Rock
---------------
Roddy
Dusty
Austin
Jake
Heyman

Macho Man, Flair, Jericho, Heel Rock, Jake Roberts. Honorable Mention to Vince

Flair's coked-up promos from '80s World Championship Wrestling are fucking amazing, almost in a tier of their own.

Jake the Snake
Macho Man
Terry Funk
Foley

Honorable Mention: Rock and Austin

There were some great managers on the mike, too. Cornette and Heenan were my favorites in this dept.

Shane Douglas.
Bill Alfonso
Paul E. Dangerously
Chris Jericho
DDP

Gonna likely leave a few folks out, almost impossible to narrow it down to 5. Gonna try to pick from different eras and promotions. Anyhoo:

The Rock
Dusty
Jim Cornette
Arn Anderson
Chris Jericho

There are soooo many others, I could be here all day listing name or posting clips. Promos are probably my favourite thing about wrestling.

The Rock
Stone Cold
Mick Foley
Ric Flair
Macho Man

My favorite promo ever when Mick Foley went from Mankind to cactus jack has to be one of the loudest pops from a crowd ever

1. The Rock
2. Rowdy Roddy Piper
3. Stone Cold
4. Randy Savage
5. The Miz

Cena
Austin
Rock
Flair
Jericho

Honorable mentions
Enzo
Kevin Owens
Miz
Road Dogg
Honky Tonk

1. Batista
2. The Rock
3. Stone Cold
4. Kurt Angle
5. Chris Benoit

Rock, Ric, Jesse the Body, Dusty & Hawk(RIP).

For all time it has to be The Rock. In recent times it has to be CM Punk, the guy almost single handedly changed the nature of the business with his rants back in 2011. I strongly believe he is a massive factor in why WWE all of a sudden started bringing in the famous indy guys from 2013 onwards.

1. The Rock
2. CM Punk
3. Ric Flair
4. Stone Cold
5. Jake The Snake

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. Ric Flair
Tied For 3rd Place; Shane Douglas and Raven
5. Dusty Rhodes

Last edited:
The Rock
Savage
Flair
Austin
Piper

In no particular order.

5. Phil Hickerson -- Why does nobody talk about this guy? He could brawl and he could talk back in an era where that was what mattered and he was one of the best to do it.
Didn't know who Phil Hickerson was, but I do now. Thanks for the heads up. The brother was only trying to make a living!

ultimate warrior
roddy piper
scott steiner
stone cold?
razor ramon?

Flair
Rock
Stone Cold
Roberts
Michaels

Back