Exodus
Slayer
Kreator
Sacrifice
Flotsam and Jetsam
*etc..
So, you're a big fan of Thrash.

Nvm, you already said that.

Black metal, specifically Atmospheric Black Metal like Agalloch, Panopticon, Negura Bunget and Drudkh. None of those ridiculous satanic clown makeup wearing bands. I really like bands that add some folk influences to their music, but not Folk Metal so much since it's mostly just sounds like drunken singalongs. Also a big fan of Post-Metal and Doom.

80's Thrash metal
Old school death metal
Atmospheric black metal
Old school heavy metal

Black metal, specifically Atmospheric Black Metal like Agalloch, Panopticon, Negura Bunget and Drudkh. None of those ridiculous satanic clown makeup wearing bands. I really like bands that add some folk influences to their music, but not Folk Metal so much since it's mostly just sounds like drunken singalongs. Also a big fan of Post-Metal and Doom.

Your post. I like it

Black Metal is probably my first favorite, but Folk and Industrial are a close second.

I love all metal, except for drone and other shit that is random clicks and whistles on top of a "riff" that sounds like a lawn mower that hit a rock.

Whatever the fuck Cryptopsy is. And then You'll Beg was so far ahead of its time that people still have't caught up with it.

Funny because I'm the exact opposite Atmospheric is my least favorite black metal genre I prefer staright up Black, DSBM, Black/Thrash, Death/Black

Please stop separating it into sub-groups like autistic weirdo people.. You're fkn killing it dead. It's fkn music, hard rock music.

No nust no. That's stupid it all can't be one genre you're telling me Judas Priest sounds like Prostitute Disfigurement? You're telling me Metallica sounds like Raped God 666? Sub genres are there for a reason because it's not all the same you sound extremely nooby and ignorant to think it's all the same.

That's the dumbest fkn chart I have ever seen in my life in many ways. So f**king Pantera is "groove metal?" F**k off lmao..

Sepultera and Pantera were just different bands. They sound 100% more alike than Prong and Pantera. Faith No more was JUST FU*KING FAITH NO MORE. They sounded like the band Faith no More.

Why is R.E.M there, but no Rage? Or Clutch? Or Misfits? Or KMFDM? Pear Jam was grunge. Why is Nine Inch Nails not under 'industrial?" White Zombie? My life with the Thrill Kill Cult?

They are just fkn different bands man. If they aren't trying to be in a fkn genre, don't put them in one. Def Tones was Def tones. Period. They fkn sounded NOTHING LIKE TOOL. Do you fkn understand that? DEF TONES SOUND NOTHING LIKE TOOL.

Grunge deserves 20 more bands.

You can basically take every band that isn't heavy metal and put it under "alternative."

In the 90's it was heavy metal or alternative. And we had "girls" that could follow that and liked it with us, something you guys are going to be missing. But then we had some kick ass female bands and singer song-writers.

Where is Bio-hazard? Snot? Red Hot Chili Peppers? Old Incubus? I wouldn't think a couple of those are "metal," but you throw R.E.M on the fkn list and that kind of opens the flood-gates.

It's stupid. Talk about bands. They sound the way they sound.

You are obviously a noob if you don't know the difference between Groove metal and why it should be a genre. Why are you even here? You clearly don't know shit

Separate it into BANDS.. Every band has their own sound. You like some, some you don't. Pretty simple. Don't push yourself into a tiny weird group.

Youre sayimg every band has their own sound yet Dark Funeral and Marduk have a similar sound. They have a similar sound because they are the same genre it's why genres are there

Last edited:
Youre saying every band has their own sound yet Dark Funeral and Marduk have a similar sound. They have a similar sound because they are the same genre it's why genres are there

This sums it up for me.

If you're unwilling to recognize the genre, you're unwilling to put the time in to get to know the music imo.

Speed metal and whatever Iron Maiden and Amon Amarth is.

Nothing wrong with breaking into sub genres, as it helps to find bands with the same style. Tags on last.fm helped me find so many great bands I would never have heard otherwise.

The Black Dahlia, Disentomb, Amon Amarth...shit like that and black metal.

download.axd

Back