100 Burpee Challenge

IceWolf

Orange Belt
Reaction score
100 Burpees as fast as you can, on the clock.

Anyone interested in starting up another one of these? I think its a good motivational tool to see all the fast times be fast, and the slower times get better, and all the improvements over a few months.

After getting my ass kicked by 50 burpees today, I wanna start focusing on conditioning again.

The Big Board:

Cyclone Mike 7:24 @ 165 lbs

LatFlare "Around 8 minutes, but I did it after a 30 min weight loaded run backed up by a 20 min body weight conditioning circuit" :D

Travs 8:26 @ 172lbs

kenetics 8:30 @ 170lbs.

Cheap Shot 9:42 @ 155 lbs.

Thunderkopf 10:05 @ 208 lbs

obroin 10:28.

IceWolf 11:30 @ 238 lbs Down over 4 minutes in a few short months, its ALLLLL coming back to me muahahaha

ironwolf 12:39 @ 212 lbs

SexyMahnaz 13:05 @ 170lbs

cravn_mohd 13:26 @ 170

magick 15:30

Dream Evil 20-25 minutes @ 210

Burpee Form Video (Clapping is optional)

[YT]CUjVsgcRrTk[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone is interested anymore, but I wanted to share my progress.

I did this for the first time last May, and clocked in somewhere between 20-25 minutes. I've since added a lot more burpees to my workout routines, and I've been doing the 100 challenge about once every few weeks.

I'm now down to 12:20. I've also lost 10 pounds since I started, I'm at 200 now. My goals is to get under 10 minutes.....it will be tough, but I know I can get there. I've found that the secret to this thing is really no secret at all.....just gotta do a lot of burpees until you get better at them. I'm pretty happy with my progress....essentially a 50% reduction in time.

New time: 5:57 @ 155 lbs.

Damn!!

themetapicture-funny-gif-asian-guy-thumbs-up.gif

I hope you get some participants. I doubt I'll ever really try to get my 100 burpee time fast again, but I'm glad I did it. I started messing with burpees again a couple months ago and forgot how brutal they are.

Not sure if anyone is interested anymore, but I wanted to share my progress.

I did this for the first time last May, and clocked in somewhere between 20-25 minutes. I've since added a lot more burpees to my workout routines, and I've been doing the 100 challenge about once every few weeks.

I'm now down to 12:20. I've also lost 10 pounds since I started, I'm at 200 now. My goals is to get under 10 minutes.....it will be tough, but I know I can get there. I've found that the secret to this thing is really no secret at all.....just gotta do a lot of burpees until you get better at them. I'm pretty happy with my progress....essentially a 50% reduction in time.

That's awesome man. I'm looking to do some sort of simple conditioning 2-3 times a week. Do you think working towards 100 burpess would suffice?

Did in 9:50.
Is there a proper way to breathe for burpees? I had to do it in sets of 10-20.

I rarely come to this forum but this challenge is awesome.

I never do cardio lately... since I stopped training Kickboxing like 5 months ago. Only a few hours of bike here and then and I dont think that even counts.

im 1,72 and 62kgs trying to put lean mass (5´8 and 137lbs). Im kind of noob but I was 127lbs at the beggining of the year so Im pretty happy with my results (yeah, I dont follow a diet neither).

Can do these kind of workouts slow/affect my growth? I would love to give it a shot since Im naturally well conditioned (well, I dont weight shit) but Im putting a lot of effort into putting mass that would suck.

Thank you guys.

I hope you get some participants. I doubt I'll ever really try to get my 100 burpee time fast again, but I'm glad I did it. I started messing with burpees again a couple months ago and forgot how brutal they are.

Right?!? Brutal is definitely an APT descriptor. You can literally feel your level of badassery increasing.

I hope so too.

Did in 9:50.
Is there a proper way to breathe for burpees? I had to do it in sets of 10-20.

I exhale as much as I can going down for the pushup and inhale on the jumping up portion.

I try to keep that steady rhythm for as long as possible. When you start getting winded, it's hard to fight the desire to pant.

First try at 150 pounds and clocked in at 9:26

So yeah, I need to work on that

Thing about burpes is they suck balls.

I would like to see some other times posted first before I embarrass myself with my time

That's awesome man. I'm looking to do some sort of simple conditioning 2-3 times a week. Do you think working towards 100 burpess would suffice?

I'm no expert, but I would say yeah....putting in the work to improve your 100 burpee time should definitely yield some good benefits. What has been working for me is to incorporate burpees into most of my other workouts. I only attempt to do 100 every few weeks or so, but most of my other cardio circuits will contain a hefty number of burpees as well.

10:35

First try ever, legs are burning

In. I remember this challenge. There was a lot of participants in that thread.

I'll do one sometime next week and post a video of it.

As a test yesterday I did 50 after my Met-Con routine. Luckily it wasn't as brutal as usual.

I did 50 Burpees in 2:35. I did a set of 20, then 10, then 20. I was extremely surprised by the time. I do know that the next 50 would be MUCH slower. As I knew I didn't have to save for the next 50.

I want to try and do the 100 in under 7 minutes. I'll try again today after my Met-Con routine again. But I'll take a 20 minute break this time. I brought my Go-Pro to video it also. I would like to see how my form fades through the run.

God I remember watching a crossfit video where a bunch of people were doing a burpee challenge. i have never seen so many people in one place do the worm and screw up the form so horrendously.

Question on form....

I noticed in the video of the guy on the first page, it looks like he isn't really doing a squat....he's doing more of a sprawl motion. Do you guys do burpees with the squat, or do you just throw you legs straight back like he's doing?

The rules of form i follow are:
- Chest all the way down at the bottom.
- feet leave the ground at the top
- feet stay together i.e. no kneeling etc

In. I remember this challenge. There was a lot of participants in that thread.

I'll do one sometime next week and post a video of it.

Awesome. I'll post my time of me doing it next week, it's going to suck so hopefully that will encourage some folks lol.

I'll do this for conditioning tomorrow.

Is this burpees with push-ups or no push-ups?

i did 100 hundred burpees about a month ago and it took around 8 minutes. but i did it after a 30 min weight loaded run backed up by a 20 min body weight conditioning circuit so i'd prob be a bit quicker if i was fresh, but i doubt i will do it again to find out. unless someone makes me do it, which is a possibility.

Awesome. I'll post my time of me doing it next week, it's going to suck so hopefully that will encourage some folks lol.

Well, it was your idea in the first place. Let's get this ball rolling.

I'll do this for conditioning tomorrow.

Is this burpees with push-ups or no push-ups?

I think a proper burpee must include a pushup. And the jumps must be explosive and not half assed.

I think a proper burpee must include a pushup. And the jumps must be explosive and not half assed.

Ya, I agree =(

This is going to be hellish.

But I've come to realize that hellish conditioning is the best type of conditioning.

I'd be pleased if I finished this in under 20 minutes, honestly. My upper body endurance is virtually nonexistent.

I may be tempted. My conditioning's bad at the moment however. I've never done 100 burpees, or 50 even. I've done about 40/41 in two 2 minutes a while back though.

Wtf man. I consider myself to be in good shape but my quads burn after 10 burpees. Can anyone tell me the secret?

Wtf man. I consider myself to be in good shape but my quads burn after 10 burpees. Can anyone tell me the secret?

Ignore the burn and work up to it. Density training is good here. Do 10 sets of 10, and then gradually do them with less rest between sets and less sets, so maybe 10 sets of 10 with a minute or more rest, then reduce it to 30 to 45 seconds, then try to do 100 burpees over 9 sets, then 8 sets, and so on. Go for max reps once in a while too.

I tried this last year, made it to 50, took like 10 min lol. Was mentally and physically dead..,.. Ill give this a try again though. Question for you guys, do most of you do the challenge as a workout in itself and not do anything else at the gym/ home gym,?

I tried this last year, made it to 50, took like 10 min lol. Was mentally and physically dead..,.. Ill give this a try again though. Question for you guys, do most of you do the challenge as a workout in itself and not do anything else at the gym/ home gym,?

The last time I did it, I did it as finisher type of workout. I think I did a mile and a half run and some calisthenics circuit training before that.

I did this today along with my normal upper body session. I did modify things a bit- Did a lot fewer chin-ups and didn't do my normal upper body assistance work. I figured a 100 push-ups is enough assistance work.

Took ~15 minute and 30 seconds.

I knew I couldn't do a straight x100 from the get-go, so I instead planned to split it into 5x20 with a minute break between each set. Since I knew that I couldn't make good time on this thing, I instead chose to make each rep as good as I can. So the push-ups would be strict and I'd actually do a good jump instead of the pansy shit that a lot of people who do this challenge do.

Got through the first 2 sets pretty "easily", as in they went about as well as I planned. Finished those within like 4 minutes (so ~minute for the 20 burpees + 1 minute rest). And then the next 10 (41-50) felt quite challenging. I decided to do 10 reps from then on.

Got to 60 in ~7-8 minute, and then things fell apart from there. Each rep afterwards became a massive struggle (I'd basically do 3-4 reps and then have to take a 5-6 sec breather between each rep afterwards). It basically took me another 7-8 minute to finish the remaining 4 sets. I know my back started to sag and my stance got wider and wider starting from rep 65 or so, and many of the jumps became halfhearted jumps instead of an explosive one.

Still, I got through it. Dunno if I'll do this next week, but I'd like to do it every now and then and try to get the time lower and lower. It's definitely a great indicator of total body fitness imo.

I did this today along with my normal upper body session. I did modify things a bit- Did a lot fewer chin-ups and didn't do my normal upper body assistance work. I figured a 100 push-ups is enough assistance work.

Took ~15 minute and 30 seconds.

I knew I couldn't do a straight x100 from the get-go, so I instead planned to split it into 5x20 with a minute break between each set. Since I knew that I couldn't make good time on this thing, I instead chose to make each rep as good as I can. So the push-ups would be strict and I'd actually do a good jump instead of the pansy shit that a lot of people who do this challenge do.

Got through the first 2 sets pretty "easily", as in they went about as well as I planned. Finished those within like 4 minutes (so ~minute for the 20 burpees + 1 minute rest). And then the next 10 (41-50) felt quite challenging. I decided to do 10 reps from then on.

Got to 60 in ~7-8 minute, and then things fell apart from there. Each rep afterwards became a massive struggle (I'd basically do 3-4 reps and then have to take a 5-6 sec breather between each rep afterwards). It basically took me another 7-8 minute to finish the remaining 4 sets. I know my back started to sag and my stance got wider and wider starting from rep 65 or so, and many of the jumps became halfhearted jumps instead of an explosive one.

Still, I got through it. Dunno if I'll do this next week, but I'd like to do it every now and then and try to get the time lower and lower. It's definitely a great indicator of total body fitness imo.
Good job lol. Props for being the first one to do this challenge. Youve inspired me to do this today after my workout. I think im going the 'easy' route with 10x10 though.

Back