• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your "white whale" internet searches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one for you...

It's a video of two guys, sounded Eastern European. One of them is holding a wooden log and shouts "watch this babbyy" and proceeds to attempt to throw the log, but instead ends up KO'ing himself. His buddy proceeds to laugh and yell "he's dead, mother fucker" .... lol

*edit
Nvm I found it in like 2 seconds. At least you get to enjoy.

I heard a song once about 30 years ago. I would best describe it as Celtic punk. It was on a CBC radio show. The only thing I can remember is a chorus something like "Alison gross, she must be the ugliest wench in the whole country"

Another time, maybe 4 years later, I heard another song. It was a band from Montreal I think, very hard sounding punk, and it had to do with cars, or maybe sleeping in a car?

I have little hope of finding either of these songs, but if ya want to give it a shot.....

The first song is actually a folk song called "Alison Gross". There are tons of covers, most notably by Black Sabbath

The second song may or may not be Moon King - Sleeping in my Car.

Alison Gross that lives in yon tower
The ugliest witch in the north country
Has trysted me one day up to her bower
And many fair speech she has made to me

She stroked my head and she combed my hair
She set me down softly on her knee
Saying, "If you will be my lover so true
So many good things as I will give to thee."

"Away, away, you ugly witch
Go far away and let me be
For I never will be your lover so true
And I wish I were out of your company."

Alison Gross, she must be
The ugliest witch in the north country.

She showed me a mantle of red scarlet
With golden flowers and fringes fine
This goodly gift it shall be thine."

She showed me a shirt of the finest silk
Well wrought with pearls about the band
This goodly gift you shall command."

She showed me a cup of the good red gold
Well set with jewels so fair to see
This goodly gift I will give to thee."

"Away, away, you ugly witch
Go far away and let me be
For I never wouldn kiss your ugly mouth
For all the gifts you could give to me."

She's turned her right and round about
And thrice she has blown on a grass-green horn
She swore by the moon and the stars of above
That she'd make me rue the day I was born

Then out she has taken a silver wand
She's turned her three times round and round
She's muttered such words till my strength it was gone
And she's turned me into an ugly worm

This was an anime from like the 80s I think.

It was set in space, so the main guy was a pilot/warrior. He piloted a space fighter but sometimes he would ride on it I think and he had a staff. There was another pilot who was fat and another one who had a pony tail. There was also a female character who might've been a princess her spaceship is like their main base and the pilots take off from there kinda like Gundam Seed. There was one episode where she got really old so they had to put her in special tube to replace the aging process.

I've been casually searching for this for years but I've never posted it on a forum or anything.

not really an internet search at least at first but back in 1989 (was a teenager)was traveling around Europe and picked up a cassette of Janis Joplin's'greatest hits..on it was a song I'd never heard beforethat I thought was probably the best song on the album...a couple years go by, I lose the cassette, am back in the states, buy a copy at a record store, and the song isn't on it, never hear the song again for a decade anyhow, and I'm talking to this activist from the 60s, had seen Janis live many times, they don't know what song I'm talking about, eventually I get internet, miss out on napster but I get limewire, and manage to find the song on there...do a little research and it turns out its some kind of copyright issue, the song never appeared on the US version of greatest hits...anyhow, oddly enough(to me) the song was written by Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees, its called "To Love Somebody" I've now heard it sung by several people and no one but Janis can make it sound anything but ridiculous...check it out if you are a Janis fan, she kills it! it's my favorite thing she ever sang.

Edit...not to knock the Bee Gees...they did write the song but yeah I'm sure when they heard Janis sing it, they knew that was how it was supposed to have been sung...listened to her singing it again before this edit, godamm she was Fing Awesome, so sad the world lost her so young

Last edited:
tv show, it was like a doco that focused on these young street kids who were thieves robbers drug dealer types, i think it might of been set in NY, it followed them around while they thieved and shit. one of the dudes ruffed up his gf a fair bit and was in and out of prison.
i thought it was America Uncut or something but i cant find any episodes that fit this description, it was tacky but i want to see it again

My white whale search is info on a John Wayne western film regarding a buzzing sensation the cast felt during the film. I remmember reading info on it around 8 years ago but I cant find any info currently on the internet about it.

I'm looking for the owner of a '64 or '65 Plymouth Valiant drag car with the "Olive Garden" logo on the side. Saw it at Sacramento raceway back in the mid/early 90s, never saw it again and no one seems to know about it.

k I got another one

I'm looking for this trance track from about 10yrs ago, but the full version of it is pretty fucking hard to find & I'm having zero luck

Hardliner - Obsession (B1 X 900 remix)
song length: 6:09

someone please hook a brother up!

Anything from the local band arclight. They had a MySpace etc. But can't seem to find ANYTHING on them anymore. Specifically the song "sold on a promise". Another more popular band with the same name doesn't help

Two movies I remember when I was younger.
One had giant cockroaches that killed people or some shit and all I remember about the other is it was based in the woods/forest and there was a guy who's hand turns silver or something like that and he's trying to kill some one.

My memories of these are very very very vague

Ok, let's see how good some of you are---

A show I used to watch as a kid, all I remember from it is some woman moved into a house and there are like three or so puppet creatures that inhabit that house. That's it. I literally only remember the first episode where the real estate agent is showing her the house and she is like "wow this is great is there any catch?" and the guy is like "NOPE NO CATCH AT ALL" and fucking jetted, and that is when the puppets are all like "hey gurl heyyyyyyy" and they became friends, I guess, I actually don't know.

Probably aired the same time as the Elephant show?

Pretty sure this is "Under the Umbrella Tree".

Anyone know some kickboxing movie from the 90s where it's switching back and forth between a fight scene in the ring and a sex scene with a lady with big fake tits? It wasn't Kickboxer 4.

been looking for a video game I've only seen once.. It was a sega genesis game. Basically it was a battle game. One side versus the next. You had elephants, a line of guys who had arrows, a line of cannons ect, versus another comparable team and you would fight civil war style, one army vs the other.. I'm sure it's pretty common, but I only saw it once, and it was over 20 years ago.

There is a short video with Sesame Street characters from the hood. I saw it 5 years ago or so and haven't been able to find it since. I suck at the internets.. any help is appreciated.
RKC

There is a short video with Sesame Street characters from the hood. I saw it 5 years ago or so and haven't been able to find it since. I suck at the internets.. any help is appreciated.
RKC

Chappelle show skit?

[Yt]rYpoz4t079g[/MEDIA]

Chappelle show skit?

[Yt]rYpoz4t079g[/MEDIA]

Nope. But thank you for the effort. This had actual "muppets".. each was very "hood-ified" if that makes sense? Very foul language, discussing how hard life is if I remember correctly.

Shit, I even posted here on the dawg at one point.. and I still can't find it.

My white whale search is info on a John Wayne western film regarding a buzzing sensation the cast felt during the film. I remmember reading info on it around 8 years ago but I cant find any info currently on the internet about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conqueror_%28film%29

The exterior scenes were shot on location near St. George, Utah, 137 miles (220 km) downwind of the United States government's Nevada National Security Site. In 1953, extensive above-ground nuclear weapons testing occurred at the test site as part of Operation Upshot-Knothole. The cast and crew spent many difficult weeks on location, and in addition Hughes later shipped 60 tons of dirt back to Hollywood in order to match the Utah terrain and lend verisimilitude to studio re-shoots.[5] The filmmakers knew about the nuclear tests[5] but the federal government reassured residents that the tests caused no hazard to public health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back