Crime “Pharma Bro” Martin Shkreli sentenced to seven years.

I bet it gets reduced upon appeal but still.... he's finally humbled, I guess.
That's pretty uncommon for a sentence to get reduced on direct appeal unless the sentencing judge did something very unusual. Nothing to indicate that she did-its maybe a little over the recommended sentence for securities fraud/theft of that magnitude. If there is a challenge it'll probably be on the basis that he attempted to return funds before he got caught. But he was already being investigated at that point so it won't help much if at all.

Shrelki has been in a maximum security prison ever since the judge revoked his bond last year. Dunno if he's returning there, but he's had a taste at least.
I'm pretty sure it's beyond sentencing guidelines. We'll see
7 years is within guidelines for an offense level of 27-28 without a criminal history.

The estimated loss of 10.5 million gets you to an offense level 26 or 27 on it's own under 2b1.1. (He doesnt get credit for making them whole because he didnt until people started asking questions.) At that point you're at most a month over the guidelines, so there's not much there. And because it's securities fraud there are a couple arguably applicable enhancements.

What's your basis for thinking it's over the guidelines (and the court abused it's discretion by going over the guidelines)?
There was no loss to investors in the end, he paid them all back, they were made whole. So we shall see.

Shrelki lost his appeal. 7 years stands - he didn't even bother challenging the length of his sentence. How tastes my big knowledgable pp?

Bonus:
Bet we see him in 3 years or less, dude is still going to have plenty of money when he gets out and he'll be fine on the inside.
Pfft like hes really gonna do 7 years ! Its trumps america now son welcome to serfdom

What an evil douchebag. Fuck him. I hope he needs a medication some day that is beyond his financial means.

I wonder how much preferential treatment he will get from our conservative and archaic justice system for being rich. I'm guessing he will go to one of those kush rich person prisons and get out in half the time of his sentence.

Every time I see this smug fuckface I have the lyrics to Rage Against The Machine "darkness" running in my head.

AIDS is killing the entire African nation
And a vaccine is still supposedly under preparation
But these governments, they don't mind their procrastination
They say, "We'll kill them off, take their land and go there for vacation."

Every time I see this smug fuckface I have the lyrics to Rage Against The Machine "darkness" running in my head.

I just kinda want to put him in the pot that Rammstein puts their keyboardist in during Mein Teil:

Only without any safety steps taken.

I wonder how much preferential treatment he will get from our conservative and archaic justice system for being rich. I'm guessing he will go to one of those kush rich person prisons and get out in half the time of his sentence.

Making spaghetti and meatballs with a unique system of splitting the garlic with a razor blade instead of using oil on the pan. It’s a very good system

Out in 3.5. Id go to the pen for 3.5 years with millions in offshore accounts for when I get out

I need to ask, how in the world did you find this old thread with the search function busted?

To be honest I am not sure how.
I am on lunch at work and kinda hungover.

I thought it was front page in the War Room
and I remembered that guy bought a whole wutang album so I looked up what happened to it and posted story.

To be honest I am not sure how.
I am on lunch at work and kinda hungover.

I thought it was front page in the War Room
and I remembered that guy bought a whole wutang album so I looked up what happened to it and posted story.

Ah gotcha. Probably did some sort of alphabetical sort rather than last post sort (happens to me sometimes too) and the quotes at the begining of the thread name pushed it all the way up above anything starting with A

This dude ran up the price on terminal folk.

Would be some wonderful irony if a prisoner passed him the HIV.

They didn't invent HIV just to cure it. It's supposed to kill people.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/19/1100019063/pharma-bro-martin-shkreli-been-released-from-prison

While he was head of Turing Pharmaceuticals, Shkreli notoriously raised the price of the life-saving drug Daraprim, an antiparasitic medication commonly used by AIDS patients and others with suppressed immune systems, from $13.50 per pill to $750. The move drew fierce backlash, but even with the approval of a generic version in 2020, the price per pill is still above $700 today, according to Drugs.com.

His conviction was all bullshit

He is funny on podcasts less of a jerk than the media would lead you to believe.

Last edited:
Did any of the tracks from that Wu-Tang album ever leak?

Back