Your thoughts on Chris Camozzi

Rondas Pillow

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I hope they keep him around in the UFC. He seems like a good guy, and he's a pretty good fighter. They probably like that he's willing to step in as a late replacement.

I never really understood why they cut him the first time. He had a pretty good record and then ran into a string of 4 bad fights. I think he is a recent brown belt in bjj, so losing by sub to Jacare - could happen to anyone. He lost 2 split decisions in a row - I think one, Dana even said the judges were terrible.

Since he's been back he is 3-2. The only 2 losses are by sub to Jacare and Leites. I hope he is not cut again. I don't think he's ever going to be champ, but I think he deserves to be in the UFC.

I'm just curious what other people think of him.

Styles make fights, Camozzi just beat Miranda who had nothing for him standing, but he doesn´t have what it takes to hang in the ground with guys like Jacare and Leites, so that´s what Leites did, watched his fight against Jacare and played the same strategy. Actually Leites has a very good ground game, he should try that Demian Maia approach to some fights.

Camozzi is one of those guys who could be replaced by many fighters currently outside the UFC and it wouldn't make a difference. He's not a bad fighter, but he's not particularly good either. He can beat guys at the bottom of the rankings but loses to everyone else. Out of all his UFC wins only Miranda is still in the UFC.

I have never looked at a card and been excited to see his name on it. He does nothing for me.

I like Chris, he's the type of fighter who comes to bang no matter what.

It would be funny if an alligator took his arm for the 3rd time.

He really needs to imorove his bjj. Other than that, his stand up is decently good.

I'm all right with Comozzi.

He's not especially fun to watch, but he's been around for fucking ever now and I tend to have a soft spot for anyone who seems cool and has the heart to keep fighting year after year.

He's a good guy to keep around to give the lower and mid-level guys a test to see how good they really are.

Chris could certainly be a title challenger with a little more work............ in Bellator.

He's a decent gatekeeper type fighter, will never break top 10 but he is an entertaining fighter who will be a good test for guys looking to break the top 15 or looking to stay in it. Give him Alvey next, would be a fun scrap.

Back