Your favorite Upset KO?

Handawg

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Since BMartin opened up with the favorite upset submission thread. I thought we'd go into some vicious upset KO's. Here are some of my favorites:

Boestch/Okami - Beast of a comeback. I feel like Boestch could lose 4 straight and still stick around due to that knockout plus the Tavares knockout.

Bowles/Torres - Considering how people were claiming Miguel was p4p #1 at the time, whether it was right or wrong.

Nam/Dudu - NonUFC (Shooto) but Dudu got slept hard, and I don't think Nam's won since.

Henderson/Fedor - Incredible win for Henderson, can't really explain much more lol.

TJ Grant/Gray Maynard - TJ impressed the hell out of me here, many were counting him out in this fight and felt like he didn't deserve to be ranked #5 at the time. Many believe this cracked the chin of Maynard for good.

OSP/Shogun - Never heard a crowd go THAT quiet.

Perosh/Magalhaes - Lol.

Warren/Soto - Warren got his ass handed to him in the 1st by a then undefeated and highly touted champion in Soto. Walks into the second and lands a picture perfect knee almost right off the bat. Warren is a bad motherfucker.

Stoked to hear what you guys got to throw in.

30ayhcw.gif

TatteredRipeCod.gif

Last edited:
Boetsch has a couple of them. Tavares was beating him up and all of a sudden it was over... Sad day for me.

I lost my mind when Varner KO'd Barboza.

Since BMartin opened up with the favorite upset submission thread. I thought we'd go into some vicious upset KO's. Here are some of my favorites:

Boestch/Okami - Beast of a comeback. I feel like Boestch could lose 4 straight and still stick around due to that knockout plus the Tavares knockout.

Bowles/Torres - Considering how people were claiming Miguel was p4p #1 at the time, whether it was right or wrong.

Nam/Dudu - NonUFC (Shooto) but Dudu got slept hard, and I don't think Nam's won since.

Henderson/Fedor - Incredible win for Henderson, can't really explain much more lol.

TJ Grant/Gray Maynard - TJ impressed the hell out of me here, many were counting him out in this fight and felt like he didn't deserve to be ranked #5 at the time. Many believe this cracked the chin of Maynard for good.

OSP/Shogun - Never heard a crowd go THAT quiet.

Perosh/Magalhaes - Lol.

Warren/Soto - Warren got his ass handed to him in the 1st by a then undefeated and highly touted champion in Soto. Walks into the second and lands a picture perfect knee almost right off the bat. Warren is a bad motherfucker.

Stoked to hear what you guys got to throw in.

Couple fights I would take out of here but mostly good list. Fedor I kind of expected to get KOed but not like that. He was also on the decline at the time. Shogun I also was almost sure would lose, maybe not by KO, but the KO loss wasn't surprising. I'm going with the Boestch fight because he was suppose to lose and was also losing until he landed that punch.

Weidman's superiority was obvious before the opening bell but technically it was an upset.

Pat Barry x Kongo was INSANE.

Is that an upset? I guess if you think of how the fight was going. I was thinking 'upset' means the Vegas underdog pulls out the win.

Trujillo vs Varner... As a huge Varner fan, that was a sad day.

Definitely. Especially since he was succeeding so well in the stand up. Being a Varner fan in general is not the happiest place to be.

Back