100 Burpee Challenge

Jeez....some of you guys are beasts. I think I'm in respectable shape, but doing just 5 sets of 10 burpees (after a full-body workout) absolutely annihilates me. Maybe I need to add a new day into my rotation where I focus specifically on burpees or some other horrific conditioning exercise.

Inspiring thread!

10:30 minutes for me. Weight 170lbs. It was hard as hell.

Question on form....

I noticed in the video of the guy on the first page, it looks like he isn't really doing a squat....he's doing more of a sprawl motion. Do you guys do burpees with the squat, or do you just throw you legs straight back like he's doing?

I'm down to 8m 30seconds for 100 . I been stuck around this time for the last 2 weeks.

Gave this a go today.....unfortunately I forgot my watch so I don't have an official time. I would estimate that I clocked in somewhere between 20 and 25 minutes, though.

That's a pretty horrible time compared to a lot of people here, but I was actually somewhat pleased with my performance. My form remained pretty solid all the way through. I did 20 on my first set, but then did sets of 10 the rest of the way. I think if I allowed myself to do shorter sets, I probably could have rested less and gotten a better time. I'll keep working at it.

Bodyweight 210.

Question on form....

I noticed in the video of the guy on the first page, it looks like he isn't really doing a squat....he's doing more of a sprawl motion. Do you guys do burpees with the squat, or do you just throw you legs straight back like he's doing?

If I'm going TBH its a squat for like the first 30 then a squat/sprawl thing for the next 70. Its probably more taxing on your arms slightly because your weight gets on them sooner and kinda "lands" more on them. And no I don't think it really matters, if anything the learning and drilling a sprawl motion while REALLY fatigued is gonna help you more in the long run I feel.

So I say sprawl away.

Gave this a go today.....unfortunately I forgot my watch so I don't have an official time. I would estimate that I clocked in somewhere between 20 and 25 minutes, though.

That's a pretty horrible time compared to a lot of people here, but I was actually somewhat pleased with my performance. My form remained pretty solid all the way through. I did 20 on my first set, but then did sets of 10 the rest of the way. I think if I allowed myself to do shorter sets, I probably could have rested less and gotten a better time. I'll keep working at it.

Bodyweight 210.

Good Job man!, when you just start getting your conditioning and do these... they are brutally humbling. So Kudos for even doing 100, seriously.

I squat low enough to get down in to the pushup easily but its not separate movements. It's one smooth movement all the way down in to the pushup which resembles a sprawl but a sprawl goes from standing to hips on the ground immediately... in a burpee you squat down low enough that your sprawl portion is low impact and you can continue your motion down immediately in to the pushup.... Or at least that's how I do it.

I squat low enough to get down in to the pushup easily but its not separate movements. It's one smooth movement all the way down in to the pushup which resembles a sprawl but a sprawl goes from standing to hips on the ground immediately... in a burpee you squat down low enough that your sprawl portion is low impact and you can continue your motion down immediately in to the pushup.... Or at least that's how I do it.

Good post Mike!
Yup that's just about a perfect description. It's more about the energy of the whole exercise and the way your whole body has to keep doing these large compound movements that makes it so hard, and effective as a conditioning tool. Not to mention it replicates an important fight skill.

Doing perfect form squats/pushups is not what its all about.

(That's the Hokey-Pokey) bahahahahahahaha I couldn't resist, for-giv-e-ness puhleeese!

14:17 with a 40lb weight vest.
6' 0", 185lbs, 50yo.
Yes it sucked.

Question on form....

sort of like a sprawl then a pushup then pop back to my feet. sharp and explosive its the quickest and works tyour core nicely to pop your feet straigh back up under you as you get up.

12:16 @ 195lbs

Damn... now I know why I don't do burpees, they fucking suck. Running a 5K is way easier for me lol. My last 20 burpees was like watching 2 heavyweights swing for the fences in the second round, just a str8 sloppy mess.

Ok I've been doing a bit more burpees lately and I went for the 100 again and did 11:19.

I suck at these but I got a minute faster

11:39 at 150 lbs

First time ever doing more than 20. With a little better timing, I'm pretty sure I could go under 10 minutes. I did the first 50 under 4 minutes and then gassed badly.

Back