Your favorite handgun

Cody564231

Brown Belt
Reaction score
What's your favorite handgun(semi-auto &, revolver), caliber and why? This is simply your favorite, not a debate about which platform is best. Post pics for obscure models.

Rules:
1) no discrediting other posters opinion
2) no pissing contests/squabbles
3) no bashing manufacturers. If they have documented issues with certain platforms thats one thing but no this or that company sucks or any of that shit

Mine are: semi-auto: SIG P220R Carry, .45ACP
220-carry-nitron-detail-L.jpg

Revolver: Taurus Raging Judge, .454 Casull/.410 gauge
513SS3_1.jpg

The SIG because it feels and points naturally in my hand(I carry one on duty every day, or will when it comes in and I get off medical leave), and I'm really biased towards .45's. The Taurus for pretty much the same reason, and the .454 Casull is just a badass round.

Last edited:
G19. Big enough to be a service pistol, yet small enough to CC.

Glock 21, reliable as anything and built tough. Fires a bunch of .45 bullets. Big, but good for a larger hand.

Freedom Arms .454 Casull revolver, never fired one but it looks and feels super solid. Max loads are awesomely powerful, so they say.

For Semi-Auto it has be a 1911,here is mine and its great but I would really love one of the higher end models like Wilson.
DSC_0666.jpg

For Wheel Gun it has to be my 9mm Ruger Speed Six.
DSC_0002.jpg

Also I do dream of owning A Scholfied one day.
Schofield003.jpg

Last edited:
The 1911 is a Rock Island Armory Tactical older model and the Wheel Gun is Ruger speed six Made in 1982 from the serial number.

Rock Island is a good company. They made a lot of our boys' 1911s in WWII. I'm intrigued by the Ruger. I've heard of 9mm wheelguns, just never actually seen one. Very nice.

Glock 21, reliable as anything and built tough. Fires a bunch of .45 bullets. Big, but good for a larger hand.

Freedom Arms .454 Casull revolver, never fired one but it looks and feels super solid. Max loads are awesomely powerful, so they say.

Almost bought the 21 for duty use, but the grip was a bit large for my hands so I bought an XD45 and later upgraded to the pictured SIG model.

Rock Island is a good company. They made a lot of our boys' 1911s in WWII. I'm intrigued by the Ruger. I've heard of 9mm wheelguns, just never actually seen one. Very nice.

Yeah RIA makes good 1911s and I recommend them to anybody looking for one, that doesnt want to drop too much, and they still make basic G.I models for any looking for a real classic.

The Ruger is My Baby and your right you don't ee 9mm wheel guns that often,which makes it special to me. Charter Arms was supposed to release one 2yrs ago but keep pushing it back. Its a shame cause i would buy one if they ever release it.

Last edited:
I've had Berettas, SIGS, and Smithys. But I always go to a Glock

My day to day gun is the G22 RTF2, i feel like im the only one in the world that likes the rough texture frame.
gen4-g22.jpg

The compensated G21 is my go to .45
G-G_compensator.jpg

I've had Berettas, SIGS, and Smithys. But I always go to a Glock

My day to day gun is the G22 RTF2, i feel like im the only one in the world that likes the rough texture frame.
gen4-g22.jpg

The compensated G21 is my go to .45
G-G_compensator.jpg

One of my sergeants carries the 22 RFT with the Laserlyte rear sight. He likes the texture because it's nearly impossible to jerk out his hands. My buddy carries the 21 on the Sheriffs Department with a Blackhawk Xiphos light mounted. Both very nice guns.

Last edited:
Currently: Springfield XDm .40.
I fear that as soon as I possess it, the Springfield XDm Competition 5.25 .40 will surpass it though.

Of all the sidearms I've shot with, I do best with the baby G26. I do better with that than my service weapon, even at 25yds or more. A little heavy for CC but very easy to CC. 9mm is starting to become common and therefore cheap again.

Back