREAD CONTENT

• One-on-one debate
  • Expert ask-me-anything
  • Hot-button issue that never fucking goes away and for once we'd like to see discussed civilly
  • Common misconceptions by those lacking professional knowledge
  • State of the War Room (observations on our fellow posters)
  • A current event too hot to handle by normal standards
  • Feel-good current events
  • An OP composed jointly by posters with opposing viewpoints
  • Change my mind
  • Your best hookers and blow stories (or some reasonable facsimile)

5WEgo7m.gif

HOW CAN WE INVEST IN OUR COMMUNITY?

By contributing. Not just sharing what you'd like to see, or by becoming a thread-starter, but also by participating from thread to thread. This will both help the topics evolve and strengthen the discourse. More importantly, we'll create different interactions due to the environment, which might then bleed over elsewhere in the forum. Maybe we gain newfound respect for others we'd previously written off. One thing is for certain, without traffic we've got nothing. In that sense we all need each other.

LmscM2v.gif

WHY AM I SEEKING YOUR VOTE?

The simple answer is my desire to see the plan outlined above implemented. But that wouldn't tell the whole story of why I'm willing to suffer the harsh criticisms that are sure to come. Why I'm risking that kick in the ego of losing a popularity contest. So beyond the benefits we'll all share in, of course there are things more personal. Yes, validation from one's peers is precious and something I'd cherish. But know I'd never throw it in anyone's face. Perhaps what's most important is a need for creativity. A need to take on a project of interest. The hope of finding an appreciative audience and delivering the goods.

hLfxaIK.gif

So on humble knee, I honorably request my fellow War Room citizens to please consider me for our Presidency. In an effort to champion non-partisan, and open-minded representation, I announce my candidacy to we the voters. My friends. My antagonists. My family by choice.

I'm also pleased to announce @Gutter Chris will be running on the ticket as Vice President.

Au revoir, Scum.

x7GJALb.gif

ELRcKnf.gif

DUJkrhF.gif

Props to Hunter for trying to change his posting style by copying Clippy's schtick
Not trying to change posting style, except ITT. Having fun in this thread that isn't about serious topics like how the leader of the free world is a POS.
I'm just stretching my brain case a little. Normal programming will resume at the close of this thread.

Not trying to change posting style, except ITT. Having fun in this thread that isn't about serious topics like how the leader of the free world is a POS.
I'm just stretching my brain case a little. Normal programming will resume at the close of this thread.
That said, I may have gone a bit overboard. Apologies.

Well, it's good night from me.
images

And it's good night from him.

We have three dog nights at my house when it hits low 60's.

"I'd just heard it was naughty and it was. Was not disappointed."

Sorry the confusion. Failing to proofread bites me in the ass every time.

Those weren't my biggest supporters. That's just your limited perspective. Additionally, you have no idea the efforts I went to court the folks who ended up working the hardest against me. And in spite of that rejection I've never once shifted my platform or made any promises to reward the support from the right. Sorry you can't see that. You also seem to want to frame my campaign as something it wasn't. Here's my announcement.
Who were your biggest supporters in the end? Don't pretend like I just rejected you outright, and certainly don't pretend like it was because I was biased. We didn't vote for you because we didn't know if we could trust you, and you proved us right to question that. You didn't have to shift your platform, you let the shit posters make some #metoo allegations about lucky's supporters and throw a bunch of names around in an effort to take down the "lunatic leftists" while you sat back and said "What am I going to do, insult my supporters?". You cared more about winning than you did staying true to the platform you ran on of bipartisanship.

Your hollow platitudes would have been great if you meant any of it.

Who were your biggest supporters in the end? Don't pretend like I just rejected you outright, and certainly don't pretend like it was because I was biased. We didn't vote for you because we didn't know if we could trust you, and you proved us right to question that. You didn't have to shift your platform, you let the shit posters make some #metoo allegations about lucky's supporters and throw a bunch of names around in an effort to take down the "lunatic leftists" while you sat back and said "What am I going to do, insult my supporters?". You cared more about winning than you did staying true to the platform you ran on of bipartisanship.

I'm legit worried

You cared more about winning than you did staying true to the platform you ran on of bipartisanship.

I stayed true to my platform. You seem to have some misconception in your head that you refuse to let go of. I'm gonna run non-partisan sticky-threads. I'm non-partisan. That's the platform. I never said I was taking a stand against partisan bickering throughout the WR. In fact, I just directed you to my announcement speech that says that's part of the culture we're all here to enjoy.

Did you even read it? If not, you're wasting my time and I'm over your negativity. Your questions have been answered. If you don't like the answers that's something I'm willing to accept.

We love it here. Outsiders call it a bad habit. I call it a higher pursuit. And like any living organism, we’re not perfect. We ebb. We flow. We hurt and feel. We’re men and women of courage though. Made of something a cut above. We challenge each other on topics not easily understood and digested. We do so with fact and fiction. All in an attempt to one-up the other. And in the War Room that’s the name of the game. It’s the allure and will of the Just Bleed God.

While our battles here aren't physical, we batter each other mentally. We use whatever dirty moves we can to rustle our foes, hoping they break. We target opinions to snuff out, akin to territorial pissing. And we love it. But there’s rumblings of wanting more. I’ve shared in those rumblings. The rumblings that criticize the lack of respectful and productive conversation. The lack of simple tact, let alone statesmanship. This campaign is here to propose a place of cleansing. A more formal gathering where We the Pigs People of the War Room have occasion to wash off that sweet, sweet muck and glorious slop in which we root and revel.

Have a good one.

Whoa, this is really dishonest on your part.

He didn't "sit back" and let his supporters do the work. He actively peddled the lies and bullshit himself, and even had his unscrupulous wife log on and do the same. Dude responded to good faith debate and casual fun by telling everyone that people on the other side were date rapists.

Whoa, this is really dishonest on your part.

He didn't "sit back" and let his supporters do the work. He actively peddled the lies and bullshit himself, and even had his unscrupulous wife log on and do the same.
I'm trying to give him as much of the benefit of the doubt as possible. What did he say exactly? It sounds at this point like he's fine with all the bullshit and his only position was to leave the sticky thread topics up to a vote.

I'm trying to give him as much of the benefit of the doubt as possible. What did he say exactly? It sounds at this point like he's fine with all the bullshit and his only position was to leave the sticky thread topics up to a vote.

I said that on two occasions I'd come in contact with drink-spiking. In the first, I was at a frat party in college and my gf said a guy came up to her and dropped something in her cup. She dumped her cup and we left. The second time I saw a guy more surreptitiously spike a girls drink that was on the bar post-order and I confronted him and he was thrown out. In reference to the first one, he made (untagged, of course) posts saying I saw girls getting drugged to be raped and did nothing about it, and then wifey went on a "drugging girls and raping them isn't okay guys, mmmkay??" soapbox.

And he's now repeatedly refused to rescind, apologize for, or even present the supposed justification (some, any post by me attacking him in a similar fashion) for that kind of garbage. Dude is trash. I'm being a stickler about it, but it needs to be pointed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back