Your opinion on the Lightweight division after Khabib vs Poirier

zippo88

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I know it’s jumping ahead but I’m so looking forward to what’s going to happen in the LW division after September 7.

I wrote here https://khabibmcgregor.com/who-will-khabib-fight-after-dustin-poirier/ my thoughts on the situation in the division and who might be Khabib’s next opponent after Dustin.

I don’t think it will be Ferguson because recently he was already talking about potentially moving up to Welterweight. If not Ferguson, it will most likely be Nate Diaz (if he beats Pettis) or a rematch with McGregor.

I know Khabib vs Ferguson it’s what should happen and it’s what everyone wants but the fact that it was already booked 4 times and never happened is kind of worrisome. Can you imagine Dana’s reaction if he books this fight for the 5th time and it falls apart again?

What’s the solution in this situation?

Fergeson gets next shot at title. Connor and Gaethje fight for #1 contender in the fight of the year!:D

How am I supposed to have an opinion if Khabib Poirier hasn't happened yet..

Khabib x Ferguson
Poirier x Mcgregor
Cerrone x Gaethje
Oliveira x Makhachev
Gillespie x Tsarukyan

I think if Nate wins he fights Conor next because his hype train will be back on track.

Unless Dustin somehow beats Khabib. In this case they will manufacture a title fight for Conor, and keep Nate on the back burner.

If Khabib wins, as expected, everything stays the same and he will be put in against Tony.

Can't see Conor coming out of retirement for any of the others like Gaetjhe or Anthony Pettis. They can't draw enough.Ditto Khabib, he won't take them on either. This guy is as much about money as Conor is.

Ferguson should get the shot against whoever wins, without a doubt. Loser should fight Cerrone or Gaethje. I’m not sure we see Conor come back soon and if we do, I see a trilogy with Diaz as most likely. Maybe Cerrone.

Ferguson should get the shot against whoever wins, without a doubt. Loser should fight Cerrone or Gaethje. I’m not sure we see Conor come back soon and if we do, I see a trilogy with Diaz as most likely. Maybe Cerrone.

Conor was offered to fight Cerrone already and he refused the fight.

Back