Your absolute favorite wrestling moment/memory

The SNME theme still makes me smile. I became a fan in 1984ish when I was way little, so it always creates a flood of good memories.

Undertaker returning at Judgement Day 2000 I believe.

My Grandad passed me the VCR and said "Enjoy!" knowing that my favourite wrestler had returned. I was only 9!

Wish I could find more examples but some of Shawn's reactions to the "You screwed Bret!" chants were brilliant.
My favorites include:
"And don't you ever forget it!"
"Hasn't anything else happened in the past nine years?"
"You're damn right I did and I'd do it again!"

For now, I'll leave you with this.

I always enjoyed Shawn Michaels trolling the Montreal crowd on RAW.

I remember watching this live and celebrated like I won the lottery, the crowd reaction is still insane.

I remember watching this live and celebrated like I won the lottery, the crowd reaction is still insane.

There were a few years there when every Raw felt like a big deal because of stuff like this. Miss those days.

I loved the Michaels/Bret iron man match. As a huge Bret fan though WM 10 when Bret beat Yokozuna for the title comes to mind.

There were a few years there when every Raw felt like a big deal because of stuff like this. Miss those days.

Absolutely. Late 90s-early 2000s RAW blows out most present day PPVs. I remember it felt like if you missed raw then you would be missing something huge so I always recorded it on a blank VHS. Now you could go weeks without watching Raw or Smackdown and not really miss much.

Me and Lakersfan have discussed our love of the boyhood dream angle many times. It is my first memory of wrestling and honestly one of the first memories I can really recall. However, I didn't actually watch WM 12 until later and only saw the angle through Superstar buildups and Raw recaps so for something I actually saw live I'm going with

goldberg-slams-hogan-o.gif

Damn. I nearly forgot about that. The crowd used to be so into it back then. That gave me chills. Although many people say matches like that were the demise of WCW because that should have been a PPV, but Bischoff was obsessed with Monday night ratings.

I guess the first time wrestling blew my mind and left me speechless was Royal Rumble 1993, my first PPV, when Giant Gonzalez walked into the ring and slapped Undertaker over the top rope.

rumbleb33.jpg

I was a pretty retarded kid so I completely bought the bodysuit and was amazed at Taker looking like a pathetic manlet

As for recent memories this probably stands out as the highlight. Seth is quality

Some of the raws were better than the ppv, Undertaker v Jeff Hardy was also on a raw which was insane.

As a mark:
Hogan slamming Andre
Warrior beating Hogan for the title
Ricky Steamboat and Macho Man
Jake Roberts giving Andre a "heart attack"
Start of the Mega Powers
End of the Mega Powers
Undertaker locking Warrior in a coffin

As a fan:
Eddie Guerrero's and Chris Benoit's joint celebration
HBK & Razor's ladder match
Undertaker & Foley Hell in a Cell

I remember watching the WM 20 main event in a shitty bar here in Halifax.. when Benoit made HHH tap out the place fucking erupted. Everybody was going nuts. I was the biggest Benoit fan so I lost my shit. It's been a long time since WWE felt like that big of a deal. That was such a memorable win.

Me and Lakersfan have discussed our love of the boyhood dream angle many times. It is my first memory of wrestling and honestly one of the first memories I can really recall. However, I didn't actually watch WM 12 until later and only saw the angle through Superstar buildups and Raw recaps so for something I actually saw live I'm going with

goldberg-slams-hogan-o.gif

Monica

Goldberg is my all time favorite wrestler

Back