Your favorite karaoke tunes

Chad R. Thundercock

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone here likes karaoke? Here are some of the songs I like to sing at the local karaoke nights:

This is a classic. I love this song by Whitesnake; it's a crowd pleaser for sure. I always pantomime playing the violin during the build up to the epic solo, and it makes the chicks go CRAZY.

This is something I like to sing from time to time to troll the crowd. I always kick it off with the phrase "Now here's a song by a gay guy." Bonus points for those who know the reference.

I'm a huge AIC fan, and this is an excellent song for me to demonstrate my vocal chops. Layne Staley had a godlike vocal range.

Not a fan of karaoke as it's just a bunch of people full of themselves waiting to be the center of attention and not giving a shit when someone else is singing despite the obligatory after-song applause.

Not a fan of karaoke as it's just a bunch of people full of themselves waiting to be the center of attention and not giving a shit when someone else is singing despite the obligatory after-song applause.

Boo.

I love karaoke. When I go, I drop good money on it. We have the ones here in Vegas where you can get a room for you and your group so you don't have to do it in front of a crowd if you don't want to. They serve food and alcohol, so it's pretty legit. One thing I learned about karaoke: Asian people are serious about it. Don't play around in there.

I like singing John Legend, John Mayer, and Maroon 5 songs. I also like singing 80s and 90s R&B, and Pop punk songs from the lates 90s early 2000s.

I do lots of karaoke, but being a semi-professional musician, that's what you do to keep your chops up and your name out there.
Too many songs to name any one favorite.

Edit: I'll name a couple:

Elvis - Love me tender
New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
Frank Sinatra - My Way
Bee Gees - More than a woman.

Really, too many to mention.

Non-English:
Koyotae - Sun Jeong (Korean)
The Sex Bomb Girls - Bakit Papa (Filipino/Tagalog)
Jalisco / Cielito Lindo - Traditionals (Spanish)

I love karaoke. When I go, I drop good money on it. We have the ones here in Vegas where you can get a room for you and your group so you don't have to do it in front of a crowd if you don't want to. They serve food and alcohol, so it's pretty legit. One thing I learned about karaoke: Asian people are serious about it. Don't play around in there.

I like singing John Legend, John Mayer, and Maroon 5 songs. I also like singing 80s and 90s R&B, and Pop punk songs from the lates 90s early 2000s.

Nice. I do believe there is a karaoke night every Thursdays at Ellis Island. You might want to check that out. I heard someone singing Man In The Box while I was eating a prime rib dinner at the restaurant, and man, was I impressed by his vocal chops.

I do lots of karaoke, but being a semi-professional musician, that's what you do to keep your chops up and your name out there.
Too many songs to name any one favorite.

Edit: I'll name a couple:

Elvis - Love me tender
New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
Frank Sinatra - My Way
Bee Gees - More than a woman.

Really, too many to mention.

Non-English:
Koyotae - Sun Jeong (Korean)
The Sex Bomb Girls - Bakit Papa (Filipino/Tagalog)
Jalisco / Cielito Lindo - Traditionals (Spanish)

Very nice and eclectic choice of songs you've got there.

Back