• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies Your Top 3 martial arts movies

I liked the fight choreography in No Retreat, No Surrender. The training montages were a bit suspect though. Timestamped.

In regard to music, this is European version. American version of the movie got different music in training

3) Hard call, but probably "Once Upon A Time in China (I-III)"

2fedc7dd5f93e12456df03a1c924ba87.jpg

2) Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

intro-1582117241.jpg

1) Ong Bak II
(Hands down, absolute greatest martial arts movie of all time)

Ong-Bak-2-The-Beginning-Kung-Fu-Kingdom-770x472-1024x628.jpg

ong-bak-2-lg.jpg

ong-bak-2-elephants.jpg

Have you guys watched Warrior? It’s based on the writings of Bruce Lee. Yes it’s a series but I’d say it’s my top

solid series, the choreography for the fight scenes was surprisingly good. glad HBO decided to pick it up and is going to do season 3

solid series, the choreography for the fight scenes was surprisingly good. glad HBO decided to pick it up and is going to do season 3

I love the “movie like” episodes in each season.. like season 1 episode 5, and season 2 episode 6… absolutely insane

Favorites:

b4520abf071d052f075530ad988827bcf4819333.gifv

xxsx9p.gif

42f49be8131537409790bfb7c7c90d8eb66a208a.gifv

Archetypal/Mythic stories & scenery is moving along with the fight choreography.
This is why men will ever care about wmma. That girl was hot and slaying.

Nothing amazing about a butch kicking ass.

Bloodsport id predict but im surprised of the love for Enter the Dragon.

Bloodsport
Marked for Death
Big Trouble Little China

if BTLC doesn’t count..
Rumble in the Bronx

Love that No Retreat is in the OP. It’s absolute trash but so damn good! Loved it as a kid.

Karate Kid
Bloodsport
Chinese Connection

I see a lot of people mention Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. While I also think it's a good movie, it's actually not as highly regarded by people in HK/Taiwan. I don't know if it's because people didn't like Michelle Yeoh's accent (She was raised in Malaysia) but I just watched Everything everywhere all at once, and it's a great movie. Anyways, more native Chinese speakers prefer New Dragongate Inn.

I found the full movie on youtube.

I liked it, but I didn't think it was too special. Given all the hype it had, I really thought it was overrated.

Back