★ Bisping (and UFC) Say He's a Legend. Seriously?

When did Bisping become a legend?

• Total voters
That makes Paradigm sports management legends. Bisping is always Ranked 11.

You can't separate a fighter from his trainer and managers. It's a collective achievement and to be the most paid (disclosed) fighter in UFC history + the fighter with the second most makes you a legend in the UFC.

And no, Bisping isn't always ranked No. 11, unless if you're talking about your personal rank. Right now he would be at No.4 or 5, and he's certainly been even closer to the top in the past.

A journeyman who managed to fall short every time he faced a top fighter. He has still yet to legitimately even earn a title shot. A short notice fill in does not count.

He is certainly NOT a legend in the sport.

Jesus Christ and George Washington are legends. Michael Bisping is an MMA fighter.

Im assuming Washingtons story to be historically accurate.

As far as Bisping he has a case for being an always the bridesmaid kind of legend. If he beats Lukester, bona fide legend for sure. There are many cases of tragic legends.

So what I've learned from this thread is that at no time has Bisping ever described himself as a legend..

He will always be a legend to me for one reason

henderson-bisping-gif.gif
I though he was dead, but he proved everyone was wrong. so inspiring!

Well if Stephan Bonnar and almost every guy who has fought in the UFC like Ian Freeman etc are called legends then you can hardly complain.

never beat any true greats besides a far past his prime silva
wouldn't couldn't consider that a legend on this side

look at whos considerd a legend.. bj penn..ken shamrock,royce gracie., tito ortiz.. (lmfao)

so why not bisping?

the guy is a bad motherfuker.

Pro: Bisping has a good W-L record (28-7)

PROS: If you don't count his losses against PED users, which you shouldn't, he is 28-3 AT WORST. That pretty much makes him the best 37 year old in history.

If he's a legend then the word is completely meaningless.

PROS: If you don't count his losses against PED users, which you shouldn't, he is 28-3 AT WORST. That pretty much makes him the best 37 year old in history.
Tard logic. If you discount his losses due to ped users then you have to discount them for everyone. All that does is further muddy the picture, so it's best to leave losses as is. As it stands he's lost to nearly every good fighter he's faced.

Define legend.

THis is a Joke. Bisping aint no legend. He lost all his #1 Contenders matchups and got gifted this title shot. Legend is also someone who you will remember for all of time, like Will Smith.

I think the term legend is thrown around too loosely these days. UFC use the term legend interchangeably with veteran IMO.

Not in their usage; there a veteran has >2 fights which is similarly ridiculous.

Bisping has been on the receiving end of a highlight reel like 3/4ths of his career. That's like calling Stefan Struve a legend .

Tard logic. If you discount his losses due to ped users then you have to discount them for everyone. All that does is further muddy the picture, so it's best to leave losses as is. As it stands he's lost to nearly every good fighter he's faced.

Go ahead and show me someone with a better record when you back out losses to known PED users....Ill wait!

Legend might be pushing it a bit far but Bisping is probably the hardest working fighter in the UFC. He also never turns down a fight or makes lame excuses and will literally fight anyone they ask him to. He has also stayed clean in a division full of chemically enhanced cheats too. As others have pointed out though, he deserve the term 'legend' more than most erstwhile fighters who get labelled as such.

Back