2016 Rio Olympic Wrestling Discussion

USA Cadets take 7 medals! 3 gold, 1 silver, and 3 bronzes. It is officially the best US Cadet team ever!

This is news to me. I assumed Yianni was of Greek heritage based on his last name. No wonder he's such a stud.
Yes, Yianni's father is Greek. It is Arujau who is the son of Vougar Orodjov. Arujau's father runs a club on Long Island and Arujau and Yianni are good friends train together a lot. They are both going to Cornell together.

Yes, Yianni's father is Greek. It is Arujau who is the son of Vougar Orodjov. Arujau's father runs a club on Long Island and Arujau and Yianni are good friends train together a lot. They are both going to Cornell together.

Yea, came to post this same thing. Vito's older brother Nick was also a D1 wrestler first for American and then for Cornell. He was really good but a bit of a head case. He just decided in the middle of his junior year to stop making weight. Really hurt Cornell at Nationals that year.

Cornell has Yianni and Vito coming in, as well as Ben Darmstedt. I understand David Carr has made some trips to Ithaca to work out with the Finger Lakes club as well. That could be the nucleus of serious title contending team in 2 or 3 years.

Tis going to be a wonderful NCAA season my friends, and I give it til the scuffle before the first hisssy fit over rules comes

Champ predictions for next season? Or if you're feeling ambitious, finals predictions?

125 - Gilman over Dance
133 - Clark over Tomasello
141 - McKenna over Heil
149 - Zain over Sorensen
157 - Nolf over Palacio
165 - IMar over IJo
174 - BoJo over Nickal
184 - Dean over Valencia
197 - Cox over Pfarr
HWT - Snyder over Medberry

Anyone watching who's number 1?

Labriola vs Whittlake was an incredible match

Brewer could be our rep at 61 kg. Very well rounded. He's got good leg attacks, good finishes, solid defense, solid upper body.

RBY and Whittlake commit to PSU. Thought RBY would end up @ AZST but that seems to black hole where talent goes to die.

Don't want to give away the result but watch Brewer/Garrett. Trust me. Watch it.

Back