• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You're headed into the biggest fight of your life...

some really really low class trashy ultra-violent rap music

I'm not gonna post it because the old timers on here would judge me

So that's where you draw the line of integrity.. intradasting.. :)

You listed a few bands there that use harsh vocals though lmao. Slayer and Pantera, and even early Metallica was more of a screaming style than much singing.

Motorhead has hardsh vocals as well, even if that's genuinely just his voice. Don't know how far Slipknot has moved past it, but there earlier stuff was a lot of yelling.

So your point isn't that you dislike screaming/growling/rough vocals, but just that certain vocalists don't work for you? So why make it derogatory?
Only like 1/2 of Slayer is screaming. Early Metallivs wasnt really screaming either.

Only like 1/2 of Slayer is screaming. Early Metallivs wasnt really screaming either.

Early Metallica mixed a blend of generic thrash high-register singing with high-register screaming.

My point was simply that it's kind of wild to be like "it seems like you're trying to hard core listening to this music because of harsh vocals" and then listing bands that had plenty of harsh vocals as stuff you like.

I'm not a Bulls fan, but this pumps me up.

I still get chills when watching the Old Bulls Players with Jordan being introduced.

Not just a cage battle/boxing match, but whatever it may be in your life, business meeting, exams, legal battle, fixing...something, THIS IS FUCKING IT!

What are you walking out to?

What's your WAR SONG?

Pantera - Walk would be a good alternate if going into a fight, but it was posted already. A number of other metal songs could also fit the bill.

I’ll preface this by saying that I don’t have much of a tolerance for corporate metal, which is exactly what Disturbed is. That said, they have some decent songs. I can’t deny that.

But this song is pure shit. They did nothing but remake a Simon & Garfunkel song except with worse everything. How so many people thought this was an amazing cover, I can only imagine. Maybe people are so starved for any good music these days that a shitty cover of an otherwise good song sounds amazing to them. But seriously, why not just use the original? It’s better in every way. Oh, but this one has distortion on the guitar or something.

I always kind of felt that people who listen to this type of music are trying too hard to be hardcore. I always enjoyed metal, but the extreme growling shit is kind of autistic.
I always felt that people who make generalities about any group tend to be autistic and of low intellect. Of course this is purely my dogshit opinion that nobody cares about.

I’ll preface this by saying that I don’t have much of a tolerance for corporate metal, which is exactly what Disturbed is. That said, they have some decent songs. I can’t deny that. But this song is pure shit. They did nothing but remake a Simon & Garfunkel song except with worse everything. How so many people thought this was an amazing cover, I can only imagine. Maybe people are so starved for any good music these days that a shitty cover of an otherwise good song sounds amazing to them. But seriously, why not just use the original? It’s better in every way. Oh, but this one has distortion on the guitar or something.

upload_2019-11-6_10-32-36.gif

Back