20 moderators NO ACTION TAKEN

I cant stand this sight anymore. I think the MODS do the best they can. Its the people that post and create the threads that ruined sherdog. How about these STEROIDS IN MMA and FIGHTERS SALARIES.....I wanna fuckin puke everyday I see the shit posted

2y4life2 said:
I don't know. All a poster has to do is post 20 times a day and soon enough, he'll be a yellow belt or a blue belt. There are some good posters who only post once a day or even less and have been around for years and aren't blue belts yet. Mods need to do their jobs and as posters, we need to stop feeding the trolls.

Still, that's a hell of a lot of posts just to troll. No one is going to sit around and post that much just so they can start a dumb thread.. if they are hanging around that much to post, chances are they will see a lot of the threads they post in the first place. Most of the dumb threads are started by posters with less than 200 posts that come around for a little bit, accumulate maybe a few posts asking questions that have been answered millions of times(many times on the front page still) and then disappear.

OR, maybe we can make a forum in this board where you can't discuss with under 500 posts. So all of us that are sick of watching threads and discussions disappear in a millisecond due to the constant volume of crap from new posters who can't use search functions and ask the same shit over and over can have a place to go to avoid it and leave the infestation to them.

This could also stop the Donny syndrome. When trolls make a new account JUST to start some lameass thread that will end up going to 12 pages because they know how to push everybody's buttons. If they had to get 200 posts in order to do that, the trolling would nearly be extinguished.

This would be better for us, be better for mods, be better for the whole community.

I got my sakuraba getting a belt thread deleted back in the early 2000s. I said if they made a middle weight division saku would have a chance and finally get his belt.

Then a couple years later they did make a middle weight division!
Then like three years later a mod makes a saku war threads and stickies it, even a mishima thread and stickies it...mishima got owned by joe stevenson of course and the trolls are still posting!

Frankly, I think there's just too much crap for them to sort through. It would literally take a full-time watch by at least one mod to monitor these boards effectively, and until moderators get paid, I doubt we'll see much vigilance on their part. They do a good job for volunteers. So, I guess what I'm saying is that when 90% of the people who post are morons, or at least do a good job playing the part, then you can't prevent bad threads. No public forum is immune.

SakurabaSan said:
What do you mean? Hopefully the moderators will take a more pro active roll and start deleting threads.
Seriously though .... how does one deem a thread "bullshit" ? What might be "bullshit" to you might be valid to someone else. The only way is to stop reponding to obvious trolling posts. What is the criteria for being a moderator anyways ? Are they more knowlegeable ? Is there a test ? Of COURSE there are going to be duplicate threads, I mean, seriously .... there is only so much that can be discussed.

Mods have real lives and probably get sick of moderating a board that has gotten out of control. Its bad but its been worse. Don't let my join date fool ya. I've been here a looong time. It always gets better just takes time.

bizzerk said:
Seriously though .... how does one deem a thread "bullshit" ? What might be "bullshit" to you might be valid to someone else. The only way is to stop reponding to obvious trolling posts. What is the criteria for being a moderator anyways ? Are they more knowlegeable ? Is there a test ? Of COURSE there are going to be duplicate threads, I mean, seriously .... there is only so much that can be discussed.
ummm what's bullshit? Well, title a thread FULL GUARD and then saying only that it equals gay sex in the initial post is obviously bullshit. That type of thread should immediately be deleted.

jakeharris74 said:
OR, maybe we can make a forum in this board where you can't discuss with under 500 posts. So all of us that are sick of watching threads and discussions disappear in a millisecond due to the constant volume of crap from new posters who can't use search functions and ask the same shit over and over can have a place to go to avoid it and leave the infestation to them.

Even though this rule would prevent me from being able to post in your special forum, I still think it's a good idea. While it doesn't prevent new users from being able to participate, it would create a respite from distracting troll jobs for the veteran posters.

Even though it's not a great method, and it contradicts my own join date, I usually scroll through the long threads, only reading posts from people who joined in 2005 or earlier. It drastically cuts down the amount of ignorant crap I have to read.

if they ban the threadstarter for what you think is a trolling thread, then they should ban every one of you jackasses that reply to it and call the thread starter an idiot, because all you do is keep that thread on the front page

And then you have people like me that were here for a long time and get banned for trashing a dumb fuck poster.

SakurabaSan said:
Where are these elitists and what are they doing wrong?

They act like there isn't a million other places to get information about MMA other than Sherdog.

They complain about troll threads, instead of just ignoring them.

They talk about "The good old days" on Sherdog.

They blame mods who aren't getting paid, about the job they're doing, instead of appreciating the fact that there are mods at all.

That's what I was reffering to.

KrazyKanadian said:
why don't you make another war randy thread? Oh right, you did. The 4th one.

You better improve your IQ to make it better then that of your dogs before you do that though.
I didn't start any threads.

bizzerk said:

We have a huge list of rules that determines what you can and cannot post. Anything beyond that is left to moderators discretion. Very few if any legit threads get lost in that shuffle and the payoff is much more than we can see.

I dont know how mods are selected, but i would imagine you would have to be on the board for a long time, be knowledgeable about MMA, and show good judgment.

ClownTown said:
if they ban the threadstarter for what you think is a trolling thread, then they should ban every one of you jackasses that reply to it and call the thread starter an idiot, because all you do is keep that thread on the front page
LMFAO true true

ClownTown said:
LMFAO true true.And then the threads end up like this ,crying and whining and of the subject

Back