News ⇨The Official Sanctioned Usyk-Bellew RBR Thread Nov. 10 (DAZN & Sky)⇦

I wouldn't be surprised if Bellew admits at some point that the weight cut hurt him. That would explain why he seemed to fatigue so suddenly and why his punch resistance was poor. But it was a peach of a shot by Usyk. The other part of why Bellew fatigued was due to his strategy of moving and countering hard combined with a fair bit of head movement. As David Haye pointed out Bellew started at quite a fast pace and that could have emptied his gas tank a lot faster when it was already depleted. Really good tactics employed by Bellew to make Usyk look a bit poor in there. It didn't suit him to be chasing Bellew and he got caught with quite a few of those right hand counters. He took them well though.

Usyk
I wouldn't be surprised if Bellew admits at some point that the weight cut hurt him. That would explain why he seemed to fatigue so suddenly and why his punch resistance was poor. But it was a peach of a shot by Usyk. The other part of why Bellew fatigued was due to his strategy of moving and countering hard combined with a fair bit of head movement. As David Haye pointed out Bellew started at quite a fast pace and that could have emptied his gas tank a lot faster when it was already depleted. Really good tactics employed by Bellew to make Usyk look a bit poor in there. It didn't suit him to be chasing Bellew and he got caught with quite a few of those right hand counters. He took them well though.

Usyk just adjusted late until he started to crank it up in the 4th. The fact that Usyk’s jab could follow and push Bellew’s weight is obviously why Bellew was running around the ring solely relying on counters by the ropes. Did Bellew think he was Canelo?

Seeing Makabu and Stevenson take it was easy to assess how to beat Bellew. Bellew is very soft against Southpaws. Usyk is huge. It doesn’t matter if Bellew was a LHW to HW he would not beat USYK.

USYK was working Gassiev who is an extremely more powerful hitter than Bellew.

OTOH, Usyk always starts slow & frankly seemed to be pissing about until he started to lower the boom. Going "Oh I can't see why Bellew fatigued" when he was throwing every ounce into every shot (which in no way landed as often as the sycophantic UK commentary's fantasies seemed to suggest) while Usyk just idled, waiting to draw his sting, seems a bit off to me.

Also, Bellew won like three rounds. Tops. Anyone who thought any outcome was gonna occur other than what eventually transpired after like, five rounds is either blind or Tony's Nan.

Bottom line is, Bellew got dismantled by a non-puncher who hardly threw a punch for the first three rounds. Usyk lost the first three against Hunter & Breidis, took ages to get going vs Huck & Gassiev. It's what he does. People are acting surprised at this, which is weird.

but can you win rounds while getting your ass kicked? after the 4th, bellew did nothing but counter with single shots off the ropes.

THIS.

I will add, "Bellew did nothing but counter with single shots" while being worked over & pasted & visibly hurt nearly every round.

OTOH, Usyk always starts slow & frankly seemed to be pissing about until he started to lower the boom. Going "Oh I can't see why Bellew fatigued" when he was throwing every ounce into every shot (which in no way landed as often as the sycophantic UK commentary's fantasies seemed to suggest) while Usyk just idled, waiting to draw his sting, seems a bit off to me.

Also, Bellew won like three rounds. Tops. Anyone who thought any outcome was gonna occur other than what eventually transpired after like, five rounds is either blind or Tony's Nan.

Bottom line is, Bellew got dismantled by a non-puncher who hardly threw a punch for the first three rounds. Usyk lost the first three against Hunter & Breidis, took ages to get going vs Huck & Gassiev. It's what he does. People are acting surprised at this, which is weird.
No I was saying I know why Bellew fatigued. I think Usyk was doing more than just idling, he was properly flustered by some of those right hands he was taking. I think it was a combination of Usyk being a slow starter and Bellew having a quick start. I always thought Usyk would get going and sweep the final 2/3 of the fight but I didn't expect him to knock Bellew out cold like he did. Great finish.

Last edited:

i agree with most of what you said, but i think calling usyk a non-puncher is a bit unfair to both of them. he has a 75% KO ratio.

sure, he doesn't have the concussive one-punch power some guys have, but his accuracy is just stupid and his volume is something to behold. he mostly overwhelms people and they go down from the accumulation of blows, but he does have some sting on his punches. not a monstrous puncher by any stretch, but non-puncher seems a bit harsh.

i agree with most of what you said, but i think calling usyk a non-puncher is a bit unfair to both of them. he has a 75% KO ratio.

sure, he doesn't have the concussive one-punch power some guys have, but his accuracy is just stupid and his volume is something to behold. he mostly overwhelms people and they go down from the accumulation of blows, but he does have some sting on his punches. not a monstrous puncher by any stretch, but non-puncher seems a bit harsh.
Yeah Usyk can definitely punch harder than he's given credit for. I think a lot of that is due to his movement heavy style, he seldom stops and plants his feet. This time when he had Bellew on the ropes like a sitting duck he sat down and landed the heavy shots.

eh, he had to cash in on the momentum from those 2 fights.
And get sparked out by an insanely talented fighter? He had no plans on continuing his career after this. Other than ego, what's the point? I respect the whole legacy thing, and I'm sure he got a nice pay cheque, but he could have fought an easier fight for similar pay. Fair play to him though.

And get sparked out by an insanely talented fighter? He had no plans on continuing his career after this. Other than ego, what's the point? I respect the whole legacy thing, and I'm sure he got a nice pay cheque, but he could have fought an easier fight for similar pay. Fair play to him though.
I suspect because he now has bragging rights that he fought one of the P4P greats. He can tell his kids how he was 3 rounds up against the great Usyk. Similar to how Hatton went out taking on Mayweather and Pacquiao and got starched in both. But at least he got to say he fought the best of his day. Khan too can say he fought Canelo. And Brook can tell of the time he was beating GGG and Spence in his bouts. The result is sort of inconsequential, as just being in there to compete will earn kudos when they are in there against the absolute elite of the sport. Sort of here's a medal for taking part. I imagine apart from Salido that's how most of Lomachenko's opponents feel.

Usyk is smooth, he was landing a lot of clean shots the last 2 rounds of the fight. Great KO/KD, he was clearly done.

Also lol @ Khan being booed hard.

Usyk is smooth, he was landing a lot of clean shots the last 2 rounds of the fight. Great KO/KD, he was clearly done.

Also lol @ Khan being booed hard.

Yeah I chuckled when I heard the boos for Khan. I'd like to think that's it's because he ducking Kell Brook.

Yeah I chuckled when I heard the boos for Khan. I'd like to think that's it's because he ducking Kell Brook.

In every British card I have seen in the last like 5 years, and they have shown him in the crowd, he is always booed.

In every British card I have seen in the last like 5 years, and they have shown him in the crowd, he is always booed.

It’s because he is universally hated in the UK for being an absolute cunt of a human being.

I can’t say exactly what I think about him as I’d get banned.

Hope the Brook fight is made and Kell puts a severe beating on the scum bag.

I wonder who gets booed more Khan or Eddie Hearn?

It’s because he is universally hated in the UK for being an absolute cunt of a human being.

I can’t say exactly what I think about him as I’d get banned.

Hope the Brook fight is made and Kell puts a severe beating on the scum bag.

Yeah I really want this fight to happen so Kell can put Khan on ice and make him do the stanky dance.

I wonder who gets booed more Khan or Eddie Hearn?

hearn getting booed is so weird to me. he seems like a good chap, he takes good care of his fighters, and he's genuinely hilarious. do people hate him just because he's a suit?

hearn getting booed is so weird to me. he seems like a good chap, he takes good care of his fighters, and he's genuinely hilarious. do people hate him just because he's a suit?
Yeah, I think he's a good guy, does well by his fighters and does a good job of promoting and making the fights happen. I think it could be cos he's a suit and because of his job as a promoter. Oh look here comes the dodgy ducker and diver Eddie 'Wideboy' Hearn. At this stage I think it's almost like panto boos as it's become so ritualised and he's the token baddie.

I'd bet he got a pretty solid payday for this.

but can you win rounds while getting your ass kicked? after the 4th, bellew did nothing but counter with single shots off the ropes.
Yeah, I think you can. You can eat a good shot or two and still win a round.

I mean, you guy don't think Usyk was being that dominant do you? Most everyone had Bellew winning most of the early rounds.

I'd bet he got a pretty solid payday for this.
Don't get me wrong, from a fan perspective I LOVE that he took the fight. It was entertaining, and from a fight nerd viewpoint it was great to watch and analyze. But Tony keeps talking about his family, and staying healthy and retiring, if that's the most important thing in his life, why scramble you brains on the way out? You got 2 fat cheques from the Haye fights.

I already know what the answer is, he's a warrior, it's in his DNA, it's what made him such a good fighter in the first place etc, but I have to ask the question. And I also have to ask was it worth it from his pov?

Back