Your funny "Larry David" moments

Slobodan

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
So if you've watched Curb Your Enthusiasm you know how Larry gets into situations where he gets blamed for shit he didn't do either due to a misunderstanding or being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So do you have any funny Larry David moments? You can also post the opposite, where someone got blamed for something you did.

Him doing Bernie Sanders was the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life.

giphy.gif

I watch Curb Your Enthusiasm and say to myself, "I can see myself doing exactly doing the same thing", or "I've done that".

That applies to just about every episode.

I am Larry David, so, yes.

Went to a friend's wedding a few years back. Several months before the wedding the future bride warned me to stay away from her niece, who was an 18 year old model. (I will call the model Hayden because she looked like Hayden Panettiere). The bride informs me that she has my hookup already planned. That seemed ominous and weird to me but I guess I have a reputation. I may or may not have joked that I would be interested in meeting her niece.

So months later, the wedding is a weekend event on a remote island. Eventually I meet Hayden and at this point have no recollection of the previous warning to stay away from her. She's a charming young woman. Certainly hot, but also a very interesting person. She had been accepted to a good university and was telling me about her life plans. So we chat for a bit. I'm not actually into younger women (no, I'm not joking) but I enjoy her company so we hang out for a while.

Later on in the evening Hayden tells her mom, (who was also incredibly stunning and actually my type and more age appropriate) that she should stop smoking because it upset her. So I agree that her mom should stop smoking.

And at that point Hayden's dad, who I had barely noticed until this point went full on nuts. We are all just chilling on a patio by the beach and all of the sudden this dudes yelling "Fuck you. Fuck you. Don't you dare fucking tell my wife what to do." And he starts lunging at me. People had to jump in and hold him back. And so that ended the evening and we all went back to our cabins.

The next morning, the wedding day, I get a visit from the bride. She tells me that her brother is in an absolute rage that I was "hitting on" his 18 year old daughter. So that was pretty much the worst feeling ever. I was now a part of an imagined drama that was distracting a bride from her wedding day. But at least now I understood why he went mental. So I let her know that it was all in her brothers head. I was not hitting on Hayden, had done nothing wrong, but I promised to completely avoid her to avoid any possible confusion. The rest of the weekend went smoothly.

If you got this far into the story here is a reward: The photographer from the wedding was absolutely stunning. Jaw droppingly beautiful. Even hotter than she looks here. She later on was a top 10 finalist in Maxims Hometown Hotties.

1801766.jpg

Last edited:
Went to a friend's wedding a few years back. Several months before the wedding the future bride warned me to stay away from her niece, who was an 18 year old model. (I will call the model Hayden because she looked like Hayden Panettiere). The bride informs me that she has my hookup already planned. That seemed ominous and weird to me but I guess I have a reputation. I may or may not have joked that I would be interested in meeting her niece.

So months later, the wedding is a weekend event on a remote island. Eventually I meet Hayden and at this point have no recollection of the previous warning to stay away from her. She's a charming young woman. Certainly hot, but also a very interesting person. She had been accepted to a good university and was telling me about her life plans. So we chat for a bit. I'm not actually into younger women (no, I'm not joking) but I enjoy her company so we hang out for a while.

Later on in the evening Hayden tells her mom, (who was also incredibly stunning and actually my type and more age appropriate) that she should stop smoking because it upset her. So I agree that her mom should stop smoking.

And at that point Hayden's dad, who I had barely noticed until this point went full on nuts. We are all just chilling on a patio by the beach and all of the sudden this dudes yelling "Fuck you. Fuck you. Don't you dare fucking tell my wife what to do." And he starts lunging at me. People had to jump in and hold him back. And so that ended the evening and we all went back to our cabins.

The next morning, the wedding day, I get a visit from the bride. She tells me that her brother is in an absolute rage that I was "hitting on" his 18 year old daughter. So that was pretty much the worst feeling ever. I was now a part of an imagined drama that was distracting a bride from her wedding day. But at least now I understood why he went mental. So I let her know that it was all in her brothers head. I was not hitting on Hayden, had done nothing wrong, but I promised to completely avoid her to avoid any possible confusion. The rest of the weekend went smoothly.

If you got this far into the story here is a reward: The photographer from the wedding was absolutely stunning. Jaw droppingly beautiful. Even hotter than she looks here. She later on was a top 10 finalist in Maxims Hometown Hotties.

1801766.jpg

You should have impregnated Hayden to spite her dad and brother for life.

Went I was looking for my first apartment I called up this guy who had a really affordable place which included free Internet and electricity. It wasn't the biggest spot I'd seen, probably the smallest, but I checked it out and was definately interested. The guy who owned it asked me casually "so why are you looking for yur own spot?". I replied that I lived in a house that my mom owned, but she had moved in recently because she and my dad started beefing. And I was not gonna become one of those grown ass losers who lived with their mom.
So I said I was interested and just curiously asked "so I suppose you live upstairs?"
He said "Yeah, I live upstairs... just me and my mom" ¤que the curb theme¤

Of course I never heard from him again

... where to begin, so many great moments. The stolen / hidden baseball accusation might be my favourite moment followed by Richard Lewis's reaction is priceless.

the episode where he threw something away in someone elses garbage can and they got mad.. that happened to me when I was younger.

You should have impregnated Hayden to spite her dad and brother for life.

How do you know Hayden had a brother? When odog mentioned "brother" he meant the bride's brother, who was Hayden's father, since Hayden was the bride's niece.

That seemed ominous and weird to me but I guess I have a reputation. I may or may not have joked that I would be interested in meeting her niece.

Sounds like me in my squad.
I'm the friend that my best friend's
girlfriends hate to love and love to
hate.

OT: When Larry buys the hooker
for a ride on the highway so that he
could use the carpool lane. LMFAO.

Then he has to go to dodger game
with her and she ends up getting
lifted with his pops, who has glaucoma.
tumblr_lsthuesRjg1qijwzwo1_400.gif

So I've had a few "Larry David" moments in my opinion. My favourite was about 13 years ago, in my first year of undergrad at a Halloween party in our residence building. So this one girl that lived in my dorm (co-Ed) was unbelievably petite. We're talking 4'10 and literally 87 lbs. She was dating a guy that was about my size, maybe 6'1 and about 180lbs. I had gotten totally drunk at this Halloween party and started talking to the boyfriend with a couple of my buddies. Like a total drunken idiot, I ask him (slurring and hiccoughing through my words) if he ever feels like a PEDOPHILE! He gets this murderous look in his eyes and glowers at me, and cooly just says "No". Meanwhile all my friends are just speechless and waiting to see if this guy just knocks me out. Then, because I'm so drunk I just double down and say "Really?? Because y'know, she's really small!"

Somehow this guy kept his shit together and didn't put me in the hospital. The next day everyone on my floor was telling me what a piece of shit I was. I tried apologizing to the girl for ruining their evening, and she half-heartedly "forgave" me but I know from then on she had a major hate on for me.

I've had a few moments like that over the years, but that ones definitely the most memorable, where an attempt to be funny turned into an epic foot in mouth moment.

Palestinian chicken is the best episode! And the part when ted danson receives the freak book then larry snatches it from him and obnoxiously laughs with jeff as everyone else is trying to be proper. Best show ever.

Back