Your experiences with Macbook

I would never spend the money on a mac when I can easily use any laptop and sync everything through dropbox to my desktop

mac OS is too limiting for me as an IT professional, could never give it my approval

but I'm sure for people that like the simplicity of it the price premium isn't that big of a deal

I was given a MacBook Pro at work, but most of the apps we use don't work well with it. Took less than a week before I was dual booting Windows 7.

Office was shit on the Mac as well.

I love my 13 inch MacBook Pro, it's the perfect size.

The only problem I have is Safari doesn't seem to block cookies when it's set to block cookies.

I was coming in here to expect everyone to shit on an apple product.

Figured I'd have to defend it but I'll join in on the praise. I have a 2011 macbook pro that I've dropped, run through the gauntlet etc. It still runs great.

Gave that one to my girl and purchased a retina mbp. I'd buy one every time I'm due.

Sort of pricey but good quality. Also seem to last a while.

I had my Macbook since 2008. Still running great but not as good as the day 1st bought it but its still great

Was provided one at my last gig, mainly to be able to do my job without the lan monkeys asking me "why do you need X".

I was...impressed. Battery life, performance, gestures, not having to download putty, etc etc.

Lync took a dump every half hour, but no one wanted to diagnose it, or even put some thought into it.

That being said; I'm a unix admin by trade, and have been stuck with a windows laptop for most of my career. I just probably liked having new shit to play with.

just bought my sister a MBP Pro fully loaded this Saturday. she instantly is putting it to use since she's a teacher & everything is Mac flavored over there.

my issues with it are that the WiFi can be a bit flakey at times & can't view heavy gif threads so great.

I was given a MacBook Pro at work, but most of the apps we use don't work well with it. Took less than a week before I was dual booting Windows 7.

Office was shit on the Mac as well.

I use bootcamp for some of my software as well...But that's an OS thing not a hardware thing. The Macbook handles bot operating systems very well.

I love my 13 inch MacBook Pro, it's the perfect size.

The only problem I have is Safari doesn't seem to block cookies when it's set to block cookies.

I don't use Safari...I find it flakey.

just bought my sister a MBP Pro fully loaded this Saturday. she instantly is putting it to use since she's a teacher & everything is Mac flavored over there.

my issues with it are that the WiFi can be a bit flakey at times & can't view heavy gif threads so great.

I don't have this issue at all....mine fly's through them.

I don't use Safari...I find it flakey.

Same, to both of those. I'd like to use safari as I find the browser pretty nice but just the inability to use any of the input abilities on sherdog keeps me from it.

Use chrome or Firefox instead and they also fly through heavy gifs

I have a non-retina Air and it's pretty cool, but my friend has this Sony ultrabook that's like 3-4 lbs. It's great when traveling. Before the Air I had a Samsung 9 series ultrabook that was pretty cool. Great screen and slim, but the trackpad was very sensitive and the gestures were hit or miss. The Air trackpad is so much better and the gestures are very reliable. Gaming was satisfactory on the Samsung, the Air is not too great for gaming (League of Legends). The Air looks a bit outdated next to the newer laptops coming out now.

did you tweak/mod your Macbook in anyway? if I view the gif thread in P&M it makes my MBPs scream, happens to every MBP I've touched so far.

i've got a mid-2011 (non-retina) 13" macbook air. ipad 3, iphone 6.. i'm pretty much an apple shill at this point.

They're the best laptops on the market.

If you have gaming ambitions, and I'm only talking about modest ones, then you need to opt for the Pro, not the Air. Retina vs. Regular won't matter much for gaming, especially since it won't be able to run any demanding games at max resolution with a respectable framerate, but it will make a difference to the eye for surfing the web, or looking at photos/videos.

Pretty much nails it.
The Retina looks amazing when browsing and using OSX.
I always recommend the Macbook Air for those limited in tech knowledge. It's easy, powerful, light, and durable.

If you're a power user and require more, PC is the obvious choice.

did you tweak/mod your Macbook in anyway? if I view the gif thread in P&M it makes my MBPs scream, happens to every MBP I've touched so far.

Nope. It's just a factory Macbook Pro 13.3"

Are you using Safari?

^^ haha hell nah, Chrome. it just seems like viewing heavy gif pages make Macbooks work the hardest, as if they were rendering HD videos/graphics

^^ I bought my niece a decked out 17" Viao, BRD player/burner, i7 w/ 16GB RAM etc. shit runs like a dream & wasn't cheap whatsoever. her mom/my sister used to hog it from her which is why I got her an MBP. price wise I'd say Viaos are just as over priced as Macbooks are.

Back