★ Bisping (and UFC) Say He's a Legend. Seriously?

When did Bisping become a legend?

• Total voters
Michael Bisping brought the European mma scene to a whole new level, he's fought top competition for years on end now, never had legal issues that reflected poorly on him or the sport.... Legend status.

i think he's a UFC hall of famer if that's worth anything

Chris Cariaso is a one punch KO artist

Ronda Rousey is once in a life time, once in ever.

Bisping is a middleweight legend

You only use "An" before words that start with vowels. Come on. :)
MMA spelled out sounds like em, em, aye. E is a vowel. If your reading his post like a human, it sounds right. If your reading like a robot then yeah it may not compute for you.

He's a legend in that he was the prototype for the UFCs expansion into the UK. They realized with him that feeding him cans then making him fight a contender is dangerous, because he might get KTFO constantly. So then when it came to grooming Conor, they made sure to just fast track it. Get a couple wins, be more of a loud mouth than Bisping was earlier in his career, and if he fights a contender make sure he doesn't get to train. Poor Bisping derailed the UFCs plans to give him a title shot so many times by actually fighting everyone that the UFC was able to learn that is not the way to make a superstar. Just based on his longevity though he's a shoe in for the HOF, if only because he got people in the UK talking about the UFC.

Disrespect..

LMAO... He doesn't become a legend unless he wins the belt, and cleans out the division ???

Those are some pretty high standards. I can only think of about 4 fighters that are even in that category.

It says " legend ", not GOAT.

Will anybody be talking about Bisping in 20 years? Shit, even 10? Probably not even 5. So no, he's not a legend.

Hell no. I could give less of a shit about how much of a draw or how popular he was. Bisping is not a legend of the sport hes merely a good, consistent bottom of the top 10 fighter.

Bisping was never and still isnt an elite fighter. To this day his only top win is Anderson whos 40yo and prolly isnt even a top 10 guy anymore.

All the top guys he fought who were in their primes he lost to and he got fucking destroyed in most of them (Wand, Hendo, Luke, Vitor, Kennedy). The Hashad and Shale fights were close but he still clearly lost both.

I mean what are his best non Anderson wins? Stann? Lietes? Dollaway? Belcher? Shot Mayhem? Dan Miller? LMAO cmon now none of those guys are top fighters and never were just look at their other performances especially in that time frame. Even then against like Stann Michael got hurt standing and had a tendency to panic wrestle against some of those guys. Against Kang too and prolly Kang is his best non Anderson win on paper and he wasnt even in his prime anymore.

Last edited:
He's not a legend. He doesn't have that legend list of accomplishments. He's a gatekeeper who never earned a title shot (beating an old Anderson and coming in on short notice doesn't count).

Whenever it was time to stop beating middle of the road journeymen and fight a title eliminator, he would choke and lose. He's also had some serious liabilities against top ten competition, namely he circles into power punches, backs straight up when rushed, and is hittable, while having no knockout power of his own. It's been problematic throughout his career.

The UFC has tried really hard to market him as a UK champion, but Bisping has had the troublesome habit of not winning. At least now he finally gets to retire having finally had his title shot, although I think it's long odds against a killer like Rockhold.

If he actually wins the title, great. But he's had an exceptionally rocky road. Those who think he has a stellar record need to watch the fights. He's never had a killer schedule like a GSP, Bones, BJ, Randy, Hughes, etc.

Bisping is a bona fide UFC legend. Want proof?

Top 10 UFC Career Fighter Earnings (Disclosed)

1 Michael Bisping* $6,189,000
2 Anderson Silva * $5,382,000
3 Georges St-Pierre* $4,457,000
4 Chuck Liddell* $4,380,000
5 Rashad Evans* $4,200,000
6 Jon Jones* $4,180,000
7 Tito Ortiz* $4,135,000
8 Vitor Belfort* $3,994,000
9 Lyoto Machida* $3,875,000
10 Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua* $3,730,000

*Are all peasants compared to McGOAT

Most wins in UFC bouts

Fighter W L D
Georges St. Pierre 19 2 0
Michael Bisping 18 7 0
Matt Hughes 18 7 0
Demian Maia 17 6 0
Jon Jones 16 1 0
Anderson Silva 16 3 0
Donald Cerrone 16 4 0
Chuck Liddell 16 7 0
Randy Couture 16 8 0
Gleison Tibau 16 9 0

That makes Paradigm sports management legends. Bisping is always Ranked 11.

Is Bisping even a top 20 MW of alltime?

This dude has been fighting in the division for 8 years and was never anything more than a bottom top 10 guy who continually got murked by the best in #1 contenders fights. U have guys whove competed in the division for a couple years whove picked up more top wins LMAO

Anderson
Luke
Weidman
Jacare
Hendo
Rich
Shale
Filho
Bustamante
Marquardt
Misaki
Okami
Lindland
Gegard
Robbie
Yoel
Shields
Maia
Lombard
Lyoto

were all better MWs than Bisping period.

Fail thread if I've ever seen one. Bisping will never be a legend of hall of fame dude.

If he wins the belt, then I'm gonna say yes he is. He is definitely a pioneer for european MMA though and no doubt a UFC HoFer.

Gatekeepers are "legends" now? Lol.

Bisping is not a legend at this point.

If he wins the title then I would consider him a legend in the following respects:

- top 3 all time UFC fights (he is #4 now and tied for third with Tibau when he faces Rockhold)
- defeated a guy on short notice for title, when that guy recently finished him
- first Englishman to win a UFC title
- GOAT jimmy rustler champion

He doesn't have any big victories outside of the Anderson Silva fight which could have been a stoppage.

Back