★ Bisping (and UFC) Say He's a Legend. Seriously?

When did Bisping become a legend?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
CPlkLxu.png

Before the fight with Silva, Bisping said:

"Anderson Silva will go down in mixed martial arts terms like a Muhammad Ali or Mike Tyson type figure....
It is Anderson Silva at the end of the day and he's a legend.... They say to become a legend you have to beat a legend."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/mma/2016...-anderson-silva-will-go-down-as-ali-or-tyson/

Pro: Bisping beat a legend
Pro: Bisping has a long UFC career
Pro: Bisping has a good W-L record (28-7)
Pro: Bisping has some top rankings for specific UFC records

Con: Bisping never won a belt
Con: Bisping has been a gatekeeper

Bisping has been around for a long ass time now.

He is a legend gatekeeper but still a legend.

Jesus Christ and George Washington are legends. Michael Bisping is an MMA fighter.

I think the term legend is thrown around too loosely these days. UFC use the term legend interchangeably with veteran IMO.

LMAO... He doesn't become a legend unless he wins the belt, and cleans out the division ???

Those are some pretty high standards. I can only think of about 4 fighters that are even in that category.

It says " legend ", not GOAT.

He's a legend in that he was the prototype for the UFCs expansion into the UK. They realized with him that feeding him cans then making him fight a contender is dangerous, because he might get KTFO constantly. So then when it came to grooming Conor, they made sure to just fast track it. Get a couple wins, be more of a loud mouth than Bisping was earlier in his career, and if he fights a contender make sure he doesn't get to train. Poor Bisping derailed the UFCs plans to give him a title shot so many times by actually fighting everyone that the UFC was able to learn that is not the way to make a superstar. Just based on his longevity though he's a shoe in for the HOF, if only because he got people in the UK talking about the UFC.

Bisping is a bona fide UFC legend. Want proof?

Top 10 UFC Career Fighter Earnings (Disclosed)

1 Michael Bisping* $6,189,000
2 Anderson Silva * $5,382,000
3 Georges St-Pierre* $4,457,000
4 Chuck Liddell* $4,380,000
5 Rashad Evans* $4,200,000
6 Jon Jones* $4,180,000
7 Tito Ortiz* $4,135,000
8 Vitor Belfort* $3,994,000
9 Lyoto Machida* $3,875,000
10 Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua* $3,730,000

*Are all peasants compared to McGOAT

Most wins in UFC bouts

Fighter W L D
Georges St. Pierre 19 2 0
Michael Bisping 18 7 0
Matt Hughes 18 7 0
Demian Maia 17 6 0
Jon Jones 16 1 0
Anderson Silva 16 3 0
Donald Cerrone 16 4 0
Chuck Liddell 16 7 0
Randy Couture 16 8 0
Gleison Tibau 16 9 0

In England, where soccer is big, any player that sticks to one team for a while, bad or good, is a legend :O

He's probably thinking along those lines.

He's been in some legendary fights. The H bomb from hell and recently andersons knee from hell were legendary moments for me as a fan. Even if he's on the wrong side of those moments it takes two to make a thing go right it takes two to make it outta site

Hit it!

I wanna rock right now
I'm The count and I came to get down
Hell yeah I'm internationally known
I'm known to rock the pillowfists
Because I get stoopid, I mean outrageous
Stay away from me if you're contagious
'Cause I'm the winner, no, I'm not the loser
To be an fighter is what I choose 'a
Ladies love me, girls adore me
I mean even the ones who never saw me
Like the way that I punch at a show
The reason why, man, I don't know
So let's go, 'cause

Last edited:
He's been in some legendary fights. The H bomb from hell and recently andersons knee from hell were legendary moments for me as a fan. Even if he's on the wrong side of those moments it takes two to make a thing go right it takes two to make it outta site

Hit it!

I wanna rock right now
I'm The count and I came to get down
Hell yeah I'm internationally known
I'm known to rock the pillowfists
Because I get stoopid, I mean outrageous
Stay away from me if you're contagious
'Cause I'm the winner, no, I'm not the loser
To be an fighter is what I choose 'a
Ladies love me, girls adore me
I mean even the ones who never saw me
Like the way that I punch at a show
The reason why, man, I don't know
So let's go, 'cause

You must be bored as shit. I wont lie though, I read the whole thing with the beat in my head. lol.

He might be a legend for being in the top 10 the longest while never earning a title shot.

LMAO... He doesn't become a legend unless he wins the belt, and cleans out the division ???

Those are some pretty high standards. I can only think of about 4 fighters that are even in that category.

It says " legend ", not GOAT.
Well low standards takes away most of the shine from the term "Legend" imo. If everyone is a legend then nobody is.

Back