Social You'll NEVER please people, just do what makes you happy!

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Obama+Writing+Long+Hand.jpeg

Alphaboy writes, Dear Sherdog

Don't even know why I wrote this, just a late night thought, I suppose.

One Universal rule that everyone seems to know, but no one seems to really absorb is the fact that

No one is universally loved or hated. Some people will like you, some people will hate you.

Well duh... we already know that man. *Thor face* Do ya though?

There are so many people who live their lives trying to fit in... Trying to be liked by everyone and it is futile. How many people never wanted to engage a passion because "other people will think I'm uncool man?"

Fuck that. Do what makes you happy. People are gonna hate anyway, they might as well hate while you're enjoying yourself. It sucks to think how many people missed out on passions because of what their peer group thought or some dumb crap.

I remember in college there was this girl. She was Christian, had a very Nana-ish vibe to her. She was always pleasant. The type to smile and say "well, how was your morning today?" :) to everyone with a smile. One of those Mary Poppins muhfuhs. The type of person you can't imagine would ever curse someone out or yell at them no matter how much you pissed them off.

She stumbled into me when I was with a fraternity brother who in all honesty is a massive douche. She was so very pleasant. "Hello Michael, how very nice to meet you!"

He had this annoyed, weirded out look on his face and barely acknowledged her. She was either too kind to care or too blissfully unaware.

I thought, "damn, this is probably one of the nicest lady you'll meet and this foo already doesn't like her just for saying hi." Which shows no matter how pleasant you are, there'll always be haters.

Of course most people don't want to be completely socially ostracized and known as "that guy" or "that girl" so you always want to at least be self-aware. Don't go the other direction and just try to be different for attention, that's what the hot topic emos of the 2000s did and the modern day SJWs do today. Just be yourself.

I mean, don't be an insufferable dick and think "that's just me yo!" some people do that, the same to get "OnLy gOd cAn jUdGe Me!" tattooed on their forearms and cite Marilyn Monroe's "if you can't accept me at my worst..." mantra.

Hell, there's probably people who clicked this bitching... "ugh, this guy always writes some massive wall of text!" or "Stop preaching, just make lame "you sound poor" jokes like the rest of us." Like I said, there will always be haters so:

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Agreed. As I get older I seek less validation from others, especially strangers. I will still be considerate and do socially responsible things, like putting shopping carts back where they belong. This is why a lot of older people just don't give a fuck, and frankly that makes them happier.

Just look how carefree these old people are
7.png

One Universal rule that everyone seems to know, but no one seems to really absorb is the fact that

No one is universally loved or hated. Some people will like you, some people will hate you.

There are so many people who live their lives trying to fit in... Trying to be liked by everyone and it is futile. How many people never wanted to engage a passion because "other people will think I'm uncool man?"

Fuck that. Do what makes you happy. People are gonna hate anyway, they might as well hate while you're enjoying yourself. It sucks to thing how many people missed out on passions because of what their peer group thought or some dumb crap.

I remember in college there was this girl. She was Christian, had a very Nana-ish vibe to her. She was always pleasant. The type to smile and say "well, how was your morning today?" :) to everyone with a smile. One of those Mary Poppins muhfuhs. The type of person you can't imagine would ever curse someone out or yell at them no matter how much you pissed them off.

She stumbled into me when I was with a fraternity brother who in all honesty is a massive douche. She was so very pleasant. "Hello Michael, how very nice to meet you!"

He had this annoyed, weirded out look on his face and barely acknowledged her. She was either too kind to care or too blissfully unaware.

I thought, "damn, this is probably one of the nicest lady you'll meet and this foo already doesn't like her just for saying hi." Which shows no matter how pleasant you are, there'll always be haters.

Of course most people don't want to be completely socially ostracized and known as "that guy" or "that girl" so you always want to at least be self-aware. Don't go the other direction and just try to be different for attention, that's what the hot topic emos of the 2000s did and the modern day SJWs do today. Just be yourself.

I mean, don't be an insufferable dick and think "that's just me yo!" some people do that, the same to get "OnLy gOd cAn jUdGe Me!" tattooed on their forearms and cite Marilyn Monroe's "if you can't accept me at my worst..." mantra.

Hell, there's probably people who clicked this bitching... "ugh, this guy always writes some massive wall of text!" or "Stop preaching, just make lame "you sound poor" jokes like the rest of us." Like I said, there will always be haters so:

tenor.gif

Me and my frat bros would have tried to bang that girl, bro!

I think it is better to have people hate or love you vs being meh to everyone.
If you are Meh, you are loved by no one as well as hated by no one.

I want to be loved by as many weirdos as possible! Love me you motherfuckers!!!!

:p

Time to drop pants and go outside

it is 8 am already????

Agreed. As I get older I seek less validation from others, especially strangers. I will still be considerate and do socially responsible things, like putting shopping carts back where they belong. This is why a lot of older people just don't give a fuck, and frankly that makes them happier.

Just look how carefree these old people are
7.png

I would show all those old asshole my huge erection!!! Now, this erections started before I walked into a men's lockerroom...I am heteroAF ffs!

Fuck that. Do what makes you happy. People are gonna hate anyway, they might as well hate while you're enjoying yourself. It sucks to thing how many people missed out on passions because of what their peer group thought or some dumb crap.

tenor.gif

Just be yourself.

This and "Just have fun" are my two mission statements in life, though I probably take them to a more extreme degree than most.

Lol no need to apologize for being yourself. Also, you're actually one of my favorite posters here because even if I don't agree with what you're posting, I can tell that it's coming from a genuine place. So definitely don't stop with these long-form threads.

Also, cool to see other guys in Greek life on here. Being in a fraternity definitely added to my college experience.

tenor.gif

034cc7571956b9381596c69bb2e31ced114c94cc.gifv

tenor.gif

So true!

Just try to be the best version of YOURSELF, and you do you!

Lol. While she wasn't necessarily hot. She was one of those girls that always dressed modest, did absolutelt nothing to adorn herself or display sexuality, but had a nice ass for no reason.

As I've learned from political though, the more some people hate you, the more others will love you.

I don't really care for folks who try to be liked by everyone. They come across as people pleasures and experience has taught me, they don't necessarily have loyalty for this reason.

Lol no need to apologize for being yourself. Also, you're actually one of my favorite posters here because even if I don't agree with what you're posting, I can tell that it's coming from a genuine place. So definitely don't stop with these long-form threads.

Much appreciated brother!

If you are Meh, you are loved by no one as well as hated by no one.

I want to be loved by as many weirdos as possible! Love me you motherfuckers!!!!

:p

it is 8 am already????

I would show all those old asshole my huge erection!!! Now, this erections started before I walked into a men's lockerroom...I am heteroAF ffs!
Meh.

As soon people realize you're one of these willing to concede ground, people will start pretend shit as if it was their holy right from birth

Fuck them

Do your life aiming at your own goals, please who you love without expecting anything back, surround yourself of people that like you for who you are and not for what you can give them, respect everybody but react quick and harsh on anybody that try to step on your toes

This works with family, relationship, friends, fucking, work, life on general

You're welcome
<JackieThumbsUp>

I agree with @Bacco for the most part but there needs to be considerable thought given to the opinion of those who truly love you.

I have a hard time defining it but someone who truly wants the best for you and wants your future to be the best it can possibly be. That doesn't mean your thoughts will line up with their's but truly listen to them and consider what they say. And then when you're ready to make a decision discuss it with them.

Forgot to add

A selfish asshole that 1/10 does a good thing for somebody else, will be noticed for these things
"he seems rough, but he's good guy"

A passive pushover that pass life blowjob everybody, will be noticed for yhat 1/100 time that he had enough and snap
"he seems gentle, but hes fucking weirdo, who knows what's he's thinking"

Second group people many times did so for some bizzarre belief that giving A universe will give back A, because justice.
Rather than understand how people mentality actually works

Humans are a social creatures (majority) they feel a longing to fit in......... somewhere

OIP.cO3zZ6_1orqhVHLZyStpkQHaR4

27905832068_5b7e7fb14b_o.jpg

this good hearted man had a plan to make things better, but ''you'll never please people''

Back