News ⇨The Official Sanctioned Usyk-Bellew RBR Thread Nov. 10 (DAZN & Sky)⇦

Anything other than absolute domination every moment of the fight = exposed, overrated, loses to everyone moving forward.

Pretty easily got a stoppage win. What are we complaining about exactly? This reeks of Canelo/Khan.
And whats funny is that wasnt even Usyk’s worst fight, I didnt see the Briedis fight but I think he looked bad against Michael Hunter
OTOH, Usyk always starts slow & frankly seemed to be pissing about until he started to lower the boom. Going "Oh I can't see why Bellew fatigued" when he was throwing every ounce into every shot (which in no way landed as often as the sycophantic UK commentary's fantasies seemed to suggest) while Usyk just idled, waiting to draw his sting, seems a bit off to me.

Also, Bellew won like three rounds. Tops. Anyone who thought any outcome was gonna occur other than what eventually transpired after like, five rounds is either blind or Tony's Nan.

Bottom line is, Bellew got dismantled by a non-puncher who hardly threw a punch for the first three rounds. Usyk lost the first three against Hunter & Breidis, took ages to get going vs Huck & Gassiev. It's what he does. People are acting surprised at this, which is weird.
True

Even I was surprised Bellew did really well, it was only a matter of time before Usyk cruised to a decision or score a KO

People here acted like this was Usyk’s worst performance, mainly because theres a huge misconception that Usyk is a cruiserweight Lomachenko which is not true

And whats funny is that wasnt even Usyk’s worst fight, I didnt see the Briedis fight but I think he looked bad against Michael Hunter

True

Even I was surprised Bellew did really well, it was only a matter of time before Usyk cruised to a decision or score a KO

People here acted like this was Usyk’s worst performance, mainly because theres a huge misconception that Usyk is a cruiserweight Lomachenko which is not true

I think it was the Gassiev fight that did that. It was such a masterclass people thought Usyk was the second coming of Lomachenko in CW form. But a lot was to do with the fact that Gassiev was a tailor-made opponent for him. Slow plodding Gassiev made Fleetfooted Speedy Usyk look even faster and slicker than he already was.

Yeah, I think you can. You can eat a good shot or two and still win a round.

I mean, you guy don't think Usyk was being that dominant do you? Most everyone had Bellew winning most of the early rounds.
yeah but it was really the other way around, don't you think? bellew was the one who got touched up through most of the round and only managed to land a countering right once or twice off the ropes. he showboated, got punched a lot, and landed a single shot in return - and yet the commentators and the crowd were raving about how he's pulling ahead.

first round was dead even, could've gone either way since neither did anything, really. second and third were definitely tony's, but i gave the 4th and everything after that to usyk. bellew got walked down, put on the ropes, and reduced to single punch counters every 30 seconds. usyk just landed more and more in each consecutive round, until he finally put him away.

so i guess bellew won 3 rounds, had a competitive 4th, and lost everything after that dominantly. you're right, usyk wasn't dominant in the early rounds, but i don't know if losing 3 rounds and then taking over and trashing your opponent is really much to be criticised for.

WearyBlandHarborseal-size_restricted.gif

Yeah, I think he's a good guy, does well by his fighters and does a good job of promoting and making the fights happen. I think it could be cos he's a suit and because of his job as a promoter. Oh look here comes the dodgy ducker and diver Eddie 'Wideboy' Hearn. At this stage I think it's almost like panto boos as it's become so ritualised and he's the token baddie.
It's definitely a pantomime villain thing for Eddie Hearn, the fans would turn up to his Prizefighter shows, have a good drink, and then get into the spirit of the event which would of course include booing the bad guy. The UK love their baddies, and I actually wish more countries would support their own like that. Nearly all of his events result in the crowd singing along to popularised songs, looks like a lot of fun to me.

so i guess bellew won 3 rounds, had a competitive 4th, and lost everything after that dominantly. you're right, usyk wasn't dominant in the early rounds, but i don't know if losing 3 rounds and then taking over and trashing your opponent is really much to be criticised for.

Round 6 could have gone either way, too. Getting countered the way he did by a fighter of Bellew's quality is cause for some concern. Most didn't expect this fight being even a little bit competitive, and while the final result was never in doubt, a guy who is going to have to be reliant on his skill and defense at HW probably shouldn't be getting hit that much by a guy of Bellew's quality.

Finally found time to watch this. Really enjoyed it. Bellew made it interesting for a few rounds but just wasn’t in the same class. I haven’t read many of the comments here but I get the impression people are disappointed in Usyk. I thought he looked great. Bellew was classy afterwards. Don’t understand the hate he gets either.

Finally found time to watch this. Really enjoyed it. Bellew made it interesting for a few rounds but just wasn’t in the same class. I haven’t read many of the comments here but I get the impression people are disappointed in Usyk. I thought he looked great. Bellew was classy afterwards. Don’t understand the hate he gets either.

I agree and I don't think there is anyone disappointed in Usyk. 90 percent of the fans expected him to get a decision win thinking he doesn't have the power to put people out. He showed he will turn your lights off if you start to play that hands down defense game. If someone expected him to be some defensive wizard it was because they haven't seen his fights enough. He is nothing fancy. He is a basic boxer and got hit from every boxer he fought. Even against Gassiev in his career best performance he was hit with a massive bomb at the end of round 4. Didn't even flinch. Young, athletic and likes to keep his shoulders up. That helps him with the evasion or absorption of the follow up punch. You hit him clean only with your first punch. He knocked his opponent out without a scratch in his face. What can you say other than a brilliant peformance.

As for Bellew people can talk all they want but he is legit. Drain solid heavyweights and cruiserweights down to 175 and Adonis knocks most of them out. Bellew did just good at CW. He beat the shit out of David Haye and say all you want Haye was shot, he was still dangerous as only 5 years ago he was considered by most the best heavyweight in the world after Klitschko. Usyk has far better wins in his resume but Bellew is a good one no doubt about it.

@Badr Hari

I think a lot more than 10% of the fans predicted Usyk to stop Bellew late in the fight, it was the most common prediction I saw.

@Badr Hari

Ah I understand. I'm not sure if I read any predictions by fighters so maybe we're both right and wrong

Although in my experience fighters and trainers etc are rarely better at picking fights than anyone else

That was another quality win. Mike Hunter was another young dog in the division looking to break through to the top, and Usyk wasn't going to have a super easy time with him no matter what.

That was another quality win. Mike Hunter was another young dog in the division looking to break through to the top, and Usyk wasn't going to have a super easy time with him no matter what.
How come we dont see much from Hunter??

He looked good against Usyk, and by Usyk looking bad I meant Hunter gave Usyk a tough fight

How come we dont see much from Hunter??

He looked good against Usyk, and by Usyk looking bad I meant Hunter gave Usyk a tough fight
Not sure. I was hoping he'd be more present on the radar after the loss, but I guess that's why fighters don't want to lose, it kinda knocks them off the radar. Hopefully he gets another crack at a big fight soon.

Not sure. I was hoping he'd be more present on the radar after the loss, but I guess that's why fighters don't want to lose, it kinda knocks them off the radar. Hopefully he gets another crack at a big fight soon.
Hunter is campaigning at Heavyweight right now. He moved up.

Quick question for anyone: How was this a TKO rather than KO? He looked pretty unconscious to me...

Back