20 moderators NO ACTION TAKEN

FistInFace said:
If I was a moderator Sherdog's population would drastically decrease by like 70%. Lucky for you fucking idiots, I'm not.
gold

Sherdog has mods?!?! LOL!!! That was a good one

Body_Shots said:
Has gone to shit? It wasn't that good to begin with.

A few years ago, Sherdog was really pretty decent and the fuckwits werent as plentiful.

axe wound said:
man, you guys should get together go to tea parties or a support group or some shit.

A- don't give trolls any attention and the mods won't have trolls to deal with

B- when you see shit that pisses you off, instead of replying to it, add the fuckwit that wrote it to your ignore list.

it's not up to mods to fucking control the playground - it's beyond their capabilities when you can't make a ban stick
What the fuck?

How hard is it to delete a thread?

If a thread is obviously a troll thread then just delete it. It's quite simple. Also, why do you assume that we give trolls attention? That's ridiculous. Adding a dude to the ignore list doesn't remove his lame ass threads from the board.

axe wound said:
man, you guys should get together go to tea parties or a support group or some shit.

B- when you see shit that pisses you off, instead of replying to it, add the fuckwit that wrote it to your ignore list.

it's not up to mods to fucking control the playground - it's beyond their capabilities when you can't make a ban stick
I must agree with this. While the Mods here should be taking more action to ban these fools and delete useless threads and fighter bashing, the worst thing is when trolls make threads and everyone posts on them telling the troll to piss off and die. That just feeds the trolls and gives them delight. When there's a troll thread, just leave it along and don't even post.

JIU-BOX-FU said:
HOw is this gonna help??
What do you mean? Hopefully the moderators will take a more pro active roll and start deleting threads.

I don't even know if Mod's get paid to do their job. Are they just guys that took up a voluntary position or what?

Anyways, I'm still proposing my idea to stop threads from being started by posters until they reach yellow belt status.. or even blue belt status. Sure there will still be BS, as that can't be entirely avoided.. but the percentage would decrease significantly.

I believe with Dubz you can't create new threads or edit your posts. Would there be a way to have auto dubz given to all new posters(without the actual dubs icon) until they reach a certain post count?

KrazyKanadian said:
Are you honestly surprised? This forum has gone to shit, and has been getting worse and worse lately.

There are still a few good posters though.
Yeah and we talked about this elsewere.You have to post stupid shit and argue mute points.YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK.Remember ,don't like the thread?Just move on.I gotta find a new site with an IQ better than my dogs.

this site sucks dick and you lost for not knowing it until today

jakeharris74 said:
I don't even know if Mod's get paid to do their job. Are they just guys that took up a voluntary position or what?

Anyways, I'm still proposing my idea to stop threads from being started by posters until they reach yellow belt status.. or even blue belt status. Sure there will still be BS, as that can't be entirely avoided.. but the percentage would decrease significantly.
I don't know. All a poster has to do is post 20 times a day and soon enough, he'll be a yellow belt or a blue belt. There are some good posters who only post once a day or even less and have been around for years and aren't blue belts yet. Mods need to do their jobs and as posters, we need to stop feeding the trolls.

KrazyKanadian said:
good point. whats going on, haven't seen you around the knux all too much lately.

Haven't been posting much anywhere lately, been occupied, this should change sooner rather than later.

mjbogrand said:
Yeah and we talked about this elsewere.You have to post stupid shit and argue mute points.YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK.Remember ,don't like the thread?Just move on.I gotta find a new site with an IQ better than my dogs.

why don't you make another war randy thread? Oh right, you did. The 4th one.

You better improve your IQ to make it better then that of your dogs before you do that though.

axe wound said:

EOT.

Body_Shots said:
Haven't been posting much anywhere lately, been occupied, this should change sooner rather than later.

good stuff, and, why don't you become a mod on this site?! :D

jakeharris74 said:

mods dont get paid. its voluntary. It can actually be a reward experience to moderate a forum because you help maintain a community. I would gladly be a mod.

The problem is that there are a lot of rules that dont get enforced, or if they do, we dont see the results of the enforcement. Plus since this is a sports board, many people here arent familiar with how internet boards really work. The high population makes moderation extremely difficult.

There are a lot of things that could be done, but there are so many things going against the dog right now that its hard to maintain any semblence of order.

this_is_matt said:
A few years ago, Sherdog was really pretty decent and the fuckwits werent as plentiful.

Well, it seems like SOME THINGS have been problems for years (SFTU Noob/Rickson by Armbar), but the straight trolling does seem to be much more prevalent.

I've heard people mention several times a different forum (? pay forum) that was much better for serious MMA discussion. Could someone PM me the name of that please? Thanks.

Back