Zuffa Boxing Launches in October: "Everybody Wants to Work with Us"

Are you optimistic White can fix the boxing industry?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dana White Throws His Hat in the Ring

UFC President Has Big Plans to "Completely Revamp the Boxing Industry"

UFC President Dana White has been teasing a move into the boxing industry for years. From the sounds of it, the time is finally upon us.

According to a report from Mike Coppinger of The Athletic Boxing, White recently made an important executive hire for Zuffa Boxing — though it’s not clear who he hired.

“Sources tell @TheAthleticBOX Dana White has hired a person to run his boxing division (unofficially referred to as Zuffa Boxing) as UFC president looks to enter the space. It’s unknown who the hire is, but person will be tasked with helping Dana make boxing venture a major player” – Mike Coppinger on Twitter

Shaun Al-Shatti, a writer for The Athletic MMA, then followed up with Dana White. White explained that the targeted timeframe for Zuffa Boxing’s launch is October.

“Asked Dana White about this today. He confirmed a key hire has been made and said he’s targeting October for the launch of Zuffa Boxing. He wouldn’t attach a name to the hire, but I asked if it was someone boxing fans would be very familiar with: ‘I don’t think so. No.'” – Shaun Al-Shatti on Twitter.

White confirmed these reports from Coppinger and Al-Shatti in an interview with MMA Junkie.

“I’m hoping October,” White said. “[The new hire] be sitting in his office in October. I’m building his office right now. It’ll be done soon, and hopefully he’ll be sitting at it in October.”

With Zuffa Boxing, Dana White plans to completely revamp the boxing industry.

“I’m going to break the model and rebuild it,” he claimed. “The model is broken, we all know it. Everybody knows it. You don’t have to be a (expletive) rocket scientist to figure that out. The model is broken, it needs to be fixed, and we’ll see if I’m the guy to do it.

“Listen, I told you guys a year ago, however long ago it was – two years, I don’t remember – but I’m getting into boxing,” White said. “I needed to take my time, do my homework. I’ve met with literally everybody who’s anybody out there. There’s still a couple more coming. I got a meeting with a couple of English guys and we’ve pretty much talked to and met with everybody. Everybody wants to work with us. Everybody wants to be a part of it, everybody was more excited and open-minded than I expected, and I’m feeling pretty optimistic.”

-BJPenn.com

Last edited:
Conor vs Floyd 2 first event confirmed

Hopefully Dana shows everyone how it's done.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-24-at-11.08.22.png

Who are they realistically gonna sign? How will they be able to pay enough top notch boxers enough to join up?

This will likely resemble bkfc more than elite level boxing lol

<{nope}>
Honestly I dont want to see it, Dana wont be able to promote MMA as much because he will be balls deep into boxing.

Last edited:
Who are they realistically gonna sign? How will they be able to pay enough top notch boxers enough to join up?

The last bare knuckle event did like 783 million buys.

Dana already said they're not working with sanctioning bodies, right? So it'll be a bunch of nobodies and MMA washouts

Elite level boxing consists of one fight you want to see and a bunch of underpaid guys on the undercard. Shouldn't be that hard.

so blazed and tired I can’t really focus my eyes

on first glance I was happy to read that Zuffa was finally starting its boxed lunch program

Last edited:
There's a shit ton of boxers who out-earn the vast majority of MMA fighters. No one makes shit in either sport until they're fairly high up the ladder, but once you're fairly high up the ladder, the pendulum swings heavily toward favoring the boxing payscale vs. the UFC payscale. I wouldn't be considering boxing for Zuffa if I was a boxer.

doesn’t Dana’s son do ammy boxing?

my cynical side is thinking this whole thing could be baked around that

totally uninformed, here

I would like to see UFC fighters cross over into Zuffa boxing. These would be some fun fights to put on.

dana will be shocked after he realizes boxers don't accept pennies as payments
<31>

DAZN has exclusive rights with Canelo, and you don't think dana can get top talent?

lol

Back