2017 NFL Draft Discussion v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex5124

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a ton of players yet this year, but of the one's I've seen, here are some that stand out.

hi-res-b425824858abe8edad35bb086a1b1b83_crop_north.jpg

1. Myles Garrett, EDGE, Texas A&M* - Quite simply, the most dominant force in college football right now. He looks like he was created in a lab. 6'5"/265 with some of the most freakish athleticism I've ever seen. He's a better prospect than Clowney and probably the best since Luck. Has a chance to be a generational type talent. Will absolutely annihilate the combine. He will not be moving from the #1 spot.

2. Malik McDowell, DL, Michigan State* - 6'6"/285 with plus athleticism. Has all of the physical talent in the world but needs to play with more consistency. When he wants to, McDowell manhandles people. Young kid, some concerns about maturity issues. I'm a huge fan.

After that, I don't really feel comfortable ranking guys yet. I'll just give a breakdown by position of guys who get 1st round hype.

Quarterback
Deshaun Watson, Clemson
- I'm not sold yet. Don't view him as highly as most of the national pundits.

DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame - Just a rSo. but in my opinion the most talented player at the position. Has a chance to be a very high pick with a strong season.

Running Back
Christian McCaffrey, Stanford - Super exciting guy to watch. True do-it-all player. Plus plus version of Danny Woodhead. 1st rounder.

Leonard Fournette, LSU - Very good player, but not the guy some make him out to be. He's not Adrian Peterson or Todd Gurley. Lacks the lateral agility of those guys.

Dalvin Cook, FSU - Was my number 1 RB heading into the year but has struggled early. Offensive line has been horrendous and he's been dealing with a shoulder injury. Injury and off-the-field concerns will likely make him fall come draft time. Looked like a cross between Jamaal Charles and Chris Johnson last year. Big time home run hitter.

Nick Chubb, Georgia - My #1 RB last year before he went down with a horrific knee injury. Has made a phenomenal comeback this year and looks very good. Interested to see what he runs at the combine.

Wide Receiver
Evan Engram, Ole Miss - Wasn't sure whether to list him here or at TE. Doesn't matter either way. One of my favorite players in this class. Was misused terribly last year and as a result didn't put up great numbers. Could be the next Jordan Reed.

Corey Davis, Western Michigan - Dominant small school player. Crisp route runner who has put up elite production. Big fan of his game.

Mike Williams, Clemson - Prototypical WR1 frame and movement skills. Don't love the way he body catches balls.

JuJu Smith-Schuster, USC - Good, not great player. Overrated.

Offensive Line
Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame - The top OT in the class imo. Not a strong class overall though.

Cam Robinson, Alabama - Can be physically dominant at times but I have questions.

Pat Elfein, Ohio State - Love this guy. Will play either C or OG at a very high level in the NFL and be a 10-year starter.

Dan Feeney, Indiana

Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky
- Underrated prospect. Showed well against Alabama earlier this year.

Tight End
Jake Butt, Michigan

OJ Howard, Alabama

Will post the defensive guys later when I get a chance.

Way too early to say but my guess is 3 QBs go top 10, maybe even 4 by the time the teens are over. Feels like one of those kind of years

Be sure to check out my boy Jonathan Allen at Bama, Alex. The guy has been dominating this year.

Be sure to check out my boy Jonathan Allen at Bama, Alex. The guy has been dominating this year.
Yeah I've watched him. He'll be in my defensive breakdown later.

Way too early to say but my guess is 3 QBs go top 10, maybe even 4 by the time the teens are over. Feels like one of those kind of years
Man, that would be surprising. This is a horrible class imo.

Man, that would be surprising. This is a horrible class imo.
Like I said guess because it's so early but it just has that 2011 feel to me. And I think these guys are better then that class (besides Cam). I think Browns , 9ers, Bears are all taking QB.

Which quarterback will Cleveland draft?

Wouldn't be surprised to see them trade back and keep stocking up picks, especially if they can net more first rounders.

My hometown boy KD Cannon hopefully goes to Tampa and gives them an explosive receiver

Please god let this be a deep ILB draft.

Please god let this be a deep ILB draft.

Sounding like a packers fan, bruh.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them trade back and keep stocking up picks, especially if they can net more first rounders.

Their strategy probably will depend on where the eagles pick. I can't see them adding on picks to the upcoming draft, though. I think it'll be 13 picks again including comp picks.

If Wentz looks halfway decent this year I think there is no chance of this happening. I'm not sold on him yet, but fans are already jumping off bridges because of their current QB situation while Wentz is the talk of the NFL

Sounding like a packers fan, bruh.

Their strategy probably will depend on where the eagles pick. I can't see them adding on picks to the upcoming draft, though. I think it'll be 13 picks again including comp picks.
500 yards, 30+ ppg will do that.
Thank fuck.

Check out Jeremy Johnson, QB out of Auburn. He can make all the throws plus more.

Jabrill Peppers looks much better this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back