You have to respect what Anderson, GSP and Fedor were able to do

it's not really that we don't have those types of fighters now a days in my opinion. it's more of the fact that the fans and media are so quick to crown the next guy a king without allowing him to prove it himself, and when that guy fails it just further waters down the title of "greatest" or "GOAT" or "p4p king".

all of those guys, GSP/Fedor/Anderson went on huge winning streaks, we have guys like that currently, Khabib/Holloway/Mighty Mouse but media and fans don't really care because the environment has changed. people want things RIGHT NOW they don't want to wait 10 years to see if Khabib is still undefeated, they don't want fighters to take their time and accrue the needed experience one would need to accomplish greatness, they want everything fast tracked so they can say "i told you so" or whatever.

everything in the world moves 1000x faster than it did when GSP/Fedor/Anderson were at their peaks, more social media, more exposure of the sport, more people connected to the internet, etc.,

but it's like that famous quote goes: "You can't rush greatness"

aldo is gonna skyrocket up the lists once this last year of his done with

gonna add moicano, another young lion like zabit/volk then fight for the belt at the end of the year in his last fight. get ready

Going into Saturdays event TJ Dillashaw was the argued by some to be the best fighter on the planet

He just got smoked

I know GSP, Silva and Fedor all lost but looking back when they hit their strides all three put together runs of dominance and jaw dropping stats that have to be respected. Will we ever have an era of three seemingly unbeatable champions all at the same time?
Going into Saturdays event Renan Barao was argued by some to be the best fighter on the planet.

His string of title defenses is much closer to the 3 you name than TJ Saltishaw.

Oic

I wasnt directly comparing them myself though
They're grouped together, for me, more by impact than anything else. They just happen to go together for me

I see.

It seemed like TJ losing his streak somehow made you value their winning streaks more or Tj less. Which I can't say is the same for me. But apparently you just used it as a bridge, not an general evaluation

Going into Saturdays event TJ Dillashaw was the argued by some to be the best fighter on the planet

He just got smoked

I know GSP, Silva and Fedor all lost but looking back when they hit their strides all three put together runs of dominance and jaw dropping stats that have to be respected. Will we ever have an era of three seemingly unbeatable champions all at the same time?

LOL@ some people saw TJ as the best fighter on the planet. Noone saw that that, except for his mom and Dad maybe

Also LOL@ talking about the best fighters on the planet, but not mentioning the only GOAT fighter who has literally NEVER been beaten in the octagon.

TS is being silly.

I see.

It seemed like TJ losing his streak somehow made you value their winning streaks more or Tj less. Which I can't say is the same for me. But apparently you just used it as a bridge, not an general evaluation

Yes

Just made me think about it

He just got smoked

GSP got smoked by turbo manlet Matt Serra (who is actually shorter than TJ LOL)

How do you know TJ won't avenge his loss and go on a massive win streak like GSP did? He only needs 1-2 more wins at 135 to solidify himself as the greatest BW of all time.

Why ruin a good discussion by throwing dirty drug cheat Jon 'Asterisk' Jones into the mix?

It's not even a Barry Bonds level asterisk, where you know 100% he juiced, but never pissed hot during the time steroids were banned in baseball.

Jones pissed hot. He's out of the fucking GOAT discussion. Stop this shit already.

Last edited:
All these guys have recent losses except GSP, whose last loss was in 2007, couple of months before the iphone hit the market...

Back