Your top 10 Comics/Graphic novels

FEDORER

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
For you comic book fans and readers. What are your top 10 comic book stories or graphic novels? If you can't list 10, post your top 5.

In no particular:

- Kingdom Come
- The Dark Knight Returns
- Superman for All Seasons
- Batman: Hush
- All-Star Superman
- Justice League of America:Tower of Babel
- Watchmen
- The Night Gwen Stacy Died
- Daredevil: Born Again
- Lex Luthor: Man Of Steel

Last edited:
I've read a few graphic novels, but they get expensive so I don't have a ton. My favorites are all Alan Moore works, i.e. Watchmen, V for Vendetta, From Hell, etc. The Dark Knight Returns was good too.

Dark Minds
Tapping the Vein
Aphrodite IX
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Groo the Wanderer
Midnight Nation
Ring of the Nibelung
Lone Wolf and Cub
Batman:Killing Joke
X-Factor

Last edited:
I didn't even know that Buffy the Vampire Slayer had a graphic novel.

This one is pretty good also

933975.jpg

I'm hoping that they'll use this novel as an inspiration for Batman v Superman:
4567_400x600.jpg

I haven't read a graphic novel in a long time, but this was my favorite:

jblcT0L5zHIOOZ.jpg

Don't have a top ten but some ones I loved:

straczynski's supreme power
brubaker's captain american
batman hush
sentry
torso

No particular order and off the top of my head:

Watchmen
Preacher
Transmetropolitan
Sandman
Y: The Last Man
Sin City
Batman: Long Halloween
Fear Agent

Yeah, Im two short, whatever.

Watchmen
Preacher
Transmetropolitan
Sandman
Sin City
Fear Agent

Good fucking list.

I would add V for Vendetta and the Dredd comics.

Watchmen
Preacher
Transmetropolitan
Sandman
Sin City
Fear Agent

Was hoping for a Preacher mention.

preacher-book-1.jpg

Good fucking list.

I would add V for Vendetta and the Dredd comics.

I only read Fear Agent recently and straight up cant stop telling people about it. Im gonna be getting a new book shelf soon and Im hoping to find an epic Fear Agent bust when I go to Comiccon to top it.

Ya Preacher and Sandman needs to be on everyone's list.
Frank Miller's Batman stuff is probably already on everyone's list.

not really in order:

• Prophet: Brothers - my #1
  • From Hell - great art, story, and plenty of philosophical diversions
  • Watchmen - obvious, but deserves all the praise it gets
  • Daredevil: Born Again - great story of Daredevil being broken down, and i love all the religious symbolism
  • Silver Surfer: Parable - short but sweet, with fantastic art by Moebius
  • Dr. Strange and Dr. Doom: Triumph and Torment - two great characters, and excellent art by Mike Mignola
  • Spaceman - i love stories like this where a hulking but downtrodden character rises above his station
  • The Ballad of Halo Jones - epic story with plenty of twists and turns
  • Nexus - i really love how this comic deals with such a powerful character, and steve rude's art is great
  • BPRD: Plague of Frogs - huge story, with fantastic characters and a great team

Prophet is probably the best comic i've ever read, and the second TPB (Brothers) is the best of the series, although it's all fantastic. the characters introduced in this volume are great and so original, and the use of color in this volume particularly is amazing.

Was hoping for a Preacher mention.

preacher-book-1.jpg

Such good stuff in the series. It could arguably be my absolute number one, but I have a love/hate thing for Ennis and Preacher encapsulates it perfectly. Every arc, no matter how good, has something so stupidly childish and moronic that it draws the story short of what it could be. Ennis seems preoccupied sometimes with being the Quentin Tarantino of comics and wants to be all dark and funny. Until the End of the World is, to me, the best thing Ennis has ever written and he still drops the ball by having some retarded in-breed family of cyclopses or some shit and it's supposed to be funny. He's also kinda preoccupied with having people get raped as a joke which gets really weird after awhile.

I pick up some of his stuff now and then and he still seems to have the same faults. Something is great, then he just throws somebody getting raped into the story and I'm supposed to laugh at it or something.

I have yet to finish the series, but Locke and Key is great and is a contender for my top ten when I finish it.

Back