Opinion YouTube demonetizing leftist sites

This sort of stuff has been happening in Lefttube for some time. The difference is leftists don't play the victim and claim there's a big conspiracy out to get them. Conservatives think they're the only ones being targeted because they are in a echo chamber presumably.

But the TS, as usual is being a smartass. He knows his premise is bullshit and is just needling us. The big tech companies are much more likely to punish conservatives and to do so harshly. If a few libshits get canned along the way thats just collateral damage. And when life gives leftwing idiots lemons they make lemonade so in this case he is going to use it to gaslight us and pretend that the left is getting it worse.

This sort of stuff has been happening in Lefttube for some time. The difference is leftists don't play the victim and claim there's a big conspiracy out to get them. Conservatives think they're the only ones being targeted because they are in a echo chamber presumably.
"Leftists don't play the victim."

giphy.webp

Ppl supporting ban on free speech are now surprise there’s censorship in social media?

Can’t make this thing up...

Dude the campaign against the project veritas video was crazy. Every site tracked it down and banned it.

Can’t have executives get caught saying how they are going to use their platforms to affect the elections
Looks like the libtards were right. It was just a conspiracy.

A conspiracy by Google to meddle in the election.

Youtube isn't "becoming" a commercial outlet. It's been one since Google bought it in 2006.

It literally actively promotes Vox in recommendations, the least manly channel in YT history

Shit, try being a gun channel....

Cmon son, liberal bias hahahahahaha

It literally actively promotes Vox in recommendations, the least manly channel in YT history

Shit, try being a gun channel....

Cmon son, liberal bias hahahahahaha

In terms of the OP, gun channels and recommendations, it doesn't look like they are hugely effected.
I'm always getting recommended videos I have no interest in from Americans ranting about guns, presumably because I watch Forgotten Weapons.

In terms of the OP, gun channels and recommendations, it doesn't look like they are hugely effected.
I'm always getting recommended videos I have no interest in from Americans ranting about guns, presumably because I watch Forgotten Weapons.
Even FW got temporarily demonetized, IIRC, and that's almost museum level in portrayel

I've never been effected personally on my YT on Xbox by the recommendations thing, I always get notified of new vids also so I dont personally see those complaints

What people will find out is it is not conservative or liberals being silenced, but rather, people outside the corporate power structure. Seeing what Vox did to both liberal and non liberal creators shows you where the power is at. Let's hope Yang gets in and unites the country, stops this right vs left BS and confronts the coming AI storm realistically, which will make this right vs left bs look like child's play.

Then we can expect full support from the Democratic Party once these antitrust investigations get rolling?

That’s what I was thinking. Seems like we all agree that Google needs to get raped. What’s the holdup?

Even FW got temporarily demonetized, IIRC, and that's almost museum level in portrayel

I've never been effected personally on my YT on Xbox by the recommendations thing, I always get notified of new vids also so I dont personally see those complaints

Yeah, monetisation and recommendations are separate issues, but from memory FW was demonetised for having the swastika in their thumbnail for weapons from Nazi Germany and also for having direct links to firearms retailers (mostly the auction houses' items lists).
Making money on Youtube is barely viable these days though, precisely because the advertisers have said popularity shouldn't be the sole determinant of them spending their advertising budget on a video or having their product/services associated with it. Ian doesn't disclose his finances, but I'm pretty certain the majority of his funding would be from Patreon. That's certainly the case with any smaller channels (from memory Ian and Karl turned off the Youtube advertising revenue on Inrange altogether). Merchandise and sponsored content are other options. A lot of previously popular youtube channels have gone subscription and used other hosting services (mostly automotive channels as far as I've seen).
It'll be a similar system to commercial/cable TV, where stations relying on advertising have very strict content regulations and those based purely on subscription fees can have broader content (based more on popularity). Youtube did try a subscription based service (Youtube Premium/Red), but it seems to be a failure and I don't think any of the revenue was going to regular content creators.

Youtube will be just like cable TV before we know it. Time for independent journalists to branch out and start looking for/laying the groundwork for the next avenue.
This. The snowflake brigade on the right is too fixated on their own victim narrative to see the bigger picture and what's really going on.

This. The snowflake brigade on the right is too fixated on their own victim narrative to see the bigger picture and what's really going on.
They were always going to adjust their structure when they got the proper amount of purchase in the market.

So what you're saying is, YouTube will come down on anyone who ruffles enough feathers?

This is not hard to believe.

They've still silenced a huge number more right wingers than left. Is that because lefties spam the report button more or because there is a conspiracy by the lefties in charge of media outlets? Idk.

So for years now youtube has been banning, silencing and demonetizing so-called conservative youtubers and according to liberals that is youtube's prerogative as to how they manage their platform. Yet when two liberal youtubers get "censored" suddenly it is a big conspiracy against liberals? Hypocrisy thy name is Sherdog, smh.

Youtube hates alt-media because main stream media tells them to hate alt-media becuase MSM is afraid of alt-media.

Back