2018 PotWR Round 2: The Debate/ Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
If posters constantly derailing threads and trolling was less rampant, the forum would be better and more productive for discussion of policy.

Hence the Cubo/Chris platform. I can't clean up the whole forum, nor is there a need to. But if it's the will of the voters, I can offer cleaned up sticky-thread discussions on the topics people most want to see. What's not to like about that?

Hence the Cubo/Chris platform. I can't clean up the whole forum, nor is there a need to. But if it's the will of the voters, I can offer cleaned up sticky-thread discussions on the topics people most want to see. What's not to like about that?
That is my platform too.

Crazy it's not mentioned in your response to the sticky-thread question on page 1 here. Oversight or late addition?
oh never mind. I said to make a wall of shame sticky of all the posters who got banned. I was pretty drunk when I came up with my platform.

I don't think that's a viable solution unless you want subjects to be so particularized that they push new threads to the second page - and in that case a lot of discussions on current events would still get bogged down with the usual deflections and whataboutism.

Homer braved the opprobrium of dozens of reprobates and ultimately sacrificed his account in order to make the WR a better place. You might not agree with him, but the very last thing he was was yellow.
New word for me! Thanks.

I don't think that's a viable solution unless you want subjects to be so particularized that they push new threads to the second page - and in that case a lot of discussions on current events would still get bogged down with the usual deflections and whataboutism.

You lost me.

CLIPPY NEWS NETWORK BREAKING NEWS!! (not to be confused with CNN)

Penguins are uniting in droves to get away from @Cubo de Sangre s awfulness. Come join the march and help save the poor abused penguins

Take a stand! Do it now!!

View media item 29857

Memento, Shawshank Redemption, Dark Knight, Salton Sea & Inception all worth a watch

Jack's top 10 is actually excellent

Anyone who was momento on the list knows whats up

And here I thought you were the kinda guy that paid attention.

By all means, please bring something to the office of President. But can you do it without misrepresenting my position?

What position ?

Oh yeah page 1.....

Anyone who was momento on the list knows whats up

"Crash is one of the single greatest and most wide-reaching feats in the history of film. It profoundly and irreversibly changed my view and understanding of race in contemporary society."
@Jack V Savage

The only thing at stake is the content of the sticky-thread, and the tone we're looking to project as a group..
If Cubo gets his way...

YZLSTl.gif

Last edited:
Personally, I can attest to having been told by a moderator, in receiving one of my many infractions (not this one or any by Mick, of course), that multiple posters had reported my post (which was saying that I cared more about refugees than someone who said he didn't care if they all perished) and that two specific posters had PM'd non-War Room moderators to complain, i.e. "snitch."

Obviously, that wasn't Homer or another left-winger dissatisfied with my curtness.

Either I'm not completely in the loop of all that happened here or you may have the details blurred on this. From what I can see, I think you are referencing this:
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/133796497/

I didn't tell you two specific posters sent pms. I said two posters had already quoted your post which makes the situation more problematic. Sometimes, if I see a bad post right when it's made, I'll delete it, send a warning pm and document it in case it's done again as that would require a consideration how many infractions to give. I didn't say anyone sent pm's about that but was only referencing Wally and Heretic's quoting of the post.

What's also interesting about that instance is Wally was on a tirade because he got infractions for encouraging violence with a post in that thread so he then was looking for anyone else to try to get infractions while also was trying to start shit with me in that thread and via pm. He was a real pain on here but was nice enough to admit to me he was trolling the whole time before asking for his account to be deleted. He was a left wing troll which means I can't tell you if he truly was a left or right minded poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess_bjj
Back