Your favorite ADCC fighter?

Samurai Jack

faixa roxa
@Brown
Reaction score
Mine is Jacare, because he has amusing style. He looks like he is having fun. when he is grappling, he always smiles.He is very explosive and has a good takedowns. IMO, he is a MMA material. And you just got to love his armbars from sidemount! My favorite ADCC fight is Lister vs Marquard in ADCC 2003.

This should be in the Grappling forum where it will actually get responses.

Jacare had 2 MMA fights. He got KOed by Macaco in his first fight, and I believe he won his second.

Marcelo Garcia is my favorite.

Marcello Garcia! His fights are amazing, especially his match with Ricco this year.

My favorite ADCC guys who fight MMA are Dean Lister and Ricardo Arona, next would be Denis Kang, Jeff Monson and Royler Gracie.

Gilbert Melendez...

Takes on an open spot at less than 2 weeks notice. Takes his blue belt BJJ and beats Baret Yoshida top guy from 2003 and BJJ black belt
( You think some schools are tougher than others maybe??)

and Jacare

When he fought in ADCC, Kerr. Now Marcello Garcia - that Ricco match was amazing.

Nick

Samurai Jack said:
Mine is Jacare, because he has amusing style. He looks like he is having fun. when he is grappling, he always smiles.He is very explosive and has a good takedowns. IMO, he is a MMA material. And you just got to love his armbars from sidemount! My favorite ADCC fight is Lister vs Marquard in ADCC 2003.

He has fought Roger Gracie 4 times. Watch any one of those fights, Jacare wasn't his usual confident self.

SF_MT said:
Gilbert Melendez...

Takes on an open spot at less than 2 weeks notice. Takes his blue belt BJJ and beats Baret Yoshida top guy from 2003 and BJJ black belt
( You think some schools are tougher than others maybe??)

and Jacare

Melendez didn't make Yoshida look bad at all. He won by a takedown, 2-0. Barrett is also well known for his guard game, while Melendez is an accomplished wrestler. He did enough to shut down Barrett, Monson style.

Leonardo Viera: P4P best grappler in the world. Amazing to watch.
Marcello Garcia: Incredibel grappler, fast, strong and great techniques!!!

Nino Schembri is always fun to watch in ADCC. That omoplata he got on Sasha was awesome.

Back