YouTube Just Got Crappier

They've injected ads into shorts so now when you're scrolling you'll end up with sponsored ads just like the long form videos. Also for some reason they took away the ability to report short channels or select "don't recommend this." Just when you think they can't get shittier, they come up with new ideas.
Premium is worth it, plus it comes with Youtube music so I just pay for that and dropped Spotify a while back.

This is what happens when a company has a monopoly. Eventually, taking this for granted, they'll erode it to a point the previously unthinkable becomes possible, and a competitor is suddenly viable.
The circle of life. Get as much as you can and fuck the future.

The descending into tik tok with the short form quick videos has to be a way to get clicks and views up to compete. Imho

I've noticed their unskippable ads have gone from 15 seconds to 30 recently
You can pay a small fee to have zero ads.

Are you poor or stupid.

They've injected ads into shorts so now when you're scrolling you'll end up with sponsored ads just like the long form videos. Also for some reason they took away the ability to report short channels or select "don't recommend this." Just when you think they can't get shittier, they come up with new ideas.
See above for ad solution.

The problem with YouTube is the censorship, but everything that is missing can be found on Rumble.

crybabies or what?

See above for ad solution.

The problem with YouTube is the censorship, but everything that is missing can be found on Rumble.

crybabies or what?
I don't feel like paying a small fee, they're already making assloads of cash

Reactions: N13
I don't feel like paying a small fee, they're already making assloads of cash
Then they make money from your ass by making you watch and wait during those advertisements.

YouTube gives you 30 days for free. Try it. If you do, you'll never go back. Their marketing strategy worked on me.

I'm probably done with the site. They nuked a really good podcast channel for no reason and without warning as well. I usually use it for music but I'll have to switch to Spotify or something.

They nuke the legion of skanks channel every time it's about to hit whatever milestone it is where they'd have to send a plaque (50k subs, I think?)

Real greaseball shit.

That scrolling shit has to be terrible for your mind. I quit a while ago, just came to the realization that the majority of it is shit and I’ll scroll for 30-40 mins without seeing anything that’s remotely entertaining, just mindless shit.

If scrolling doesn’t absolutely murder people’s attention spans I would be very surprised.

They nuke the legion of skanks channel every time it's about to hit whatever milestone it is where they'd have to send a plaque (50k subs, I think?)

Real greaseball shit.

Then pranksters who essentially just harass people in public can build massive followings on there all day long. It’s sad.

People’s standards for entertainment is at an all time low i feel like.

The worst part about YouTube is that the best search algorithm on the internet owns it but searching for something is fucking terrible. When I search for something I'll get a few results, everything else is "recommended", "similiar", or "other people watched this." Why the hell doesn't it function like a Google search?

That scrolling shit has to be terrible for your mind. I quit a while ago, just came to the realization that the majority of it is shit and I’ll scroll for 30-40 mins without seeing anything that’s remotely entertaining, just mindless shit.

If scrolling doesn’t absolutely murder people’s attention spans I would be very surprised.
It promotes thought patterns that lead to or worsen existing mental illness. It's pretty fucked tbh.

uBlock Origin works. YT seems to be experimenting with slowing down some random users. Just like the adblock popup rollout, they don't seem to be rolling out the slowdown to everyone at once. They're crafty little fucks. They know that if everyone is hit at once, everyone will be outraged and boycott or band together to find a solution. By trickling it down slowly, they hope each person will individually get frustrated, give up and pay for the premium service.

Yeah they've been doing the adds on shorts for a minute. What pisses me off is how they fucking know when I'm in the shower and start playing bizarre 15 minute + adds. Have to poke skip add thru the shower ffs.
Never going to get on board with this verbal fad.

Describing a denomination of time with a wrong denomination of time.

-> for a WHILE. See? Better.

I've noticed their unskippable ads have gone from 15 seconds to 30 recently
Yeah very true, the ads are double the amount of time now and sometimes even longer than double. Its becoming a chore and frustrating to try and watch a 2 or 3 minute video just to wait that long. I was watching a 2:50 video earlier and the unskippable ad was 34 minutes long, it was supposed to be a 30 second ad but as soon as it got to the last second it just kind of froze on the same part.

People will say just be patient, but the thing is though.. where is this gonna stop? it started with ads you could skip instantly.. then it was 5 second ads, then some 6 or 7 seconds ads, then 15 seconds, and now its 30+ second ads. So where is it gonna end?, next it will be 1 minute ads and so on and so on....

I miss when Youtube had no rules. (Pretty much literally)
<{JustBleed}>

It's so over-regulated now, it's insane.
Shiet true, I remember watching a video of peoples who jumped out of the twins towers on 9/11 with the song ''It's raining men''

Never going to get on board with this verbal fad.

Describing a denomination of time with a wrong denomination of time.

-> for a WHILE. See? Better.
Oh look it's the president of slang or whatever. Look, I'm 42 years old and you simply don't get to tell me how to talk. So utterly pretentious. If you don't like my posts put me on ignore but I'm NEVER changing a damn thing for some smug stranger.

By all means go on thinking you're better than other people because you grew up in either a different area or time period. Tribalism with absolutely no logical basis is such an intelligent trait for a grown man to have.

Back