Zuffa is stunting the growth of MMA

goldentoe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know people will come in here and proclaim mma would not be anything with out them and to an exstent it is true but the facts are The UFC and Zuffa are stunting the growth of mma.

It has gotten to a point where the way Zuffa is running its companies mainly the UFC that the growth of the UFC is stunting the growth of MMA as a whole.

As a business man I understand that Zuffa wants to make as much money as they can, they are interested in paying fighters anymore money then they think they have to. great for ZUFFA but bad for everyone else not an owner of zuffa. If Zuffa keeps being greedy with its profits the sport will not attract new talent.

ZUffa also does not value the compitition of the fight and rewards drama over talent. which again is good for them in the short term but hurts mma as a whole.

lmao.
Sure buddy. "Business man"

Zuffa is spending a lot of money expanding into new countries. They're spending money building headquarters, they're spending money lobbying to get into states that ban the cage.

If Zuffa is rewarding drama over talent, that gives other organisations the perfect opportunity to load up on talent.

Really breaking new ground with this theory, huh?

How, Zuffa is expanding mma?

I know people will come in here and proclaim mma would not be anything with out them and to an exstent it is true but the facts are The UFC and Zuffa are stunting the growth of mma.

It has gotten to a point where the way Zuffa is running its companies mainly the UFC that the growth of the UFC is stunting the growth of MMA as a whole.

As a business man I understand that Zuffa wants to make as much money as they can, they are interested in paying fighters anymore money then they think they have to. great for ZUFFA but bad for everyone else not an owner of zuffa. If Zuffa keeps being greedy with its profits the sport will not attract new talent.

ZUffa also does not value the compitition of the fight and rewards drama over talent. which again is good for them in the short term but hurts mma as a whole.

Can I buy pot from you?

Well then the competitors should maybe pay more to attract the talent?
Since Zuffa does not pay it should be easy for other orgs to attract the fighters by paying them good money.

How, Zuffa is expanding mma?

Zuffa is expanding UFC which is their brand. By expanding their brand they expand mma.
A lot of people got to know about UFC and therefor mma via TUF.

Your "fact' are opinions. UFC is bringing MMA to countries where MMA isn't popular like China, India, Mexico, Russia, Germany, etc.

Well then the competitors should maybe pay more to attract the talent?
Since Zuffa does not pay it should be easy for other orgs to attract the fighters by paying them good money.

^^^^^^^
what he said

Yeah, Zuffa hasn't done anything to popularize MMA, like working out deals with FOX so that MMA is shown regularly on network TV and basic cable, working with legislators to bring MMA to more states than ever before, expanding to more and more countries every year for events that are broadcast worldwide... should I go on? No company in the world has done anything close to what Zuffa/the UFC has done to make MMA more popular and more accessible for as many people as possible.

And if the UFC treats its fighters so poorly and pays them such paltry wages, why does virtually every talented fighter in the world end up signing with them and staying with them as long as they can?

The UFC may not be perfect, but it the majority of the time it pays the best of any organization, it's done a lot to popularize the sport and it does a lot to protect and ensure the health and safety of its fighters.

Considering Zuffa is the primary company behind lobbying for MMA to 'expand' to New York, is increasing it's international shows and creating new avenues to see Zuffa owned content (MMA from UFC, Pride, Strikeforce etc.) I hardly see them as stunting the growth.

Zuffa doesn't reward drama over talent, consumers do. For every bit of drama on a card, there are ten other fighters you're neglecting, which are being paid some of the best rates in MMA.

Have all your business' failed, TS?

Personally I think they used to have a great formula. Have the occasional card on a basic cable channel with a PPV once or twice a month, with the prelims on said basic cable channel. It was simple, it was working.

This new approach they have is fucking everything up. Now they got their "free" cards on a premium sports channel, with the prelims on an even more premium sports channel. But that's only sometimes. Sometimes they are on network, now there's a card exclusively on Fight Pass. Some of the prelims are on fight pass. It's so fucking confusing now.

It's so hard to keep track of, you have to be seriously hardcore to know where to watch what. They have completely alienated the casual fan imo.

From another thread here are some nuggets of TS:

The ufc gets away with paying so little for the reasons kids in china are paid 12 cents to make nikes.

Kids workingbin sweat shops and ufc fighters are both underpaid because the people setting their wages have all the leverage.

What is your point? I think kids in china should make more then they do also. Im guessing you think they should just go make shoes for another company if they dont like their pay?

the ufc is top dog because of luck and greed. They are stunting the growth of mma as a whole to better the ufc brand.

if you somehow find logic between pro fighters in the UFC and child workers in sweatshops... well, no reason to argue with you.

From another thread here are some nuggets of TS:

if you somehow find logic between pro fighters in the UFC and child workers in sweatshops... well, no reason to argue with you.

this is pretty pathetic of you:icon_neut

Lol @ business man.

More lol @ the quotes from another thread

Even more lol @ my dog messing up my comforter again and knowing I won't do shit.

There's shit threads and there's shitter threads.

And then there's this thread.

hey TS, selling oranges on the side of a freeway, does not make you a business man.

Zuffa doesn't care about MMA, they only care about their own product (UFC). If they had a choice to eliminate every fighter on the planet outside of the UFC from ever fighting again, they'd do it. Zuffa isn't in the business to improve MMA, they feel no obligation to help MMA. They're in the business to make money and that means making sure there are no good fighters outside of the UFC, no good organizations except for the UFC and the ones they own. They're no different than Microsoft or any other large company competing with other large companies, trying to create a monopoly so they can squeeze more money out of their product. The only reason they try to improve their own product is because of competition. If the UFC was the only organization out there they'd kill MMA. They'd ask people to pay more, they'd put up less (attractive) events, they'd pay the fighters less, they'd have full power over everything and in the end you'd have guys quitting and less people go into MMA. Stupid thread...

Back