'13 Reasons Why' is quite brilliant, and here's why...*spoilers*

Spoken like someone that has no idea wtf they are talking about.

Everyone that commits suicide is mentally ill, and it's not at all because of the shit that happens to them?

Let's say you have a beautiful family. Wife you love, amazing children. All of them are killed in a car accident. You survive. You eventually kill yourself. That's mental illness? Or a natural reaction to the insane tragedy that has happened to you?

Suicidal ideation is a symptom of many mental illnesses.

Suicidal ideation that leads to an elaborate plot to guilt everyone from rapists to the only people who cared about you is certainly indicative of mental illness

Which went thoroughly ignored throughout the duration of the show.

I now know that you have inadequate knowledge of both the show and mental illness.

Just stop.

Everyone that commits suicide is mentally ill, and it's not at all because of the shit that happens to them?

Let's say you have a beautiful family. Wife you love, amazing children. All of them are killed in a car accident. You survive. You eventually kill yourself. That's mental illness? Or a natural reaction to the insane tragedy that has happened to you?

A) Depression is a form of mental illness, so yes.

B) Depression is a form of mental illness, so yes.

And going out of your way to make everyone's life miserable, in the process, is narcissism.

The only person that deserved one of those dumb tapes, from the excerpts I read about the show, was the dude who raped her.

A show glorifying suicide as a way of dealing with high school stress. Gtfo

I'm glad she killed herself early god forbid she have to go through actual shit that matters.

A show glorifying suicide as a way of dealing with high school stress. Gtfo

I'm glad she killed herself early god forbid she have to go through actual shit that matters.
Ah shit, that's one of putting it for sure. I can see the outrage now, not sure how to feel about it myself. I guess I am glad the topic is on the table and we're facing it, it's real and it's out there. Good thread, TS.

What we need is a war on suicide so we can just get rid of it altogether like we did with drugs and terrorism.
srsly, suicide needs to kill itself.

and wait, I have a name for this show, a retake on an old show:

"My So-Called Death" I like it.

Ah shit, that's one of putting it for sure. I can see the outrage now, not sure how to feel about it myself. I guess I am glad the topic is on the table and we're facing it, it's real and it's out there. Good thread, TS.

Yeah, more than anything the show is drawing a great deal of attention to suicide and depression in this country. I am glad to see it.

now i just feel like this is a troll thread

I kinda wanna watch this show. Gonna stalk thread to read and see if I should bother.

Anybody see My Fat Diary? Is it anything like that? A+ show imo so I'm curious if they're anything alike.

Haven't seen that show, but I've watched one episode of this. I'm gonna wait a little bit to watch the rest. It seems pretty good so far, a little over the top in some aspects, but very good at the same time.

The general reaction from the kids responsible is: butthurt about the reality of the situation, refusal to take responsibility, and lashing out against Hannah for releasing the tape to begin with.

If you have been paying attention, the reaction from our media and psychological professionals about this show has been highly negative. With widespread calls for the show to be taken down.

So our own media and mental health professionals are having the same reaction to this show, that the kids in the show have to Hannah's tapes: butthurt about the reality of the situation (high suicide rates among young people that are on the rise, and the inability of high school counselors to prevent them), refusal to take responsibility ( mass media and social media that lead to kids being depressed and also lead to other kids/people being more cruel and less human) and finally lashing out against Netflix and the show itself, calling on them to take it down.

If you have watched the series, what are your thoughts on that comparison?

Don't worry TS, I'll get this thread back on track...

I disagree with your comparison. Seems like a stretch.

Oh and i guarantee we'll see copycats because of this show.

Every attention-starved emo kid that's on the fence about suicide is creaming his pants at the thought of how much attention he'll get after people listen to his "tapes"

Every attention-starved emo kid that's on the fence about suicide is creaming his pants at the thought of how much attention he'll get after people listen to his "tapes"

I thought the exact same thing when I watched this.

Oh boy. Now I KNOW TS is a sissy ass Millenial if he supports some bullshit series which Selena Gomez had a part in that puts the spotlight on kids who kill themselves because of bullying.

Toughen up, son.

Most kids are too cynical, most would take the tapes a be like..<Fedor23>. And then toss or sell them to the news.

It's the dumb ass adults that would be creaming with reaction.
:rustled:

What we need is a war on suicide so we can just get rid of it altogether like we did with drugs and terrorism.
That is brillant kill them before they have a chance to kill themselves
reece.JPG

I kinda wanna watch this show. Gonna stalk thread to read and see if I should bother.

Anybody see My Fat Diary? Is it anything like that? A+ show imo so I'm curious if they're anything alike.
You're better off reading the book. The tv is a supreme cluster fuck of an interpretation.

Oh boy. Now I KNOW TS is a sissy ass Millenial if he supports some bullshit series which Selena Gomez had a part in that puts the spotlight on kids who kill themselves because of bullying.

Toughen up, son.

Give me a break. I was raised by a marine and I'm in 99th percentile of human size on the planet; I'll catch you with that left straight real quick.

Don't worry TS, I'll get this thread back on track...

I disagree with your comparison. Seems like a stretch.

I guess it's just how I perceive it.

According to the fake alpha bald manlets that patrol these boards, good, fuck 'em right?

Back