2017 Green Bay Packers thread. Do we have a defense? Hell no

Also cut Yancey (5th rounder) and Durpe (7th rounder)

Real solid drafting, Ted

Also cut Yancey (5th rounder) and Durpe (7th rounder)

Real solid drafting, Ted

Outside of King, I didn't like the rest of their picks. Williams will probably be productive since RBs they're already thin there. Biegel is a can that is waaaaaay overhyped by Packers fans.

Traded Jayrone Elliott to the Cowboys for a 7th rounder and picked up some dude named Chris Odom from the Falcons cuts

Wait what? Why? We trade Elliot but Fackrell still has a roster spot?

Please sweet baby Jesus let the defense be just competent enough we can get to the big game.

Please sweet baby Jesus let the defense be just competent enough we can get to the big game.
By week 6 we'll have all the Niners defense signed. Smooth sailing from there.

T J Watt is starting for the Steelers over James Harrison. I hope Kevin King is worth passing on TJ.

Yeah nah, i'm with this dude lol:

The fans. The goddamn fans, man.

- They have the fucking audacity to actively and repeatedly call for the shit-canning of a head coach that’s led the team to eight consecutive playoff appearances (tying Landry, Noll, and Belichick himself). Bill Walsh didn’t even do that with Montana.

- They hate Ted Thompson! And I mean, they HATE him. They hate the dude that’s given them Clay Matthews, and Jordy Nelson, and Randall Cobb, and Jermichael Finley, and T.J. Lang, and Ha-Ha Clinton Dix, and David Bakhtiari, and AARON FUCKING RODGERS, yet somehow still manages to consistently have zero dead money against the salary cap! But nooooooo, he needs to bounce because he doesn’t go after those mystical free agents. I guess Charles Woodson, Julius Peppers, and Martellus Bennett just randomly stumble-fucked their way onto the Lambeau turf. Damn security guards.

- They are the epitome of entitlement. Our fans honestly, genuinely, passionately believe God is A.) real and B.) a Packers fan, and Ted and Mike are doing their damnedest to show him disrespect by failing to bring the Lombardi home every single season. There are Lions fans that only know the Super Bowl EXISTS because people keep reminding them they’ve never been to one, and we complain because EH THE PATRIOTS HAVE MORE, EH. FUCKIN’ BELICHEAT.

Also though, hate to be that guy but what the fuck are these stupid racist POS doing Yancey is twice the receiver Janis is are you fucking kidding me get that undersized scrub the fuck out of here with this fucking bullshit godfucking dammit bullshit caucasian ass piece of shit can ass what the fuck man

- They have the fucking audacity to actively and repeatedly call for the shit-canning of a head coach that’s led the team to eight consecutive playoff appearances (tying Landry, Noll, and Belichick himself). Bill Walsh didn’t even do that with Montana.

- They hate Ted Thompson! And I mean, they HATE him. They hate the dude that’s given them Clay Matthews, and Jordy Nelson, and Randall Cobb, and Jermichael Finley, and T.J. Lang, and Ha-Ha Clinton Dix, and David Bakhtiari, and AARON FUCKING RODGERS, yet somehow still manages to consistently have zero dead money against the salary cap! But nooooooo, he needs to bounce because he doesn’t go after those mystical free agents. I guess Charles Woodson, Julius Peppers, and Martellus Bennett just randomly stumble-fucked their way onto the Lambeau turf. Damn security guards.

- They are the epitome of entitlement. Our fans honestly, genuinely, passionately believe God is A.) real and B.) a Packers fan, and Ted and Mike are doing their damnedest to show him disrespect by failing to bring the Lombardi home every single season. There are Lions fans that only know the Super Bowl EXISTS because people keep reminding them they’ve never been to one, and we complain because EH THE PATRIOTS HAVE MORE, EH. FUCKIN’ BELICHEAT.

I roll my eyes at the people saying Packers fans shouldn't complain. We've been gifted two of the best QBs over thirty years and the organization has turned it into two Superbowls. In the last decade we've barely dipped into free agency. And let's be real here - Mike McCarthy would be coaching some random shit offense right now if it weren't for Rodgers. These messages sound like they came from Bears/Lions/Vikings fans.

I don't recall anyone shitting on Ron Wolf when he was here, and I always thought Wolf was doing his best to stack the team. You just can't say the same for Ted.

Capers has GOTS TO GO though. Dude couldn't scheme his way out of a wet paper bag.

It'd just be "blitz all, zone coverage one area leaving hte other 95% open" all the time.

Capers has GOTS TO GO though. Dude couldn't scheme his way out of a wet paper bag.

It'd just be "blitz all, zone coverage one area leaving hte other 95% open" all the time.

"BUT MUH SYSTEM REQUIRES VETS WITH YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN IT!" - Dom Capers

Maybe you shouldn't use a scheme on a team that doesn't believe in signing veterans.

"BUT MUH SYSTEM REQUIRES VETS WITH YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN IT!" - Dom Capers

Maybe you shouldn't use a scheme on a team that doesn't believe in signing veterans.
Or use a scheme that plays to the strengths of the guys you DO have.

I remember a couple times last year seeing Peppers drop back in coverage and my brain was like "WHAT THE FUCK? He didn't even do that shit when he was a young guy with the Panthers and you're making him do it as an old man?!"

Or use a scheme that plays to the strengths of the guys you DO have.

I remember a couple times last year seeing Peppers drop back in coverage and my brain was like "WHAT THE FUCK? He didn't even do that shit when he was a young guy with the Panthers and you're making him do it as an old man?!"

Poor Peppers. Also, watching either of our inside linebackers trying to cover a slot receiver coming across the middle - {<jimmies}

Meh. It seems unreasonable to demand more from a blind God. A couple teams have been marginally better and or marginally luckier than us at like, 5 junctures in recent memory.

I doubt there are many if any other conbinations of people alive that could be assembled into a more successful coaching staff/front office. Unless we can somehow poach the team from NE, sacking Dom/TT/MM seems like a certain downgrade

That being said, yeah some personel decisions seem like fucking bass ackwards mistakes. How Don Barclay still has a job is fucking beyond me

Poor Peppers. Also, watching either of our inside linebackers trying to cover a slot receiver coming across the middle - {<jimmies}
It's painful.

I know some in here feel Biegel is overrated but goddamnit I hope he isn't.

Meh. It seems unreasonable to demand more from a blind God. A couple teams have been marginally better and or marginally luckier than us at like, 5 junctures in recent memory.

I doubt there are many if any other conbinations of people alive that could be assembled into a more successful coaching staff/front office. Unless we can somehow poach the team from NE, sacking Dom/TT/MM seems like a certain downgrade
I'd agree except for one thing. The Pats shitcanned Capers after one season as assistant not even a coordinator. I only know this from living with a Pats fan and every season hearing the :
"Hey, you enjoying that dude we fired?"

And Patricia is better than Capers, i guess. But by how much? One notch? Is it realistic that they would be improved by bringing in a new guy?

Back