Youtube: No more free 3 videos per day

Some people ITT don't seem to realise how insane Youtube ads are. I had to watch without adblocker because I was blocked, and ads were interrupting consistently every few minutes throughout hour long videos. In one 10 minute video there were like 10 pairs of obnoxious ad breaks, it's unwatcable. Way worse than cable because of the format and that's bad enough.

I've got a premium account and its awesome. Everyone has 80 streaming services they don't watch but pay for anyway but heaven forbid you actually pay for the thing you watch all day so it works correctly.

It was awesome when it was free but sadly that shits not coming back.
The thing is, why should we have to pay for content that they don't produce. Youtube hosts videos, that's it, it's the users that do everything else. It's not like HBO and Netflix were they actually make a product. I wouldn't even have an issue with a few ads here and there, but they are forcing you to buy a premium account for 20 bucks with how grotesque their ad spamming is. Gtfo.

Last edited:
Is this a Canadian rule as well? I haven't had one problem with my ad-blocker activated.

It seems like most having issues are actually logging into yt and/or using an app via mobile. I can't recall the last time I've actually seen an ad on there. Lately, I have had a few instances of yt attempting to play an ad, but instead the screen goes black very briefly(less than a second), then the video I'm trying to watch plays like normal.

Personally, with adblock, I've been getting black screen with skipping ads prompt about a week ago whereas it used to simply go straight to the videos. Today, I got the page that says youtube doesn't allow adblock, but it still works and the backscreen prompt is gone.

Youtube has replaced cable TV for me as it is what I watch primarily other than movies. If there is no other ways around the ads, I may consider getting premium.

I pay for it. Peasants.

Seriously though I use it to much and have no time for ads.

I've had premium since it became available. Well worth the money

Reactions: Zer
Lolz i remember when i watched tv and couldnt skip over 1min of ads haha, then got spoiled by streaming and youtube

I gave in and just disabled AdBlock. Now I have to sit through 90-second mobile game commercials. Bastards.

Back