100 Burpee Challenge

12:39 @ 212

I'm a fat fuck since I've had a. Token hand for a few weeks and was out traveling for a few weeks.

A student today even said: oh your fatter than before...wtf is that about. In China people just call each other fat like its no thing.

The treading water in full clothes while holding a 10kg plate over your head that Latflare mentioned in the "Hardest/Woorst Conditioning Workouts You've Done" thread pretty much tops anything imo.

Hell, anything that involves being in water has the potential to top anything that involves being on the ground imo.

only 5kg man. 10kg and you're sinking. unless you're a walrus.

Ya after 25 or so your like, FUCK YA I got this, then after another 25 your like , Shiiiit... i'm only halfway through.

GJ Though. Posted

Whats your weight? If we get enough people eventually i'd like to split it into over 200 and under 200 pounders.

I am about 170 lbs.

To be honest, after 20 reps I could tell I was in for more than I expected. I plan on trying it again in a couple of days, I feel like I should be able to get it closer to 12 min. This is a great workout finisher. Does anyone have any thoughts on how often to do this as a finisher or advice on how to progress?

OK, I decided to have a go. 13:05 @ 170lbs.

10 x 10. I did them slowly with a 2 second mini rest after each burpee, & enough rest between sets to catch my breath.

12:39 @ 212

I'm a fat fuck since I've had a. Token hand for a few weeks and was out traveling for a few weeks.

A student today even said: oh your fatter than before...wtf is that about. In China people just call each other fat like its no thing.

Heh, manners in different places of the world are funny things.

I spent a good 15 seconds trying to figure out what a token hand was and then figured you probably meant broken heh.

Heh, manners in different places of the world are funny things.

I spent a good 15 seconds trying to figure out what a token hand was and then figured you probably meant broken heh.

Yeah...broken damn auto correct.

10:05 @ 208 lbs. HR - 185-190ish. Did them as a finisher set. That was tough, will do again.

Thanks, SexyMahnaz. I feel like this will have a tremendous carryover to my jiujitsu cardio if I do them on a weekly basis.

10:05 @ 208 lbs. HR - 185-190ish. Did them as a finisher set. That was tough, will do again.

Not bad at all! Good stuff. I feel like if I got into doing burpees a lot again it would indeed have a good carryover to MMA/Jiujitsu as well.

Posted.

Just to keep this thread alive-

I've been practicing doing burpees continually with no real extended breaks in between.

Started off with 50 and have been adding 10 more each week.

Did x70 today; took about 10:20.

I've decided that the hardest thing about burpees is breathing. I can't breathe when I'm doing the rep, and so trying to do reps continually just kills me real quick. On the other hand, if I take about 3 breaths between each rep, then I can pretty much go on continually without losing my tempo.

Any tips on breathing during continual reps?

I did this in 8:26 @ 172lbs

Unfortunately no video to verify it yet.....

Was my first session back after fighting 2 weeks ago so was very rusty.... I'm sure I could knock another minute off within a couple of weeks....

Also had no strategy or pacing.... banged out 30 in 1min26secs then the sets got slower and shorter! The last 20 were pretty brutal....

I did 5x10, then 5x9 both on 1:00. After an extra 15 seconds rest, I banged out the final 5 in 13 seconds, for a final time of 10:28. I like doing them as sets of 10 because it lets me focus on doing them perfectly. Goal is to do 10x10 tomorrow, then start doing them faster and faster. No video unfortunately.

This was in my competitive crossfitters programming a couple of weeks ago.

Here's a breakdown for reference if anyone cares for it:

Participants: 12
Average: 6:12
High: 8:27 (50+ Master's Regional Female)
Low: 5:30 (RX Male Latin American Medalist)

More of them probably did it but getting all of their results down is like wrangling stray cats.

Just to keep this thread alive-

I've been practicing doing burpees continually with no real extended breaks in between.

Started off with 50 and have been adding 10 more each week.

Did x70 today; took about 10:20.

I've decided that the hardest thing about burpees is breathing. I can't breathe when I'm doing the rep, and so trying to do reps continually just kills me real quick. On the other hand, if I take about 3 breaths between each rep, then I can pretty much go on continually without losing my tempo.

Any tips on breathing during continual reps?

Well i'm clearly on the bottom and still getting back into conditioning shape but that being said I like to breathe out during the pushup and inhale as I stand up.

I'm going to do this again at the end of this week and put up a better time. I'm starting to get into shape again heh ;)

Had all of our fighters who showed up today give this a go. Fastest time was 6:20, slowest was 16:38.

Decided to get after it myself, ended up with 9:42 @ 155 lbs. Feeling every bit my 30 years today. Was totally fresh too, getting old is humbling for sure. I wasn't watching the time, I'm just glad I finished.

I did this tonight in 7:16 which is a big improvement on my first effort, but I'm still well off my peak in terms of conditioning....

I think I could push to 6.45 but doubt I could get under 6.30...... will have another go in a week...

Started off a bit slower this time, but still did the first 50 in 3mins..... then I found it easier to just grind them out one at a time, as opposed to last time when I broke them down into 10's and 20's.....

I've been working my way toward 100. I'd be surprised if I break 10 minutes being a methodical 41 yr old, but I'll certainly work toward that goal. I really enjoy doing them much more than I thought I would.

Back