YouTube videos won't post using media link

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I add a YouTube video using the media link, the video shows up for an instant when I come to my post but changes to not available watch on YouTube. I thought it might be because of some containing NFL content but it seems to be any YouTube video. I'll try to add a couple here to see if they work.

The one that didn't work is id=haGZ96LyB0I;list=TLPQMTAxMTIwMjJujfmFt_lYww

Last edited:

Last edited:
Yeah I'm having same issue is this on ur laptop?

Yeah I'm having same issue is this on ur laptop?

Yes it is.I don't think it's a problem on my end because some of the YouTube videos will work. It seems like it might be that YouTube creators can block content from being played elsewhere or Sherdog is blocking them. Some will be captioned watch on YouTube while others are just captioned as unavailable when they are still available on YouTube.

Yes it is.I don't think it's a problem on my end because some of the YouTube videos will work. It seems like it might be that YouTube creators can block content from being played elsewhere or Sherdog is blocking them. Some will be captioned watch on YouTube while others are just captioned as unavailable when they are still available on YouTube.

Do you have the same issue with still image for the videos?

When I add a YouTube video using the media link, the video shows up for an instant when I come to my post but changes to not available watch on YouTube. I thought it might be because of some containing NFL content but it seems to be any YouTube video. I'll try to add a couple here to see if they work.

The one that didn't work is id=haGZ96LyB0I;list=TLPQMTAxMTIwMjJujfmFt_lYww

I am seeing what you're seeing, when I open or refresh the thread, the video appears to be available for a split second then it says video is unavailable as if it was removed.

I am not sure why this is happening.

When you are pasting the link, are you just taking the URL then pasting in the reply box or pasting it as a media embed?

It's working above by copying the id part of the url (haGZ96LyB0I)

I am seeing what you're seeing, when I open or refresh the thread, the video appears to be available for a split second then it says video is unavailable as if it was removed.

I am not sure why this is happening.

When you are pasting the link, are you just taking the URL then pasting in the reply box or pasting it as a media embed?

I copy the URL and paste it in the box for the media link. I have tried just posting the URL so anybody could go to YouTube but that

It's working above by copying the id part of the url (haGZ96LyB0I)

I never noticed that before. I will try that next time it happens. I wonder if the list suffix is because it was part of a YouTube list. The other video that did post was on the same list. I have noticed it on other posters videos also.

I edited the link in my posts and they work now. Thanks for the help.

I just checked and it looks like if I save a video to my play list, it has that suffix. so I either need to open the video in a new tab without adding it to my list or crop the suffix off.

Back