2018 PotWR Round 2: The Debate/ Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol you really think emailing a company over some petty forum shit is brave?!

I think doing something that is very unpopular in a particular community is brave, yeah. And in this case, he did it for the good of that community, and ended up getting banned for it despite not breaking any rules. As I said, you don't have to agree with his actions to recognize that they were courageous.

Did we not learn anything from the last year? The presidency and all its power is to only be entrusted with those virtuous and secure enough to handle such power.

I am calling on ALL candidates to call for a release of reporting history. Any candidate not willing to be transparent does not deserve WR support
Meh, I might have reported someone 6 years ago or so for stinking up my own thread. One learns, one grows. @Lead can post my history if he wants to, DGAF. Can we call on you to use your brain more when posting?

The only thing at stake is the content of the sticky-thread, and the tone we're looking to project as a group. The office has no influence over moderation.
Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't tap the glass homie.

i need 2 guns, 1 for the 6 times i miss and the 2nd for the time i hit half the time

lol you really think emailing a company over some petty forum shit is brave?!

I think that's apart from his reporting in the War Room. His email was because of personal attacks in another forum.

I think that @Jack V Savage is right about his use of the report function and that Homer's usage of it (I don't know the extent of it, but I can imagine) was hardly cowardly: he was knowingly making himself a nuisance, rolling the dice that he would piss off mods, and risking being labeled a "snitch" by nefarious actors who wanted lax enforcement so they could be shitty, but he wanted to enforce the forum's rules and keep discussion productive. If posters constantly derailing threads and trolling was less rampant, the forum would be better and more productive for discussion of policy.

Petted a penguin today, love those little guys - what kind of monster wouldn't?

@Cubo de Sangre has gone on record multiple times expressing his disdain for these wonderful creatures

Say no to Penguin abuse

full
You kids and your euphemisms. You're calling it a penguin now? Gross.

@Clippy 2019 is the best because he is a true sherdoggie. he understands we are all here for fun and to enjoy robot battles. ;)

OK Sherbros and Sherbras
HYUUUUGE policy question brought up by earlier complaints about the report button:

Doesn't one have the right and responsibility to maintain order in one's own thread? If I start a thread and some troll is shitting it up, wouldn't you want that addressed in order to better participate in the discussion.

Let's hear it for using it properly, and not throwing out the baby with the bath water. You don't throw away a tool because the simpleton wielding it doesn't know what the fuck he is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back