You still like Roller Coasters?

You haven't been living until you've been blown on a wooden coaster.

You haven't been living until you've been blown on a wooden coaster.

I'm not into roller coasters and I don't like heights, but I once took a girl on the cyclone because she was supposedly a roller coaster enthusiast who had never been on it.

It turned out to not be nearly as scary as I thought it would be, BUT you end up taking literal physical damage on that thing! Every turn slams you into the cart HARD, and the constant rattling of the seats makes you feel like you just got spanked with a lead pipe.

That girl I was with told me of all the rides she's been on, that one was the most terrifying.

Yes i love them. Years ago thwy were talking about opening a Six Flags here in Vegas but it didnt happen. That would have been sweet. The New York New York has a pretty legit one though. Ive ridden it dozens of times.

Fuckin A! Giant Dipper at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is my favorite 95 years old og-giant-dipper-roller-coaster.jpg

They look awesome, but scare the crap out of me. I no longer partake.

Been craving to go on a roller coaster again. Magic Mountain or something but it's full of little kids and camp clubs.

They need to have an amusement park somewhere in the country for adults with extreme rides.

My favorite was Boomerang at Knotts Berry Farm, of course they removed it.

I don't enjoy them like I did when I was a kid, but I still enjoy them.

I went to Magic Mountain last Saturday and it was still a blast. Lines weren’t that bad either.

I went to Magic Mountain last Saturday and it was still a blast. Lines weren’t that bad either.
Nice . I remember waiting 3 hours in line when Batman The Ride opened up back in like 1996.

The guys maintaining those rides probably make minimum wage and aren't very motivated to do their job properly.

Theme Park manager: Did you make your precursory check of all the bolts before the park opens Tim?

Tim: <Fedor23>
Exactly why I never fucked with any of the rides at my local amusement park. We have a ride called drop zone and a mentally disabled kid's seat didn't lock him in and it opened when he reached the peak of the ride and fell to his death. I know a couple of people have died at the amusement park, but that's the only one I can remember clearly. One kid got his head literally kicked off or he got kicked to death when he hopped a fence to search for his hat he lost while riding a ride called top gun. I think they got rid of top gun but that drop zone ride is still around. I remember riding a roller coaster when I was like 11 that had a little nylon strap to hold you in your seat and although I met the ride height I couldn't get this thing to strap me down. There were parts of the ride where my ass was just floating above the seat and the only thing that kept me in was me holding onto whatever was around me. A lot of instances where people die at amusement parks are due to negligence, like letting someone on a ride and they are too obese to safely strap themselves in. But people would probably sue if you asked to measure their waist size before letting them on a ride

I enjoy them but not nearly as much as I used to

I still enjoy them but I'm definitely a bit more of a pussy than I was when I was a kid. I can do the 'standard' loop the loops or the super fast ones all day but I'm really not a fan of any of the ones where it's basically just a vertical drop.

Took my kids to Thorpe Park last year and my eldest son loved this ride but it looks like my idea of hell lol. Almost an hour's queue and the ride lasts about 30 seconds.

When I was a kid of course.

Now as an adult I can't stomach them too much. Feel extremely ill after 2 or 3.

The Missile at "American Adventure" in the UK was so good. Now of course all the Alton Towers rides are great.

Exactly why I never fucked with any of the rides at my local amusement park. We have a ride called drop zone and a mentally disabled kid's seat didn't lock him in and it opened when he reached the peak of the ride and fell to his death. I know a couple of people have died at the amusement park, but that's the only one I can remember clearly. One kid got his head literally kicked off or he got kicked to death when he hopped a fence to search for his hat he lost while riding a ride called top gun. I think they got rid of top gun but that drop zone ride is still around. I remember riding a roller coaster when I was like 11 that had a little nylon strap to hold you in your seat and although I met the ride height I couldn't get this thing to strap me down. There were parts of the ride where my ass was just floating above the seat and the only thing that kept me in was me holding onto whatever was around me. A lot of instances where people die at amusement parks are due to negligence, like letting someone on a ride and they are too obese to safely strap themselves in. But people would probably sue if you asked to measure their waist size before letting them on a ride

I have a friend that worked at Great America during that time in Ride Maint. If i recall correctly the kid was able to wiggle out of the restraints some how. At the time the ride only had shoulder restraints. Since then they have added a seat belt style restraints to keep people from wiggling out. Everyone is a different shape so I could see how a tall enough rider that is mentally handicap could maybe freak out and wiggly free if skinny enough. I agree with you on the waste size vs being tall enough.

Some rides have double safeties on the restraints. They will have a mechanical ratcheting lock mechanism that can only open with air pressure. When the cart leaves the loading area it loses air pressure and the mechanical restraints can only be unlocked when the cart regains its air pressure which can only happen in the loading station. The cart also has s seat belt style lock for the shoulder restraints

Also rides have safeties that wont allow an operator to open restraints at the wrong time.

On certain rides like the fireball if a person is too big the shoulder restraint can not close enough and the ride wont start electronically.

Now on an older ride that is considered not as high thrill there could be zero electronic safeties

I have a friend that worked at Great America during that time in Ride Maint. If i recall correctly the kid was able to wiggle out of the restraints some how. At the time the ride only had shoulder restraints. Since then they have added a seat belt style restraints to keep people from wiggling out. Everyone is a different shape so I could see how a tall enough rider that is mentally handicap could maybe freak out and wiggly free if skinny enough. I agree with you on the waste size vs being tall enough.

Some rides have double safeties on the restraints. They will have a mechanical ratcheting lock mechanism that can only open with air pressure. When the cart leaves the loading area it loses air pressure and the mechanical restraints can only be unlocked when the cart regains its air pressure which can only happen in the loading station. The cart also has s seat belt style lock for the shoulder restraints

Also rides have safeties that wont allow an operator to open restraints at the wrong time.

On certain rides like the fireball if a person is too big the shoulder restraint can not close enough and the ride wont start electronically.

Now on an older ride that is considered not as high thrill there could be zero electronic safeties
The one I remember being semi-dangerous was 'The Grizzly', that's the one I thought I was going to fly out of my seat on

The one I remember being semi-dangerous was 'The Grizzly', that's the one I thought I was going to fly out of my seat on

I never rode that one but I bet it only had a lap bar one size fits all pretty much kind of thing.

Love them. Goliath and X2 at Magic Mountain are my favorites. Stronger the G force, the funner the ride.

I rediscovered my love for roller coasters by taking off my eyeglasses before going on. I guess the thought of losing them caused too much anxiety.

Back