2018 PotWR Round 2: The Debate/ Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gooooood one :)
No, I mean really, very funny.
Come get some
DNXHSlT.gif

You want him to....suckle on your breasts?

They're not, though. These people tend to be the ones to also support knee jerk "tough on crime" initiatives, advocate for violations of due process and expeditious punishment of persons accused of certain crimes, and lament about the anti-snitching "thug culture" of urban black people.

It's so stupid. And, for the record, I can admit that I was previously and for a long time someone who cringed at the prospect of reporting or comments that someone had used the report function - not because I thought it was underhanded or wimpy, but because I didn't understand taking the forum that seriously.

Make the reports public. If a guy is reporting things and being a bitch, it's transparent and he gets called out. If not, then we know it's all justified

I think I've reported two posts ever and both times the poster got insta banned as it was a clear core violation of rules

Make the reports public. If a guy is reporting things and being a bitch, it's transparent and he gets called out. If not, then we know it's all justified

I think I've reported two posts ever and both times the poster got insta banned as it was a clear core violation of rules
That opens one up to being bullied for reporting for legitimate reasons and should not be a can of worms you want to open around here.

It didn't involve his daughter. Stop trying to justify it

Be happy the people you insult have thicker skin than the former president. If those you continually insult operated like our former leader you would likely have a hard ban

Don't get it twisted, this is coming from a guy who's defended you on more than one occasion

Sooo....you're punting on the very obvious differences and the irrelevance of extra-forum conduct?

Also, no, I would not - and they do operate just like him, which is why I've received so many infractions. That you have not/do not report me is reflective of your resilience, the fact that you are very amorous toward me, and the fact that I like you enough that I generally just call you stupid, rather than a "fucking moron/idiot," which is the phrase that is responsible for most of my cards.

I actually called for this a long time ago. Making reports public (maybe after moderator approval, so that particularly sensitive ones aren't) and sent to some archive thread would be helpful. Also, encouraging reporting for derailing would get a nod from me. My only reports I can think of were Bloodworth for a racial slur about Mexicans (he got a card) and Tropodon for purposeful derailing (no punishment; was just seeking my thread be cleaned up). But I've received racial insults that I like to think would have resulted in cards had I reported them.

Sooo....you're punting on the very obvious differences and the irrelevance of extra-forum conduct?

Also, no, I would not - and they do operate just like him, which is why I've received so many infractions. That you have not/do not report me is reflective of your resilience, the fact that you are very amorous toward me, and the fact that I like you enough that I generally just call you stupid, rather than a "fucking moron/idiot," which is the phrase that is responsible for most of my cards.

I actually called for this a long time ago. Making reports public (maybe after moderator approval, so that particularly sensitive ones aren't) and sent to some archive thread would be helpful. Also, encouraging reporting for derailing would get a nod from me. My only reports I can think of were Bloodworth for a racial slur about Mexicans (he got a card) and Tropodon for purposeful derailing (no punishment; was just seeking my thread be cleaned up). But I've received racial insults that I like to think would have resulted in cards had I reported them.
Nope, don't like it. As I said,
That opens one up to being bullied for reporting for legitimate reasons and should not be a can of worms you want to open around here.
There seems to be no reason the mods would not approve if the reason for the report was a clear violation of forum rules, but that doesn't prevent the concern I describe.

Why? You must have seen Infinity War by now.

I haven't. The only Marvel movies I like have been the Guardians of the Galaxy films, so I was disappointed that Thanos's character was progressed outside of their universe,where he appeared in Vol. 1, as I have no interest in watching all those Avengers films.

Also, it's crazy to me how little CGI has improved in terms of integration into natural backdrops. That looks so fake to me.

Why? You must have seen Infinity War by now.

Fuck

I stopped watching when Thanos was approaching Scarlet Witch and Vision was trying to convince her to kill him :(

I was going to finish the movie soon but I been so busy

I haven't. The only Marvel movies I like have been the Guardians of the Galaxy films, so I was disappointed that Thanos's character was progressed outside of their universe,where he appeared in Vol. 1, as I have no interest in watching all those Avengers films.

Also, it's crazy to me how little CGI has improved in terms of integration into natural backdrops. That looks so fake to me.

To be fair, if you're judging the quality of the CGI from a small avatar, it won't look great. It looked much better on the big screen.

Sorry Trots. I have never NEVER seen posters go at you the way Homer did. And if you have anything to substantiate they behaving in his manner I suggest you post it

Again. You are lucky there is no Homer on that other side of the spectrum. There may be assholes but I doubt dudes are running to Crave calling for you to be banned

Also, we only knew of him going to Crave because he admitted to it. We can speculate if he had done it previously.

@Lead

I didn’t see my name on the registered voters list but I believe I was before. Can I be added if I’m not already?

Thanks

Fuck

I stopped watching when Thanos was approaching Scarlet Witch and Vision was trying to convince her to kill him :(

I was going to finish the movie soon but I been so busy

If you can't find the time to finish watching Infinity War, how can we entrust you with running the War Room? The ability to efficiently complete important tasks to schedule is a huge part of being President.

Indeed, I would argue that by admitting you have never finished Infinity War, you have effectively disqualified yourself from being a candidate.

Guardians were my favorite films before the last Avengers. But imo Avengers infinity war was just epic

"Snitching" about stuff that isn't actually violating any rules is pretty fucked up.
I've used the report button for stuff like double threads/ repeat topics.
Reported- Reason: Thread with topic already exists

Or if someone spams 10 meme posts in a row in the middle of a thread (used to be more common).
Reported- Reason: Should be in meme thread

Basically, I use the report button like picking up litter.

I've never used it to try to harass someone (or try to get mods on someone's case).

Last edited:
If you can't find the time to finish watching Infinity War, how can we entrust you with running the War Room? The ability to efficiently complete important tasks to schedule is a huge part of being President.

Indeed, I would argue that by admitting you have never finished Infinity War, you have effectively disqualified yourself from being a candidate.

I just watched some more and am excited the heroes won when Thor hit him with that axe

I'll try to finish up later

gotta admit it's an awesome but long movie - love the triumphant and happy ending and glad to see Thor's story arc was meaningful

I've used the report button for stuff like double threads/ repeat topics.
Reported- Reason: Thread with topic already exists

Or if someone spams 10 meme posts in a row in the middle of a thread (used to be more common).
Reported- Reason: Should be in meme thread

Basically, I use the report button like picking up litter.

I've never used it to try to harass someone (or get mods on someone's case).

Same here. Double threads, and cases of blatant antisemitism/holocaust denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back