2018 PotWR Round 2: The Debate/ Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
4ac.gif

It's not delivery it's

you!!!
<DCWhoa>

OK Sherbros and Sherbras
HYUUUUGE policy question brought up by earlier complaints about the report button:

Doesn't one have the right and responsibility to maintain order in one's own thread? If I start a thread and some troll is shitting it up, wouldn't you want that addressed in order to better participate in the discussion.

Let's hear it for using it properly, and not throwing out the baby with the bath water. You don't throw away a tool because the simpleton wielding it doesn't know what the fuck he is doing.
Seems like a good use of the report button. People that have a problem with that are of the same mentality that it's wrong to turn people in for shitting on the sidewalk, because you can just walk around the pile of shit.

Meh, I might have reported someone 6 years ago or so for stinking up my own thread. One learns, one grows. @Lead can post my history if he wants to, DGAF. Can we call on you to use your brain more when posting?
REPORTED!!

Why would Homer use this Alt account to report dudes?

that robot is 1 sword away from being champ

Man he jumped on top of a building!

But instead of jumping off, he fucking catapults himself off the HIGHER elevation and lands like nothing happend

FUCK YEAH

People that have a problem with that are of the same mentality that it's wrong to turn people in for shitting on the sidewalk, because you can just walk around the pile of shit.

They're not, though. These people tend to be the ones to also support knee jerk "tough on crime" initiatives, advocate for violations of due process and expeditious punishment of persons accused of certain crimes, and lament about the anti-snitching "thug culture" of urban black people.

It's so stupid. And, for the record, I can admit that I was previously and for a long time someone who cringed at the prospect of reporting or comments that someone had used the report function - not because I thought it was underhanded or wimpy, but because I didn't understand taking the forum that seriously.

Attention, Sherbros and Sherbras

This just in, we now know what Donald Trump REALLY meant when he said "good people on both sides, both sides"! He was talking about the Hunter Simpson - @KnightTemplar ticket!
This has just been confirmed. Once again the Donald has reached out beyond time and space and seen the future and it is

Hunter Simpson, President of the War Room
images

@KnightTemplar will be a strong right to balance my lean left, so do not be afraid, numbskulls.
giphy.gif

They're not, though. These people tend to be the ones to support knee jerk "tough on crime" initiatives, advocate for violations of due process and expeditious punishment of persons accused of certain crimes, and lament about the anti-snitching "thug culture" of urban black people.

It's so stupid.
Hypocrisy is a whole different angle to it. Yeah, the WRs "don't snitch" culture is mostly just protecting their own wrongdoing, while criticizing "don't snitch" cultures that they don't identify with. A number of them also report people here, too. I was talking about the "just scroll past" excuse for polluting the joint.

Man he jumped on top of a building!

But instead of jumping off, he fucking catapults himself off the HIGHER elevation and lands like nothing happend

FUCK YEAH
if he chopped a bots head off in midair with a sword, now that would be epic

This just in, Donald Trump was talking about the Hunter Simpson - @KnightTemplar ticket when he said "good people on both sides, both sides"!
This has just been confirmed. Once again the Donald has reached out beyond time and space and seen the future and it is

images

@KnightTemplar will be a strong right to balance my lean left, so do not be afraid, numbskulls.
giphy.gif
sadly i actually liked Homer Thompson

Hypocrisy is a whole different angle to it. Yeah, the WRs "don't snitch" culture is mostly just protecting their own wrongdoing, while criticizing "don't snitch" cultures that they don't identify with. A number of them also report people here, too. I was talking about the "just scroll past" excuse for polluting the joint.

Personally, I can attest to having been told by a moderator, in receiving one of my many infractions (not this one or any by Mick, of course), that multiple posters had reported my post (which was saying that I cared more about refugees than someone who said he didn't care if they all perished) and that two specific posters had PM'd non-War Room moderators to complain, i.e. "snitch."

Obviously, that wasn't Homer or another left-winger dissatisfied with my curtness.

Personally, I can attest to having been told by a moderator, in receiving one of my many infractions (not this one or any by Mick, of course), that multiple posters had reported my post (which was saying that I cared more about refugees than someone who said he didn't care if they all perished) and that two specific posters had PM'd non-War Room moderators to complain, i.e. "snitch."

Obviously, that wasn't Homer or another left-winger dissatisfied with my curtness.

"Snitching" about stuff that isn't actually violating any rules is pretty fucked up.

I think that's apart from his reporting in the War Room. His email was because of personal attacks in another forum.

I think that @Jack V Savage is right about his use of the report function and that Homer's usage of it (I don't know the extent of it, but I can imagine) was hardly cowardly: he was knowingly making himself a nuisance, rolling the dice that he would piss off mods, and risking being labeled a "snitch" by nefarious actors who wanted lax enforcement so they could be shitty, but he wanted to enforce the forum's rules and keep discussion productive. If posters constantly derailing threads and trolling was less rampant, the forum would be better and more productive for discussion of policy.

Dude. What Homer went bat shit crazy over. What made Homer demand posters be banned. What made Homer write to Crave

What made him do all that was an insult directed at him in the OT. It was an insult that you yourself are guilty of throwing out not in the OT, but right here in the WR

So I guess the brave thing to do would have been for the poster you addressed to demand you be banned and notify Crave of you

Last edited:
Dude. What Homer went bat shit crazy over. What made Homer demand posters be banned. What made Homer write to Crave

What made him do all that was an insult directed at him in the OT. It was an insult that you yourself are guilty of throwing out not in the OT, but right here in the WR

That's not the War Room. Why do people keep bringing up what happened in that Att: HomerThompson OT thread in re Homer as a WR and user of the report function in the WR? It's completely irrelevant.

Also, I never saw that thread, but I really doubt it's comparable to me making a joke about you supporting Milo. From what I gather, it was specific, targeted accusations that involved his daughter, who very much does exist and is not a joke.

This just in, we now know what Donald Trump REALLY meant when he said "good people on both sides, both sides"! He was talking about the Hunter Simpson - @KnightTemplar ticket!

images

giphy.gif

And together, we shall Make the War Room Great Again!:D

That's not the War Room. Why do people keep bringing up what happened in that Att: HomerThompson OT thread in re Homer as a WR and user of the report function in the WR? It's completely irrelevant.

Also, I never saw that thread, but I really doubt it's comparable to me making a joke about you supporting Milo. From what I gather, it was specific, targeted accusations that involved his daughter, who very much does exist and is not a joke.

It didn't involve his daughter. Stop trying to justify it. After he went to Crave things became very personal though

Be happy the people you insult have thicker skin than the former president. If those you continually insult operated like our former leader you would likely have a hard ban

Don't get it twisted, this is coming from a guy who's defended you on more than one occasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back